It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns Out, Almond Milk Has No Almonds In It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Bedlam

Why don't we all just have IV ports put into us and administer liquid IV nutrients? Wouldn't that be cheaper than actual food?

Good Lord, no. TPN is like $1,000 a bag.

Get a goat if you want milk. It's not ba-aa-aad at all.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Everything is bad for you these days
I drink almond milk but love the taste of soymilk. I stopped drinking it because it supposedly causes cancer and specifically breast cancer in women.

What doesn't cause cancer these days

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Domo1

Wouldn't that be a lack of enzyme in response to different dietary consumption producing differences in gut flora? It seems most of this sensitivity goes away with slowly consuming larger amounts.

I'm guessing if it was that easy to fix it wouldn't be a real problem. My understanding is that people with lactose intolerance simply don't produce the enzyme, or at least in sufficient quantities.

I'm married to someone with diary problems, and he has the double whammy of being allergic to whey as well. Know-it-alls seem to think "balancing the gut flora" solves everything, but coming from the people who've lived with it their entire lives and tried everything, that actually doesn't work for many. If you don't produce the enzyme at all, your body's not going to tolerate the dairy well even with adding them in. You can lessen the nasty effects some, but it's not going to make him be able to suddenly drink a glass of milk or eat a tub of ice cream without problems (especially with the whey allergy, the know-it-alls got a cure-all to solve that, hmm?)

I've learned to replace dairy in recipes with full-fat coconut milk. Similar consistency, similar results, and the coconut flavor isn't all that heavy, either.

link   

I take prenatal vitamins. Hehehe.

link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Why don't we all just have IV ports put into us and administer liquid IV nutrients? Wouldn't that be cheaper than actual food?

Good Lord, no. TPN is like $5,000 a bag.

Get a goat if you want milk. It's not ba-aa-aad at all.

I LOVE Greek yogurt made with goat's milk. It's pretty good !

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am a huge fan of goat milk.

and goat cheese. Man, i love goat cheese.

and bbq goat. That too.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yeah, a lot of lactose intolerant people can actually drink milk after bolstering their digestive tract with a good run of probiotics.

Yep. I have a problem with this. I had a medic in the Army tell me the next time I was going to be in garrison for a while, to start chowing down on yogurt and kefir for a couple of days, then start with a teaspoon of whole milk one day, then two the next and just ride out the cramps and squirts.

It worked. Apparently, for a lot of people that don't consume milk or milk products all that often, you sort of lose the ability to produce the lactase enzyme on demand. You can re-condition your gut into doing it, but it's uncomfortable and takes time. About two weeks in my case. And if you stop drinking cow's milk again for a while, the problem comes back. I buy a half pint of cow milk about once a month just to stave off having to do this again.

When I was a kid, we had goats for milk. So most of my childhood and adolescence, it was unpasteurized goat milk on my oatmeal or in that glass. Goat milk doesn't have much in the way of lactose. So you tend to stop producing lactase.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
I LOVE Greek yogurt made with goat's milk. It's pretty good !

You can make kickass ice cream, too. If you want to make butter out of it, you have to have a separator, goat milk comes "homogenized" naturally.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I still think it's kind of weird we drink the milk of another animal, intended for their young.

Although without milk there would be no cheese. I need my cheese. I cannot survive without my cheese...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I am a huge fan of goat milk.

and goat cheese. Man, i love goat cheese.

and bbq goat. That too.

They make good pets, and keep the fences clean.

And you can eat them, if you don't make pets out of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You can't eat a pet?

I had a pet lobster for a few days, I named him Leonardo. It turns out there is very little information on how to keep a lobster as a pet. I had him with a wet paper towel in the crisper drawer of my fridge. I'd take him out a few times a day to walk around in the kitchen. I even managed to feed him some tuna fish.

In the end though, I didn't think he enjoyed living in my fridge. So, after 2-3 day I had to say goodbye to Leonardo.

He made a delicious bisque.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: Jaellma
Well this is depressing!

I buy this brand of almond milk! I can't drink cows milk. I love almond milk but damn if it's not full of almonds that irks me because it's really not cheap!!

I've bought the silk brand but it's so thick compared to the Blue Diamond. I don't use it often, it's for cooking or cereal if I have it and my son drinks it. He was on goats milk but it was getting very expensive and I figured he could just have the almond milk when he wanted milk, which now is almost never.

Well, I just called Silk and asked them what is the concentration of almond in their Silk Almond Milk. The representative on the phone said he couldn't give it out since it was "proprietary information". LOL

So, in other countries, they state the percentages but here in the Good ole US of A, they can't tell me the percentage of almond milk in a simple concoction! SMH.

I guess I need to look around some more at other alternatives. It's principle based at this point.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's just white colored water with almond flavor concentrate.

I'm totally joking, but it's the USA, who knows what's really in it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You can't eat a pet?

I have always had problems eating pets. I would have had troubles eating my milk goats, or my FFA calf.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Im not really looking to build a menagerie of livestock. But pets...different matter entirely. I have about an acre that goats would be a nice fit for. The wife an I have talked about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

False advertizing much? Maybe the breeze comes later, out the other end?

Lol Really everyone it has 2% almonds that is a lot of nuts it would cost a ton to have 100% nut milk and it gives the protein and calcium and all the ingredients are listed.Where is the scam? Where did anyone mislead anyone? I love the stuff personally.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Someone mentioned gluten free bacon.

How does turkey bacon even qualify as bacon?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Ewww, turkey bacon? Not sure, but it reminds me of this little gem of a clip.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Almond milk is just another "health food" sham To make money from gullible do-gooders.

Like gluten free bacon.

Lol
How much pus is there in milk?
nutritionfacts.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

That's one rung above boiled turkey bacon. What if turkey bacon is cooked in almond milk? Surely a health food then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join