It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montgomery, Ala most sexually diseased US city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you live in any of these cities you might want to double strap yourself, other wise you could be next to get zapped. Although I hate to admit it, but I was zapped once when I first turned 18 and it was no fun at all. I've learned my lesson since then of course. Anyway, check out these stats of the most STD's cities in the U.S.

Source

Montgomery, Ala., has more cases of syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia than large U.S. cities like Baltimore, Philadelphia and New Orleans, according to a report released today from a renter’s website.

Here are the top 10 most sexually diseased U.S. cities, according to RentApplication.com:
(City, total STDs per 100,000)

1. Montgomery: 1,899.20
2. St. Louis, Missouri: 1,867.54
3. West Memphis, Arkansas: 1,717.29
4. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 1,689.77
5. Norfolk, Virginia (Norfolk Naval Base): 1,632.74
6. Baltimore, Maryland: 1,630.98
7. Richmond, Virginia: 1,544.39
8. New Orleans, Louisiana: 1,520.37
9. Killeen, Texas (Fort Hood): 1,512.83
10. Fayetteville, North Carolina (Fort Bragg): 1,489.20

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Most of them are by military bases!!!

I don't think that is a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I guess Philadelphia takes its motto seriously, maybe too seriously.

edit on 27-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Don't blame it on military bases. And most aren't anyway. What Presidential candidate said, "Its the economy stupid"? STD's are complicated. And there are a lot of different kinds, some most people have not heard of.

Prostitution obviously is a major factor but active Public Health services can make a huge difference in educating people. Unfortunately as these cities economies slip into poverty people do not pay as much attention to public services and public services get spread pretty thin as well.

I spent many many years in the military and we took STD's seriously. It was a operational readiness issue and we took major steps to educate our enlisted (and officers) on the seriousness of these diseases. Not just for their own welfare but also for the welfare of their fighting unit. There is not much bench strength on a Navy ship or a Marine Amphibious Readiness Group. One guy goes down, you become weaker as a unit. One guy goes down for something as stupid as STD you have a disciplinary problem as well. Off the subject a bit but I know of an enlisted guy on a submarine who got court martialed for skipping his dentist appointments.

But looking at this list, poverty is the first thing that comes to mind. The ability of Public Health to get to its vulnerable population is not as great as in more affluent cities.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There is a regional consistency to that top ten list (with the exception of PA).

Perhaps there are social issues and how public-health and science education are distributed in that region that can be held in common.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

I am a veteran and I know very well how soldiers act.

I am not blaming the bases, but I know that horny soldiers running around does have an impact.

In fact, I had been stationed at five of those places listed above in the past.

You can talk about how they are educated all you want, but the truth of the matter is just about every soldier knows where the red light district is or its equivalent.

edit on 27-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would have figured las Vegas would have been number one. it's not even on the list.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I would have figured las Vegas would have been number one. it's not even on the list.

Same here, I'm surprised it's not there. I was also surprised that Seattle wasn't on the list, but I guess those guys are to geeky to be wasting time with sex.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Maybe Planned Parenthood shut down in those places.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Judging from what I learned in Sex-Ed and from public service announcements I would have thought these numbers would be way higher. Like, WAY higher. If I'd have known that even in the most diseased area, I would only have a 1.8% chance of catching anything, I would ...likely have herpes by now. But seriously, that seems so low in comparison to how big the campaign against STD's is.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

A good argument, but insufficient to win. Just look at the odds, cities versus military bases.
It used to be worse. When Chanute Air Force Base at Rantoul, Illinois, was active in the mid-1950s, they used to send busloads of airmen to Danville, Illinois, because it had a renown "red light" district. It don't think Danville ever did recover when they shut the base down.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

In fact, I had been stationed at five of those places listed above in the past.

Mystery solved!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I certainly wasn't an angel, but condoms were a must.

There were always a few in the platoon that wound up getting bit.

I wouldn't even use the porta johns during field maneuvers because there were a few times the guys caught crabs from them.

No thanks, E-tool cat hole and TP and never had a problem, except ticks once in a while.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

There's no red light type place in Montgomery. And trust me, the two air bases there are NOT in areas where there are high class clubs nearby. A certain demo of that population is well represented there and quite often there is a LOT of free love among them.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusDontHaveABeard

It has been a long time since I went through AIT at Redstone Arsenal, but just googling it doesn't look like much has changed.

It doesn't look free either. Strip Clubs and other

I never got a pass off base, but I heard stories from those who did.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I am betting that people that misbehave in Las Vegas have the sense to wrap that rascal. Visitors there may be morally bankrupt, but at least they have been taught the basics regarding sexual health and reproduction.

top topics

join