It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Missing Off the Atlantic Coast of Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The two 14 year olds from the inlet near www.facebook.com... have been missing from Jupiter, Florida since Friday afternoon.

Their 19 foot boat was found capsized NorthEast of Jupiter off of Cape Canaveral; the teens, however, weren't with the boat. The engine cover was missing, as was at least one personal flotation device.

The boys could be anywhere from the Georgia coast, due to the Gulf Stream, south to Jupiter or north of the Bahamas.

Question: Are there any pirates in this area? Could they have been kidnapped/picked up by a vessel?

It's hoped that they've made it to shore on some coastal island and the Coast Guard www.facebook.com... will find them safe and sound.
edit on 27-7-2015 by cfnyaami because: (no reason given)

Their neighbor, the ex-NFL great Joe Namath, is part of the community; a $100,000 reward is reported.

Here's another link with photos

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

Find Austin and Perry is a Facebook group that has been set up.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I heard it on the local news. Seems odd to me that the parents let these two kids go so far alone. My partner and I saw that the boat was found on the news this morning, and commented that the parents were bizarrely calm. Not that I know how I would react, maybe that's normal for them. Will keep watching.

I'm in south Florida. So it's all over the news.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

Well, as I read, they didn't "allow" them out of the inlet; they (the boys) chose to go out to the ocean. I didn't see the news. I'm hoping they find them safe and sound somewhere.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm down here in Florida, and it's all over the news. It is a very sad story.

No, there are generally no pirates in the area. I don't think they would make it over to the Bahamas, the currents are too strong there and head north. They were last seen about where the white highlighted current hits the shore on the east coast of fl. You could theoretically float to Greenland or London if you get in trouble in that part of the ocean.

I suspect they had engine problems, then took on a wave by the way their boat was found with the motor cover off.
A 19' boat that isn't inflatable is to small to safely operate out in the ocean imo.

Hopefully they find these kids. Hopefully they got their vests on. There is a large search area, due to the fast northernly currents on that shore.
edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hope they locate them soon. Pirates, eh... Conspiracy wise, maybe "Bermuda Triangle" related. Though, located higher than the FL coastal triangle point.

Regards

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Jupiter is pretty far south of Cape Canaveral. If they went out at the Inlet and capsized then they are probably dead.

14 year olds taking a boat towards the Bahamas does not seem like it will end on a happy note.

And no, there are no pirates.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Call me awful, but there seems to be something weird about this story. What has bothered me the most is the behavior of the families. Perhaps they just have grace under pressure, but from what I've seen they almost seem unconcerned about it all. And why on earth would you let two children (14 is a child, a minor) off on a boat like that anyway? They can't possibly be old enough to drive a car, yet they're old enough to drive a fairly large boat?

This is probably just a terrible tragedy, as the boat has been found and the boys are nowhere in the vicinity, but it's like there's something I can't quite place my finger on with this. The way it all happened, the mindset of the families, it's just weird. Sorry I can't add anything more specific. Does anyone else get a feeling like this about this story?

OrionDC

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

Well, they were old enough to drive it around the inlet, but I don't think they had permission to go out into the ocean alone. You can get your boater's safety license at that age, but it's another thing to go out on open water.

I'm surprised that no other debris or traces have been found, although it is a big expanse. Still, I was worried that someone could've grabbed them.

Those poor boys.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
a reply to: Wetpaint72

Well, as I read, they didn't "allow" them out of the inlet; they (the boys) chose to go out to the ocean. I didn't see the news. I'm hoping they find them safe and sound somewhere.

True. That's what the mother said. But I swear in the very beginning of the story she said she knew they were headed to the Bahamas. later, like the next day or so, she said they were only in the inlet.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes ...this!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So what happened really to these boys?? My thoughts it has a lot to do with the complete shady Ness of both families... So boys go out to fish.. The get $120 worth of gas and two drinks no bait... Stop there... No bait... And a supposed cooler full of drinks.. Why they buying a drink then.. Also they didn't have enough money but the nice gas guy said "pay me next time" so now we have avid fisherman leaving the inlet heading into a storm... Really?? C mon. So here we are 3 days into it coast Guard finds boat capsized 70 miles up shore... First news reports cg has boat anchored with a GPS monitoring device on it.. Now what do you know... Boat is gone when they go to retrieve it... Gone CG LOST THE BOAT... Although I have eye witnesses seeing a tow truck with an overturned boat on it leaving the Jupiter area highway that night... So fast forward to the search. No one goes south because mom claims to have motherly instinct and know they didn't go there... Bull!! Austin dad main focus is find that cooler... Wanna know why probably was filled with some drugs.. Boys went out to make a drop in the middle of the water ND either get kidnapped or killed in the meantime... Family involved in pharmaceutical drugs and steroids hgh .. Watch mom's on the news not one piece of emotion. I have tons of screenshotted evidence to verify tons of things... Might I ad.. Mom's boat was in the Bahamas.. July 30_aug2 last night they ported in Port Canaveral... Now they are heading towards Jacksonville... What were they doing in the Bahamas....

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Now since all this stuff has been going on and we are watching and questioning... They spotted life vest of savanna cmon who are they fooling??

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SOSUS

Now there is a petition being sent to white house to investigate the family...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SOSUS

I am thinking of starting a petition to remove internet access from idiots.

Scratch that... I would miss out on a lot of laughs if it was approved.

So...NVM..carry on.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Your right! I wouldn't want you to lose your Internet access. ☺

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I can only comment on this part, as I agree with the rest of your post.

And why on earth would you let two children (14 is a child, a minor) off on a boat like that anyway? They can't possibly be old enough to drive a car, yet they're old enough to drive a fairly large boat?

I grew up in Alaska on the coast in a fishing community and from a very young age children are taught about the water, swimming, boat safety, courses in boating, it is all taught at a young age. Most kids that grow up this way end up becoming fishermen by the age of 16. I'm not talking a fishing pole, I am talking boats with downriggers, gill nets, trolling...
It is not at all unusual.

Every once and a while something bad happens though, and hopefully the kids know what to do, but even if someone knows everything about what to do, the ocean can claim them very quickly, and it is always a tragedy, but it is also a way of life, and families understand this growing up in a fishing community.

It is the price that is paid for that life style.

top topics

join