It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gun Senator Makes a Fool of Himself

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: Kapusta
Fact is, American like to shoot #...including each other. Until they sort that out, they can stop pissing and moaning about mass shootings, gun crimes and all the jollies that accompany that mindset.

Wow, usually see such intelligent posts from you. it's a shame this one isn't.

I got guns and like to shoot #, but somehow, I have refrained from shooting a person. lets take a poll, how many other out there have been able to own a gun, shoot #, and not shoot a person......anyone? Beauler?

only a true dumbass would claim we all shoot each other. Don't be that guy.

Hey...I'm not saying that at all. I simply look at the numbers of serious shootem-ups that you guys suffer (outside of a war zone) and point out that it is inordinate. It was a reaction to the latest atrocity...something that us foreigners find difficult to comprehend. An observation from not-so-far away, is all, but I apologise that it caused offence.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yeah i get what your saying.

I just think it wasn't intentional disinformation, more stupidity on his part.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is an old video. I believe this happened over a year ago, possibly two years back.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
S&F for GP; nothing here to add that would showcase the anti-firarm public official more accurately.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You just cant make this stuff up

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can imagine how well it would go if I went out to buy a car this weekend talking like that ...

"This is a Volkswagon Fusion. It is a mid-sized sedan that is pretty popular in the small crossover market. I need to know if this package has 6 cyl V4 anti-lock brakes or a CVT ..."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I think the post title is redundant .

Idiot talking about something he knows nothing about to his base. Another group of know nothing people.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LunaticPandora
Most anti gun people have very little experience with firearms at all. Most of them are reactionary and have an unhealthy penchant for personifying inanimate objects.

People like this d-bag, provided as evidence:

Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, Michael Bloomberg, and Barack Obama. None of these people have ever seen a gun control law they didn't like. All of them think their view is what is best for thee, but not for them.

care to provide any proof of what you said above?....

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
but... but..... your ghost gun meme is in .223.....

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
A ghost gun is an untraceable firearm.
It has no serial numbers or history of sale and it's ballistics aren't in any law enforcement database.

Regarding the OP, perfect display of ignorance and stupidity from the gun grabbing, fear mongering politicians.

It's also another fine example of using language to control perception.

"Ghost guns" sound horribly, evil, and scary. Yet, in most (not sure if in all) states in the US, it is perfectly legal to make your own firearm as long as (i) it's not otherwise regulated ie machine guns, and (ii) you're not making it with the intention of selling it. No serial numbers, no history of sale, no "ballistics in LE databases". It's actually a thriving hobby and "80% lowers" for various firearms were (and probably still are) quite big business at one point.

However, all those hobbyists are now going to be labelled "Ghost gun manufacturers" who must be regulated, controlled, investigated, prosecuted! Can't have little people doing things without government oversight!
edit on 28-7-2015 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Don't need to. Their actions on gun control are well documented. Their attitudes and public statements regarding American gun ownership are a matter of public record.

Google is your friend.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"I don't know anything about this and I have no clue how it works outside of what I've seen in movies but I know it's scary looking so it should be banned."

That's the extent of every politician's argument against guns. No logic to be found.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: LunaticPandora
Most anti gun people have very little experience with firearms at all. Most of them are reactionary and have an unhealthy penchant for personifying inanimate objects.

People like this d-bag, provided as evidence:

Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, Michael Bloomberg, and Barack Obama. None of these people have ever seen a gun control law they didn't like. All of them think their view is what is best for thee, but not for them.

care to provide any proof of what you said above?....

How, exactly, would a person prove that statement?

Some people just use "where's your proof?" to discredit the obviously common sense factual nature of an opponent's argument.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is an old video. I believe this happened over a year ago, possibly two years back.

and you would be correct....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Here's my view on gun control... If someone wants to or has a reason to kill someone, they'll grab a gun and make it quick. Take the guns, they'll use a knife. Take the knives, they'll use a hammer. Take the hammer, they'll use piano wire. Take the piano, they'll use their hands. End result, if someone wants to kill someone, they will kill someone.

Taking guns away isn't going to solve anything.

Simple logic easily broken; Would you rather have a 15 year old mentally disturbed boy come after you with a gun or with piano wire as you say? The motive to kill is the same, but the delivery system is what changes things.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Thankfully for gun lovers progressive logic is downright stupid. The saddest part about this is many progressive idealists out in rainbow land bought into this crap. It goes to show how progressives truly float in the wind. My old man used to call them paper rear ends.... I prefer the term idealists.

Imagine the people who voted for this man.....Pie in the sky and unicorns riding rainbows into the promise land.
edit on 29-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Anti gun people, are either affected by mental disorders, or are precisely those people from the government who plan on abusing their own people, and therefore fear them if they are armed.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Anti gun people, are either affected by mental disorders, or are precisely those people from the government who plan on abusing their own people, and therefore fear them if they are armed.

No, the vast majority are just people with a different opinion, or are scrabbling for what they see as an easy way to solve a problem that is actually far more complex. I might think they're wrong, or perhaps misguided, but I'll accept that they're generally well-intentioned.

There's a handful of them (usually the most vocal, you'll find) that meet the profile you suggest, but it's really not the majority.

The same applies in the pro-gun crowd as well.

And then there's the great big swathe of people in the middle who really don't see owning or banning guns as being relevant to solving the real issues.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Geeze... if I were to hate something enough to make it part of my platform, I'd at least educate myself on it first.

"Let's ban cheesecake. All that meat in it is terrible for you! Did you know that when you microwave cheesecake, all the veggies are melted out of it?!"

you mean like congressional republicans have done on women's and worker's issues????

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
You just cant make this stuff up

gees...yeah!!!.....instead of 30 rds. a half second, it's really 30 rds. in 2 seconds!!!!....my god!! what stupidity!!....how far off is this jackass!!!....he knows nothing about guns!!!....impeach him!!!....and....AND!!!...he has a Mexican accent!!!!
AAAUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join