It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't expect to see a police officer if you're burgled says head of National Police Chiefs(England)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Indeed it was, but subsequent postings by members indicated that they thought this was the case now - it is not.

And I did say, they (and the ACPO before hand) would regularly do this sort of thing to drum up a media frenzy for funding reasons.. They did it during the Labour years and they did it during the last Tory Government. It is nothing new.

As it stands, the Police do attend burglary's - my sister was burgled a few weeks back. And it is not down for the Chief Constable to decide priorities - it is down to the PCC.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

here are a few from america if that was the original intent of the OP

www.nbcbayarea.com...

www.frontpagemag.com...

thefreethoughtproject.com...

www.komonews.com... funding cuts going on everywhere

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I can tell you that without a shadow of doubt that this is already happening in UK policing.

Budget cuts have decimated the Police forces in this country,and all this while crime is on the increase, and when I say it's increasing it genuinely is. Don't believe the figures spouted by the government. Positive crime recording is now taking place in all forces, meaning that if a crime is reported on the initial call, then that crime will be recorded until it can be proved that a crime did not take place. This is going to have a major impact on crime figures in the near future, this will show the Public that due to the cuts crime has increased and not reduced as many government officials would have you believe now.

It is a ploy from the Police hierarchy (ACPO) to show that government cuts are having a huge negative impact on the effectiveness of the Police. Don't give them the money and they cant do the job as it should be done, simple.

The Police still need and want to do their job, however they have to prioritise what they deal with. Is it really worth sending an officer to the home of someone who returned home from holiday and discovered in that two week period they had been burgled? Send scenes of crime there to gather evidence but does it really need a Police officer? There are other agencies such as victim support to offer emotional support etc. I'd rather that officer be out catching the scum involved in child sex rings, or people trafficking, anything where there is threat, harm or risk involved to someone who is vulnerable.

We are living in times of Police austerity, it's not the Police's fault, it's the governments who have cut too deep, too quickly.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That's a positive and sensible way of dealing with it that you often find is prevalent in many smaller parts of the country where the police have a good rapport with their communities. Unfortunately, in London with met targets and bureaucracy they're more likely to investigate and nick you for responding as it gives them an easy to wrap up case for the CPS.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So your cops are worried about the children, not your property. Which is fair, i guess.

So, are they going to just stake out your wealthy? Seems to be the best way to protect the children, right?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Oh I agree completely, I love living here on the SW coast for that reason, I couldn't bear living in London.
Safe, chilled, and mostly harmonious here, cops well outnumbered so they are usually friendly (or when they are not it is only because they are scared with just a baton), and more than happy to turn that blind eye when a community finds it's own way to solve problems.

The funding of our police is less than half per citizen than spent in London:
Western Morning News

Research carried out by the office of the Police and Crime Commissioner shows Devon and Cornwall receives just £103.80 per head of population compared to the £225.80 allocated to the Metropolitan Police.

And although London is a special case as the capital of course, the funding for police in Devon & Cornwall Constabulary is lower than many others:

The PCC’s latest publication shows Devon and Cornwall Police received £84 less per person than the more urban Merseyside Police force and £60 less than Greater Manchester. This imbalance is also reflected in funding for forces in South and West Yorkshire, which receive just £139 and £140 per head respectively.

But here's the thing, Devon & Cornwall is the largest geographical police area in England with rural and urban/city landscapes, it has millions of tourists swelling the region every Summer, and yet it's funding is based on a rather crude equation using it's Winter/year round resident population numbers.

The Police Commissioner has even got an online petition about it here: Fair Funding Petition although I haven't signed it myself, I like seeing few cops, I like that the cops I see are friendly and just want you to be friendly back, I like that they turn blind eyes to social groups sorting things out themselves, and stupid crimes that communities are not complaining about.

I can't ever see myself moving to another part of the UK.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
But dont worry they will still be round to arrest the home owner when he kicks the crap out of a burgler.

i really despair at the utter stupidity of my government the police were ones a force to respect as a law abider
and fear as a criminal now it is reduced to a "service" that most loathe and see as government enforcers quota chasers!
edit on 28/7/15 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree.

Maglite + 7 iron to the head if they don't run right away. If they keep coming after that then the gun is coming out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join