It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Female Bartender Fired For Not Wearing Makeup Loses Case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Make up is an enhancement of beauty. It is not considered grooming.

The people in that court system are heap of dumbass's. Idoits that have no clue.

Yeah, that is my take on the situation too. Basically what they're saying is that regardless of how 'well groomed' this woman looks she still below normal standards unless she also puts on makeup. That's just stupid.

However, I think the real reason that they lost their case is that they were trying to use the 'Sexual Discrimination' ploy rather than the 'Wrongfull Termination' angle, or something along those lines. Had they just proven the fact that their was no 'contract agreement' to the effect that 'Lipstick' is required as part of the employee uniform they might of won.

I imagine that 'Policy' states something similar to the fact that all employees must be 'Presentable, Well Groomed, etc.' and in a required uniform or something and that's it. That way it would have been up to the Bar Owner & his Lawyers to then have to 'Prove' that this woman didn't fit within those guidelines by simply not wearing lipstick.

<< 1   >>

join