It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and gentlemen, your GOP frontrunner. Did Donald Trump rape his wife?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Warning: The article contains explicit language, in the form of threats directed against a reporter by Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen.

gawker.com... dium=socialflow

Please note that the first one to attack the source earns my undying scorn. Yes, Gawker is often shady and morally dubious. But I've never seen them post anything factually incorrect, or at least wholly so.

Basically, the gist of the story is that a 1993 biography of The Donald revealed accusations from his ex-wife Ivana Trump that he forcibly raped her while the two were married.

After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon. [...] What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants. [SNIP] Ivana is terrified…It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

A reporter recently reached out Trump's camp for comment, and got the following inexplicable response from his lawyer:

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.” “It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

As well as some pretty vicious threats to the reporter in question.

So, what do you think? Ivana and Donald later came to some sort of consensus that what happened wasn't 'rape rape' and left the matter at that (with, I'm sure, an 'extra' in the divorce settlement), so it's not like anybody is going to be looking at charges against him. But do you think it will hit him in the polls?

edit on 7/28/2015 by eriktheawful because: TC Violation.

edit on Tue Jul 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: bolded the warning for language

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Gawker...

BTW op, you aren't going to be the first person this hour to dislike me, meh, it is a gift.

Just seems too convenient to me, not to mention crickets from the msm that would love to crucify him.
edit on 27-7-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

Edit to add, I still flagged and starred you op, as one never knows, maybe he did, he is an egotistical nacisist.
edit on 27-7-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Donald is a freak act that people stop and watch in a morbid way, so I do not think he would be called a front runner....

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm not finished reading, but this stuck out to me:

"And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse"

Um, go shove your definition up your ass. What does that even mean?
If your spouse doesn't consent to sex, and:

[snipped]“According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’"

That is rape.

The veracity of the source may not be reliable, but I'm just pointing out, that's our legal system at work, if true.

This dude would rape his wife, he'd happily rape this country if it lines his pockets, gets his face and name all over the world, and makes his businesses pockets even fatter.
edit on Tue Jul 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: graphic material removed.

(post by rupertg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Gawker...

BTW op, you aren't going to be the first person this hour to dislike me, meh, it is a gift.

Just seems too convenient to me, not to mention crickets from the msm that would love to crucify him.

Is gawker an unreliable source? I've honestly never come across it before.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He's leading the polls. What would you call it?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Gawker...

Is gawker an unreliable source? I've honestly never come across it before.

I wouldn't say unreliable, they just church things up sometimes, for higher hit counts.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The source is biased.

I wouldn't trust anything Ivana says during a divorce deposition.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Not cool if true.

I have to pass on Gawker as a good source.

They have sold out. Check out the hits that come back if you type in gmo, for starters.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I wouldn't disagree with you there one bit.

Gawker isn't my favorite source, but they're not in the business of blatantly making # up.
edit on 7/27/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

I would call it early and the term front runner would suit someone who is actually going to be there in the end.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

I wouldn't disagree with you there one bit.

Gawker isn't my favorite source, but they're not in the business of blatantly making # up.

I agree, but time will tell, if this story has legs it will walk far.

If not, it will die a quiet whimper and that will be that.

If true, they should have waited until about 3 months out from the election to maximize the damage, while giving little time to rebound, or be forgotten on election day.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I would call it early and the term front runner would suit someone who is actually going to be there in the end.

Do you think he is pulling a perot?

Interesting theory, you could be right.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If it happened the way that it's described in the article then that is rape. However I expect this to make trump's approval ratings go higher since most of the republican base is still stuck in the 40s..back when wives were seen as property.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
If it happened the way that it's described in the article then that is rape. However I expect this to make trump's approval ratings go higher since most of the republican base is still stuck in the 40s..back when wives were seen as property.

They aren't?

Damn, I was in talks to sell my exwife , for 1/2 what she cost me.

Man.... Now i'm just screwed on all of it...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well he actually doesn't have a platform and so he is just an egomaniac and this will feed it quite well until he gets bored with it and moves on.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That will manifest when Jeb comes to the rescue !!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
However I expect this to make trump's approval ratings go higher since most of the republican base is still stuck in the 40s..back when wives were seen as property.

Wow wives were property back then? BTW I do not think he is a republican at all. It seems all his views are democratic, so maybe he is in it to wreck havoc for the dems.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Please stop. This is the second thread today that had crap to do with yesterday. This a LONG time yesterday... if it's true. OK. I'll admit it right now. As A Canadian citizen I can run for Prez: See: Cruz. I once raped my left hand back in the 60's.

My apologies to rape victims. I'm not making light of you. I'm making light of this ridiculous process.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join