It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Didn’t Know He Was Caught Doing Private Act With Crying Handicap Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: semperfortis

Why is a cop doing his job news worthy?

We get it.....there are good cops out there.

What we DON'T get is why those good cops cover for the bad.

Post a cop busting his partner for police brutality and then we can talk about how "good" cops are.

But nice try anyway.

Edit: I see his partner was the one who filmed it. But he didn't know he was being watched......

This is an uplifting event. This is more than his job. Your reaction is not very human.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Most people would take the criticism to heart and ask themselves if maybe there really is a problem.

Others ridicule because that's all they know........

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

No one denies that there are great cops out there, of course there are!
That doesn't detract from the reality that there are potentially hundreds of thousands of terrible ones, racist ones, abusive ones, authoritarian ones, incapable ones, and colluding ones.

Many of the individuals within the organization might be great people, but the organization itself is rotten to the core, with complete lack of accountability and complete collusion with criminality in many cased.

One great example (among many) is the recent video of a cop punching someone on camera in a store, while his colleagues did absolutely nothing during or after the event. There were at least three cops there, with one of them attacking and assaulting an innocent citizen, and no one else mentioned that after the incident, none of them dared to hold him to any standard.

That makes THEM just as guilty. They watched their colleague brutally attack an innocent member of the public and they covered up for him.

It's great that there are professional and decent cops out there, but when the system they work within is rotten to the core they're almost nothing more than a gnats fart in a hurricane.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

And you have proof that good cops cover for bad?

I agree.
There can be no proof, IMO, that good cops cover for bad ones.
A cop that covers for a bad one is not a good cop, by definition.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Of course we're going to focus on the bad things they do. They're job is to protect and serve us so when they step out of line we're going to point it out.

When I do a good job at my work or help the elderly I don't get a thread written about me. When a caregiver gives a client a real good sponge bath it doesn't make headlines.

We know there's a problem when we have to post these stories so some of us can sleep better at night. MANY people do their job and go above and beyond get no recognition but when a cop does a good deed people are surprised as # , anyone else see a problem with this?

The bad outweigh the good by far judging by personal experience and the constant bombardment of police brutality being caught on film almost daily.

Good on this cop though.

If he's one of the good guys he'll report all the crooked cops in his department once the walk is over

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Why is a cop doing his job news worthy?

We get it.....there are good cops out there.

What we DON'T get is why those good cops cover for the bad.

Post a cop busting his partner for police brutality and then we can talk about how "good" cops are.

But nice try anyway.

Edit: I see his partner was the one who filmed it. But he didn't know he was being watched......

This is an uplifting event. This is more than his job. Your reaction is not very human.

I forgot. Their job is to choke, beat, tazer, kick, and kill unruly, mentally ill people.

So yes, this is uplifting in the fact she was treated like a human for once.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Shame people can't just appreciate this for what it is and have to tie this cop in to some other random stuff there's no way to link him to.

This cop helped a handicapped woman. We don't know that he's covering up for anybody or ever had any use of force issues. But he's still spoken of and judged as if this was a video of him high fiving somebody after a shooting.

Ah well. SSDD on ATS.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Cop or not...a person did a nice thing for another person when they needed it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

me too. i was expecting an unhappy story but was pleasantly surprised.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Didn't know he was being watched/filmed? I'm calling BS on that. This is just pro-cop propaganda, being used to try and distract from all the recent incidents that have given law enforcement the justly deserved terrible image they currently enjoy. You can keep trying with this nonsense, but you aren't fooling many. Until cops start enforcing the law on each other with the same zeal they do on the general public, they are both hypocrites and criminal in their own right.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think the reason that people post mainly about police doing bad things is because that is a conspiracy of sorts. Police not doing their job as intended.

A police officer doing what they are supposed to be doing is not a conspiracy in anyway.

That being said it is nice to read about any story about any person doing something to help others, no matter their job or "role" in society.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Shame people can't just appreciate this for what it is

What it is?

It is a properly implemented PR stunt.

If not, then it is a cop doing what HE SHOULD BE DOING instead of beating her.

I guess that means high fives back at the station too when you get to upload the footage to youtube and hope it goes viral?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A police person doing a nice thing. Isn't that what they are supposed to do?

Why on earth is it heartwarming' and 'beautiful'? It should be the norm. I met some great cops back in the 80's, going out of their way to help me and nobody put it into the news. Because it was what was expected.

