It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash cam records Medford Medford (Massachusetts) detective threatening, yelling at driver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

MEDFORD, Mass. -

A Medford police detective was placed on administrative leave Monday morning after a driver's dash camera captured him threatening and yelling at the driver after a traffic stop late Sunday night

This pretty much says it all.

The dash camera video, which was posted to YouTube, records Lebert as saying, "I'll put a hole right through your head," as he repeatedly swore at the driver.

"You are lucky I am a cop or I'd beat the (expletive) out of you right now," Lebert is heard saying on the video.

Lebert was warned several times by the driver that he was being recorded, but continued to yell at the driver, as the driver continually apologizes for his driving mistake.

"I am troubled by what I have seen on the video," said Medford Police Chief Leo Sacco. "I was upset to see one of my officers involved in this kind of activity."

So, even though the chief has pulled him from duty, especially after his chequered past, when is the police union going to crack down on this violent actions from within their midst? The time for cover-ups is over. They must embrace mandatory random drug testing for steroids. The time has long passed for this to become SOP.

LINK TO FULL STORY: Dash cam records Medford detective threatening, yelling at driver

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

With all the focus on police abusing their authority and killing unarmed civilians, I would think most police would keep their anger in check. I know if I was a police officer, considering how many people are using their cell phones to video record police abuse, the last thing I would do is act unprofessional. I wouldn't want to take a chance on losing my job or being put behind bars.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I kept thinking that guy was going to take the camera like he kept saying.

That is the one thing I have always been concerned about. How many cameras have been "seized" then never recovered or recovered missing video?

I heard there is a program you can upload video to a server while recording. That is the kind I want. Password protected.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's the rage...when in that state you do not think logically. Which is why it is so dangerous with someone who is not only heavily armed, but trained and backed up by the blue line. If any CCW holder acted like this, they would likely be stripped of their license to carry on the spot. Forced to undergo anger management courses, and probably be compelled to do community service.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Imagine what the outcome would have been had someone exited their vehicle and reached into their pockets while yelling "I'll put a hole right through your head," as this neanderthal did, in the presence of a police officer.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why are cops so mad?

Why do they always want to beat the ___ out of you?

That's insane! Threatening to kill him, to shoot him, they. are. pyscopaths.

I'm not an angel, but "normal" people don't go around threatening to kill other people for minor traffic violations!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

We neeeed mandatory drug testing for steroid use IMO. They are notorious for amplifying the anger and frustration into blind rage. I know this from personal experience. How many must die before this happens? Will it take the death of a public official (or one of their children) at the hands of an out-of-control raging LEO until this happens?

edit on 7/27/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Okay, sure he may have been rightfully angry for what he perceived that the guy had done but that was in no way professional to conduct himself like that, nor safe for either party. Especially now days with all the violence. Being on camera which he was so worried about in wanting to confiscate it from the man should have been the least of his worries considering his action may have warranted the man to use self defense against him. Actually, maybe this angry breaking point for him, in being exposed now by the local media and now surely at a national level, will save his anger issues from turning into tragic loss of life.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

"I was upset to see one of my officers involved in this kind of activity."

"I was upset to see one of my officers Get Caught involved in this kind of activity."
Fixed it.
I'd bet this isn't the first time this cop has lost it and has complaints against him. Only difference is, this time there's video.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

"I was upset to see one of my officers involved in this kind of activity."

"I was upset to see one of my officers Get Caught involved in this kind of activity."
Fixed it.
I'd bet this isn't the first time this cop has lost it and has complaints against him. Only difference is, this time there's video.

Here is a little on this LEO's chequered past encounters of this kind (all caps are how the video was transcribed, I am not yelling. Due to T&C's here, I need to quote the article exactly, including the letter case).

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST INCIDENT BEING CALLED INTO QUESTION? Reporter: THAT'S RIGHT. HE IS A VETERAN POLICE OFFICER WITH 30 YEARS ON-THE-JOB, BUT 5 INVESTIGATES DISCOVERED THERE HAVE BEEN SOME PRIOR ISSUES. ONE INVOLVED A CASE THAT DATES BACK TO THE 90s AND THE OTHER WAS JUST THREE YEARS AGO, AND ONCE AGAIN IT WAS ALL CAUGHT ON TAPE

Link to Full Article: 5 Investigates: Video, lawsuit detail Medford officer's past behavior

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The force really needs to be actively finding and removing officers whom are getting past their point of being able to deal with the public without resorting to this kind of behavior......

And this behavior we are seeing is what we expect from violent criminals not peace officers.....

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The force really needs to be actively finding and removing officers whom are getting past their point of being able to deal with the public without resorting to this kind of behavior......

And this behavior we are seeing is what we expect from violent criminals not peace officers.....

Imagine if the roles were reversed? If a regular angry motorist got out and approached his car, making the same profanity laced threats to put a bullet in his head. I'll bet there would be a coroner dispatched to declare the motorist dead, and the LEO would be given a medal for his "bravery".

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Fire this clown.

Now.

Should have fired him the first time he was caught on tape.

It's not only clowns like this that make people hate and mistrust police, it's the fact that because of the "thin blue line", it seems that all the other cops are accomplices even if they didn't commit the abuse personally.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think it is fairly predictable what would happen if the roles were reversed.....

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I really and truly hope that he loses his job as a cop and is transferred to the solid waste collection department. Seems to be the only job for which he might be suited 'cause he sounds like a piece of garbage to me.
Yes, drug test these 'roid raging fools and let them spend a few months/years in the crossbar hotel to let them know they are NOT above the law.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I really and truly hope that he loses his job as a cop and is transferred to the solid waste collection department. Seems to be the only job for which he might be suited 'cause he sounds like a piece of garbage to me.
Yes, drug test these 'roid raging fools and let them spend a few months/years in the crossbar hotel to let them know they are NOT above the law.

Hey don't put down the sanitation workers. They have a hard job to do, and without them we would all be up to our eyes in trash. They don't deserve to be compared to this 'roid infested rage machine.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So it's illegal to record someone talking unless you tell them you're recording? How are you sopposed to document corruption or crimes without informing the criminal?

Answer = you dont/

Cops are LEGALLY allowed to lie to you. It is ridiculous you have to inform a cop that they're being recorded.

Talking about killing the kid, and seizing his camera knowing full well nothings gonna happen to him.

#yesAllCops/

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Oh no, I didn't mean anything derogatory about sanitation workers---I respect and appreciate them. But they get to take out their frustrations by abusing garbage cans, not people. They expect to deal with garbage every day and they aren't disappointed.
I would send this guy to the sorting shed for a couple of years to serve out his term for threatening to murder someone. Eight hours a day sorting through stinking garbage for recyclables and the rest of the time in a jail cell. That might be enough to adjust his attitude.

edit on 28-7-2015 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Out of curiosity...

How much authority does an off-duty cop, out of uniform, and driving his own personal vehicle actually have ? Can he instigate a stop, and detain you ?

Judging from the video, I would have kept backing up and drove off. Some irate incoherent asshole screaming death threats at me, doesn't compel me to hang around and find out what they want.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

And what if he drove over him as a means to protect himself from that maniac?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join