It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker and Wisconsin GOP Being Sued For Rigging Elections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

My integrity is quite in tact.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Just shows us what politicians really think of the voters and the political system.

Especially the ones doing the suing.

The case will be lost.

It's just window dressing for the gullible and gleefully hopeful.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Just shows us what politicians really think of the voters and the political system.

Especially the ones doing the suing.

The case will be lost.

It's just window dressing for the gullible and gleefully hopeful.

Whomever they turn out to be BUT I agree. I'm sure we'll hear about it within hours of it happening. I'm wondering who will let us know?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

My integrity is quite in tact.

You have already condemned the Wisconsin GOP and they haven't gone to trial.

that's real impartiality you're showing, isn't it!

Nah, you don't have an agenda. You aren't biased.

pffft

Don't even start with me!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
For those asking why now.

The districts were re-drawn in 2011 and it is claimed it skewed the 2012 elections. Since then the supreme court has taken a stand on Gerrymandering so the lawsuit is for the purpose of undoing the gerrymandered districts so future elections will not be skewed.

Redistricting should be done by non-partisan groups like some other states. Otherwise, good ole boy clubs will always re-draw the lines to ensure their buddies stay or seize power.

That should be put into place for both parties. I am in Florida where the word Gerrymandering doesn't even do justice to the clustermuck of redistricting lines which have been drawn.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Integrity not impartiality. I don't claim to be impartial. I also don't support lies even if they sound pretty to me. I don't support officials on my side breaking the law in order for something I agree with to be achieved.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah let's pretend that his recall campaign wasn't all kinds of shady too.

Funny how this is all just coming about right now?

Seems a bit "Politically Expedient" does it not?

Band-wagoners all the sudden jumping in on this without questioning the timing of the "allegations"

Deny ignorance eh?

It's not coming to light just now. It came to light in the past but I think that it's starting to just now heat up. What's funny is the Dems did almost the same thing in 1983. Also, with a president who does so many things in secret, it's a wonder every politician isn't following suit.

Governor privately signs redistricting bill during election day

By Jason Stein of the Journal Sentinel Aug. 9, 2011

Madison - As elections took place Tuesday in six state Senate districts, Gov. Scott Walker privately signed legislation to redraw their boundaries along with the remaining legislative districts.

Walker waited until nearly the last possible moment to announce he had signed the legislation, which will give Republicans an advantage in the upcoming 2012 elections for both the Legislature and Congress.

"The maps passed by the Legislature meet the objective criteria laid out by the courts, including communities of interest, fair minority representation and compact, contiguous districts," Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said in a brief statement announcing the bill signings.

The Republican governor had until the end of the business day Tuesday to sign or veto the redistricting legislation.

If Walker had simply taken no action Tuesday, the measure would have become law automatically. That's because governors have six days, except Sundays, to act on a bill by signing it or vetoing it, according to the state constitution.

With the maps now approved, the fight over redistricting moves to the courts, where a federal lawsuit already has been filed.

*snip*

Often done by courts

In recent decades, most redistricting has been done by the courts because control of state government has been split between the two parties.

Courts drew Wisconsin's legislative maps in the 1960s, 1990s and early 2000s, according to a 2007 report to the state Supreme Court. In 1971, the Legislature approved a map only after facing a deadline imposed by the state Supreme Court. In 1982, federal judges drew the maps, but Democrats tweaked them in 1983 after gaining control of both houses of the Legislature and the governor's office.

Fifteen citizens, including two Democratic former legislators, filed a federal lawsuit over redistricting last month, even before Republicans made their maps public. Opponents see that suit as their best chance to alter the Republican maps, though other legal actions could still be filed.

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Integrity not impartiality. I don't claim to be impartial. I also don't support lies even if they sound pretty to me. I don't support officials on my side breaking the law in order for something I agree with to be achieved.

So do you want to wait before or after the trial to hang him?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

For politicians.

I vote we do both.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I don't support the death penalty. They did redraw the districts in their favor... that's not in dispute, nor something only the GOP does. There's still rules to it though and Walkers administration was already ruled against for 2 of them... I don't think I'm being too ludicrous with my assumption.
edit on 7/27/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Republicans rig every election, when will people wake up? Scott Walker is a piece of @#$%.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Can anybody find the actual lawsuit anywhere?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think the "new" districts were redrawn according to the 2010 census (perhaps by law according to population).

I bet the real "gerrymandering" was present before 2010.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
here's an informative article about .....

Redistricting in Wisconsin

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Let's not even pretend that this is something new to politics.

I think we both know that Walker pushed things to far...

...so does everyone else!

Even Trump slapped him and his failed policies down!

He didn't go far enough and Trump's opposition only serves to strengthen my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This shouldn't need to be said, but....
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
Going after members derails the topic and spoils the discussion for others.....You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Scott Walker we do or say anything for the elites of this country.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

two parties for the corps

no party for the people!

If only the masses would wake up to this, we might actually stop hitting our heads into the wall.

The crazy thing is: political party cheerleaders appear to think that the only place where money doesn't triumph and ideals rule is in politics?

edit on 44731America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 09:44:59 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This is just the unions vainly trying to find something , anything to get back at Walker with.They are the most corrupt organizations in this country. Trust me , been there done that.

Say what? You cannot be serious. There are no more unions in Wisconsin. Walker got rid of them!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join