It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns Out, Almond Milk Has No Almonds In It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Lol
How much pus is there in milk?

None. Vegans like to misuse the term, and will call white blood cells "pus cells" to make milk sound gross. There actually is no such thing as a "pus cell". eta: reading your cite - yep, the usual attempt to call neutrophils "pus". Sad. By that same standard, YOU are crawling with pus right now. Every cubic millimeter of your body is filled with living pus.

So, if you are female and breast fed your baby, you would be filling their little bellies with pus from your own body.

Sort of like me calling fruit and vegetables "plant sex organs". How many sex organs did you tear off, mutilate, and eat today? LOL
edit on 28-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Goats are (generally) friendly and playful, though. Unlike cows. If you spend any time with them, they'll run to greet you, follow you around, and beg to be petted/smooched like a dog.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Domo1

Wouldn't that be a lack of enzyme in response to different dietary consumption producing differences in gut flora? It seems most of this sensitivity goes away with slowly consuming larger amounts.

I'm guessing if it was that easy to fix it wouldn't be a real problem. My understanding is that people with lactose intolerance simply don't produce the enzyme, or at least in sufficient quantities.

Well a smoking habit is an easy fix, so is alcohol, and a wide range of things people have issues with but don't take the time necessary to ease their pain. Quick fix society.

I'm not saying it works for everyone with an intolerance to lactose, but I bet half of them can rid it if they simply had some patience.

So I decided to educate myself, and it seems 70% have a genetic origin for decline in lactase, with rate of decline in enzyme production depending on ethicity. It seems only a small percentage can show improvements from changing their intestinal flora. Guess I'm one of them.

Lactose Intolerance
edit on 28-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Lol
How much pus is there in milk?

None. Vegans like to misuse the term, and will call white blood cells "pus cells" to make milk sound gross. There actually is no such thing as a "pus cell". eta: reading your cite - yep, the usual attempt to call neutrophils "pus". Sad. By that same standard, YOU are crawling with pus right now. Every cubic millimeter of your body is filled with living pus.

So, if you are female and breast fed your baby, you would be filling their little bellies with pus from your own body.

Sort of like me calling fruit and vegetables "plant sex organs". How many sex organs did you tear off, mutilate, and eat today? LOL

You go ahead and enjoy!

When a cow is infected, greater than 90% of the somatic cells in her milk are neutrophils, the inflammatory immune cells that form pus. The average somatic cell count in U.S. milk per spoonful is 1,120,000.

nutritionfacts.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

When a cow is infected, greater than 90% of the somatic cells in her milk are neutrophils, the inflammatory immune cells that form pus. The average somatic cell count in U.S. milk per spoonful is 1,120,000.

YOUR average neutrophil count is about 5000 per cubic mm. There are 1000 cubic millimeters in each ml, so for every ml of your body, you've got about 5,000,000 neutrophils. And a teaspoon is about 5ml, so you have 25,000,000 OOKY "PUS CELLS" in every spoonful of YOU.

EWWWW!!!

Normal human breast milk contains about a billion pus cells per liter! EWWWW! Or, right about the same as cow milk! OMG!! How OOKY!

So, really, it's no different than human milk, and a lot less than your insides. And, again, the only point is to try to phrase it in a way that sounds 'ooky', but is inane and foolish to any mature adult.

Enjoying your plate of burnt, mutilated sex organs?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
BFFT
Goats are AWESOME..I love them. If you get boar goats, a border collie
& some electro-net fencing you can be in business. Keep the does working
to scrub brush & use or sale the males for meat....double income.

I was going to do that in CA but decided to come to the east coast.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 2872015 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Well, that sucks.

I rarely drink dairy milk now because I found it triggers migraines in me. I drank almond milk for awhile, but I guess I got sick of it.

Maybe I'll try coconut milk. I sometimes eat organic cold pressed coconut for energy. Very fattening, but good fats, I'll eat like a teaspoon.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I usually go with cashew milk. It has way more body to it than almond milk,

Yeah, almond and soy milk

I usually get coconut milk....but will have to try the cashew milk....does it taste at all like cashews??

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Cashew milk tastes more likt he milk in the bottom of a bowl of cereal. It has some body, some texture, and some flavor.

Almond milk tastes to me like a mix of pure fiber and rancid oil. I use it to add volume to shakes....but cashew milk is better.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Geez...I'm glad I asked.....I really don't like the milk from the bottom of the cereal bowl LOL
I'll stick to my coconut milk.....

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

you can't go wrong with coconut milk.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am allergic to dairy, more specifically the protein casein. Makes me sick to my stomach, and causes inflammation in my body. I have tried all the fake milks - almond, soy, Coconut, even potato. Hated every one of them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
God...I hope it's the same for Baby Oil...

Å99

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned peanut milk. It's easy to try, although I don't have exact amounts but, years back I got into the habit of taking a tablespoon of smooth peanut butter and adding water, maybe 3/4 of a cup, and stirring until it was well mixed and pouring over shredded wheat cereal. It was not really like milk but it was nice.

I also like adding orgeat (rice milk) to my coffee, when there is some on hand. Oddly, it adds a nutty flavor, although there is nothing nutty about rice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join