It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deal Worth More than All U.S. Aid to Israel Since 1948

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Iran Deal Worth More than All U.S. Aid to Israel Since 1948

The Iran deal will provide Iran with a cash windfall as sanctions are eased and assets are unfrozen. The total amount is estimated to be as high as $150 billion. If so, the Iran deal would give more cash to Iran than the $124.3 billion U.S. has given in total aid to Israel since 1948.

The exact amount that Iran would gain through the unfreezing of its foreign assets is a matter of some dispute. The Israeli ambassador has put the number at $150 billion; the Obama administration puts the number at $50 billion, since some of Iran’s assets “have already been obligated, including for projects with China,” the New York Times reports. Others say the number is higher; Foreign Policy estimated the number at “north of $120 billion,” with an additional $20 billion per year in oil revenues, making the deal worth $420 billion over 15 years.

It looks like Israel is upset because we are letting Iran have money that belongs to them. Why shouldn't Iran have their money it is theirs! Let Israel get sanctions placed on them and when they are lifted let them say no we don't want our money back. Even the idiot at Breitbart suggests that Iran getting their own money back is a reason to give pause to the deal seeing how people are against Israels aid. To him I would say at least it's Iran's own money going to Iran the money going to Israel is American taxpayer money that is the big difference and that is why this money is no reason to give pause to the agreement.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I get why you all hate Israel, I really do. I'm not too happy with the way they've been crapping all over the Palestinians either.

What I don't get is why you support a country who's supreme leader has repeatedly called for our destruction. Could you explain that to me please?

Nice tactic by the way. I think I'll add it to my playbook and go surf Raw Story and Huffington Post now.

edit on 27-7-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Are our warmongering politicians that much different?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Are our warmongering politicians that much different?

As Crazyshot pointed out to me the other day, this is what's known as a red herring fallacy.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

How misleading can an articles title be. Someone must need that ad revenue bad.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I get why you all hate Israel, I really do. I'm not too happy with the way they've been crapping all over the Palestinians either.

What I don't get is why you support a country who's supreme leader has repeatedly called for our destruction. Could you explain that to me please?

Honestly, the way you asked the question presents the real problem. My support for Iran has nothing to do with Israel. You make it seem like the 2 have to be related, when they don't.

I have a lot of respect for Persian history, including Darius, Xerxes, the Sassanids, Zoroastrianism, Mossadeq, and the Islamic Revolution. Also, the current & former Ayatollah both have made supportive comments towards African American communities during our fight for equal rights. The current Ayatollah even released tweets supporting the protestors in Ferguson.

I'm also aware enough to know that attacking an entire country because you don't like its leadership is a foolish & extremist position; it's literally the same point of view terrorists have (attacking civilians, neighborhoods & businesses because they don't agree with that country's government). I would hate to see Iran's infrastructure, neighborhoods, and historical sites destroyed.

I also hate the modern War on Terror because I hate seeing so many innocent people killed over a BS foreign policy. A policy that ignores the real threat (Wahabi extremists & their supporters) and instead has intentionally worked to weaken Islamic majority countries as a whole. I'm glad to see that Iran is avoiding the same fate that Libya, Iraq, and Syria have recently faced. I want to see a strong Iran, even if they simply serve as a counterweight to the Wahabi influences of Saudi Arabia & Qatar.

EDIT: And I happen to know a few Persian immigrants. They're good people. And from what I've seen, most people in Iran are good people too. Why should I wish harm on them because I disagree with some of their government's policies? I disagree with a lot of my own government's policies. But that doesn't mean I should wish harm on my own country or its citizens, does it?
edit on 27-7-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added stuff. don't judge me

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

He has called for the destruction of our government. There are many members here that would agree with him because our government is out of control. Also how about our political leaders.

edit on 1260000005531America/ChicagoMon, 27 Jul 2015 21:01:55 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So my comparison is misleading? How so? Our govt is at war and will continue to be at war in the Middle East. We are currently in the business that the Supreme leader wishes he was in, and that's the business of removing regimes. Only difference is the west has the money, the military, and the political power to do so. Iran has none of the above.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was about the same that they were giving to Russia for a while. I had hoped that once that Russia deal was over that there wasn't going to be another deal. I was wrong, Iran deal arrived and the USA had been pimped out again, same amount different country.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Call it what you like.
But that money has always belonged to Iran.
We have been blackmailing them for the last 35 years.
Enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why why why is the U.S giving any aid to any country that does not like us?

More than that, give aid to Iran who's "supreme leader" tweets a graphic
of a gun to the head of Obama?

Iranian leader tweets graphic of Obama with gun to head
www.usatoday.com...

www.jpost.com...
edit on 27-7-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

We aren't giving them aid. We're lifting a freeze on their own money. We give aid to countries we aren't popular with all the time. Call it a bribe to keep the faith.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I just wonder how frozen Iranian assets can be obligated to China? How does that work? Sounds like theft to me.

I guess all those billions just sitting there is too much to bear for the world's controlling sociopaths.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We have given them aid.
Please check the links I provided.

Also check this
en.wikipedia.org...

Also, @ Buster, using the excuse that many members here would approve of
the destruction of the U.S. ... that is nothing but confirmation bias.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That JP link wasn't there when I replied to your post originally but that doesn't matter because that link talks about aid given to Iranians after a devastating quake. Like, omg, what the hell was the White House thinking giving food and medical supplies to people in need? I dunno, I would say Humanitarian Assistance differs from foreign aid given to countries elsewhere in the Middle East.

And as far as that Wikipedia page, it's a shame it doesn't give any reference or sources about the so called aid from 2013 and 2014. I'd like more information about that aid but that page doesn't provide any. Somehow I wonder if that money was their own money given back to them from sanctions lifted by the US, instead of the US actually giving Iran money.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I happen to agree with Rand Paul.
No aid to any country that calls for our destruction.

Zip. Zero. Nada. Nine.

There is a long list here of aid given to Iran over the years.
en.wikipedia.org...

Wiki is supposed to have supporting links to all sources at the end of the page.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Hey Buster2010 do you think that if Iran got nukes would they use them against Israel in a first strike situation?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Well, I agree with his father and call for an end to foreign aid completely, except for humanitarian assistance.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh I doubt it, no matter how much bark the supreme leader barks. Nuking Israel would most likely have a fallout effect on their ally, and Israel's neighbor, Syria, and perhaps even Iran itself. Fallout aside, it would guarantee Iran's own destruction because Israel would counter with their own nuke strike. In the end, no one would win.

But that doesn't matter because Iran doesn't have a nuke and isn't working on a nuke. Mossad confirmed.

Nuclear weapons are nothing more than political bargaining chips.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My kinder side would help the people personally...I understand that.
But giving aid to the heads of Government, who knows what they use
it for? They have zero intention of following any agreement.

To them, it is all a war game.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join