It only becomes newsworthy if it is 'unexpected'.

That alone should send shivers down your spines.

Whilst you are ooh-ing and aww-ing over this one decent individual, the whole police force in the US is going downhill.

The general problem has not disappeared. Someone innocent will get shot again soon because of a bent cop. That is what we should be concentrating on and stop from happening. I doubt that that individual or their family will care much about this post.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

How could his partner be filming it from behind and the guy not know?

are you ignant, i bet thousands of people have mocked you from behind and you didn't know it.

notice key word behind.
simple meaning, behind.: not in front of.

a real simple definition for the intentionally ignant, just in case you don't know,

ignant here are two that apply here,

ignant: While ignorant implies doing or saying something foolish not knowing any better, ignant implies that the person knew damn well and chose to act foolish anyway.

ignant: proudly, willfully ignorant. Holding up one's ignorance as a virtue, and using it as rhetorical and moral leverage. cf. Ignorance.

edit on 28-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hmm.....read the thread title again. It says he didn't know he was caught doing something for someone. How can you do something IN FRONT OF another person and not know you were caught doing that act?

And by the way. It just shows the level of intellectual debate when one has to stoop to name calling and belittling.

Only two posters have done so in this thread and they are pro police.......go figure......
edit on 28-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

No panties or bunches..

Just facts

If you make a statement that good cops cover for bad, you better be able to back it up or it is nothing but nonsense. If you have proof and do nothing with it, you are as guilty as those you rail against.

Simple facts

Hahaha haha

This is so funny I am still laughing

A 10 sec Google of "cop covers for cop" will bring up all you need to know

But I'm sure it's better to be ignorant

And in closing

Ther are NO good cops

None. Zero. Zilch

edit on am720153108America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 08:42:51 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It says he didn't know he was caught doing something for someone. How can do something IN FRONT OF another person and not know you were caught doing that act?

there you go again using a fallacy trying to prove your point.
the article plainly says that after they started walking his partner saw it and the recorded it, from behind.

from the OP source,

Giovenco’s partner spotted the heartwarming scene and began recording the cop and citizen stroll from behind

so if the mans back was turned towards his partner, and then his partner took the camera out and started recording while the man wasn't looking at his partner he had no idea he was being recorded.

if the partner didn't tell him he recorded his walk with the young woman and he didn't find out unitl it was posted on facebook, that is easily believable. his partner wanted to show the man has a heart and probably knew that if he saw him recording it, he wouldn't let it be posted. that's the way people who are humble act.

your argument is just from pure mean spite, coming from your hatred of police. or at least that what it appears to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ok. If that's the case then why would the partner think that a cop acting kindly to a person was worthy of filming and posting it on Facebook in the first place?

Are we so far gone that a random act of kindness by a cop is now news worthy to be posted on facebook?

If so, I have nothing more to say other than.....

Yippie..one cop out of hundreds actually has a heart. I can sleep all sound tonight knowing that.....

Better?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ok. If that's the case then why would the partner think that a cop acting kindly to a person was worthy of filming and posting it on Facebook in the first place? Are we so far gone that a random act of kindness by a cop is now news worthy to be posted on facebook? If so, I have nothing more to say other than..... Yippie..one cop out of hundreds actually has a heart. I can sleep all sound tonight knowing that..... Better?

as i said

"your argument is just from pure mean spite, coming from your hatred of police." i think that maybe people should worry about you.

since you insist on being a a@@ about it.

these are but a few of the hundreds if not thousands you can find, plus there is a thread about a black cop help a Klan member who is in distress due to heat exhaustion. Black officer helps white supremacist suffering from heat exhaustion at KKK rallyor the one who buys and eats lunch with a homeless man

so sleep well my ignant friend you can get many restful nights of sleep in your mom's basement typing your vile hatred for police.

don't get me wrong when they deserve it give em hell, but don't lump them all if one bunch.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

WTH is wrong with a good story for christ sake??? if you want to roll around in negative stuff fill your boots, let us who are on the fence hear something nice for a f'n change. And don't suggest for 1 freakin minute that we are not aware of what happens and the current state of LE.
Nice story OP..the word needs more nice stories..me too.
edit on 28-7-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2015 by vonclod because: me no can spelt

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join