It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Cops Hunt 70 Juveniles In Late Night "Mob And Rob"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Somebody put up footage of a mob attack on a CircleK store in Ohio.

Looks like a flash rampage.

Some damage.

Apparently the police can't locate any of the perpetrators.

People are angry.

Ohio Cops Hunt 70 Juveniles In Late Night "Mob And Rob"

Ohio cops are investigating the ransacking of a Circle K store that was overrun early Saturday morning by up to 70 juveniles.

According to Akron police, the suspects “entered the gas station and started to destroy and steal property” during the so-called mob and rob attack.

As seen above, a couple who stopped at the Circle K for gas shot video of the juveniles fleeing the store with stolen merchandise. A woman in the car called 911 and reported that the suspects were “running around in the parking lot like wild children.”

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why do they always film in portrait mode...drives me up a F'ing wall.

Anyway...I guess this is business as usual for our country...smh. Sad when even with video the cops can't at least track down a couple of these kids to interrogate. I mean that's literally all they need is to get a couple of em' those will roll over on the rest when shown heavy enough charges and the rest will fall like dominoes. Ah well I guess CCW is more necessary than ever here in the good ol' US of A.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Social conditioning at it's best.

Yeah you stick it to the man!

I used to think like this as a youngster until I became more intelligent and realized that you can't beat the system that way by destroying property and the lives of your fellow human beings.

We need to collectively make a change but you know social conditioning and all..

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And when these "kids" start getting their rear ends beaten or shot, the media will portray them as "good kids" out for fun.

What happened to parenting?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

At least none of them saw whoever was filming it. I think things could have gotten really ugly then.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

No they saw them...however they probably also were too worried about the Youtube fame that arises from such things. You know that's all kids care about these days...Youtube, Facebook, and any other domineering social media type outlets.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If the police can catch some of the participants, it wouldn't be surprising if they were some of the discussed subjects of this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Destroying property and destructive behavior doesn't make a statement, just labels you a criminal.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You would think they should be able to track a couple of those girls that passed really close to the car towards the end. They basically looked right at the camera even if it was a fleeting moment. Seems long enough for a freeze frame anyway

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yep! My wife and I don't go out to eat often, but when we do, we observe all the other people. We've seen young couples sit down and their eyes never leave their phones, until the food arrives. Never speaking a word to each other.

We aren't older, I'm only 38 and not some prude, but damn, kids today are some self absorbed MF'ers!

On topic, I've had punk kids steal from my shop "for the fun of it". I never press charges, but DO talk to the parents, as to get an idea of who they are. You know, for future beatings.

One moron tried kicking in my shop door while I was sleeping in the upstairs loft. 110 pound barking dog did little to deter the guy. When I came down and opened the door with a pistol in his face, he freaked out and wanted to know WTF my problem was, all he wanted to do was come inside to warm up a bit. When I asked what he planned on doing to the dog that was about to tear him apart, he stared at me with a blank stare!

I'm very tired of hearing about how "good" these punks are that do these things. Makes me even more upset when I get told that I'M the prick when I say I'll put a bullet in your head, when all I'm doing is defending my property. I have to eat too, and some punk thinking they can steal from me gets me bent out of shape. I wont steal from you, give me the same respect!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Ya know we used to do crappy stuff like that as kids however it was less about damaging things or stealing valuables. We wanted cigarettes, beer, or just to be chased. We never broke into houses and crap and should I had been caught I was certainly smart enough to know it was my own damn fault. Our favorite game used to be to trade mailboxes within our neighborhood...annoying yes...damaging or dangerous not so much. I would have been shocked to come to school and hear about kids doing sh*t like they do today. You know beating people for no reason, stealing en mass, destruction of property...it's insane that more kids that age aren't showing up on the news dead or wounded in these encounters.

I don't expect kids to all be little angels but there is a big difference in a little mischief and flat out criminal behavior!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm sure they used instagram or something to collaborate their timing at the store. That might be a good starting place. This kind of thing sickens me because it only further emboldens these kids. It isn't just property that isn't respected but the well-being of people too. To me it looks like criminal behaviors have been accepted as some kind of cultural "norm". I have heard blame for this everywhere except on themselves.

Grocery stores already will not open new stores in certain areas because they know shoplifting will eat up any profits. It won't be long before convenience stores go the same way.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What is interesting to me is that this goes beyond one twisted mind or one plan that got out of control. This just took a couple of text messages and everyone was in. It was right there below the surface waiting to be tapped for anything at all- even just to steal a little beer and soda.

When it is that easy to reach that many people who are that willing to riot for that poor of a motive, there is something wrong with your society and you are on the brink of revolution.

What happens when these kids figure out that they can do the same thing to a bank that took bailout money, or to the home of a cop who killed an innocent person?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

And when these "kids" start getting their rear ends beaten or shot, the media will portray them as "good kids" out for fun.

What happened to parenting?

Completely agree. IF parents want to keep their children alive and well, they need to step up and start letting them know this isn't acceptable behavior. With video evidence to back up a shooting, I can see these kids becoming air conditioned at an alarming rate, and it becoming an acceptable way to deal with this kind of thing.

The entitlement crowd needs to understand that they aren't actually entitled to anything everyone else is. Work hard, treat others with respect, accept responsibility and accountability. Like we all have to do.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Now that is frightening. Just think. Kids alone could literally usurp the US Government with an action like this big enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Realistically it stops a bit short of a national revolution, but they won't always be kids, and they won't always be content with what you can get at a convenience store.

I see people who feel so low that they identified Circle K as something above them to rebel against.

I see people so isolated that a trip to the convenience store is the basis of their wild night out.

I see people so bored that they'd risk jail just to run a few hundred yards with a group of friends and really care about the outcome.

There's not a lot of life in America- there's work and there's spending and watching, and really for most of us it's mostly working and watching. Its a rare and special group of people who still get together and act on common interests for fun.

Where are their parents? Probably working in 2 or 3 different convenience stores. That might explain a lot.
edit on Mon 27 Jul 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The truth is that crime rates have been either steady or decreasing in the last decade, not to mention that many news stories in the last 5 years are not as "real" as people think. The circle-K mobbing may or may not be "real", but I tell what is real - Gangstalking and some of it is sponsored by organizations with access to very advanced technology and immense resources:

Gangstalking

These groups include militias, religious zealots, and regular people concerned about crime. Supposedly Ed Snowden and Jesse Ventura were targeted.

From my own experience, most young people, of nearly all races take part in gangstalking. So, this circle-K mobbing may have been planned out to make it seem as IF young people are not under any control, when in reality each kid may have been simply playing a part.

There have been protests, demonstrations, even political groups composed of people that, most likely, were not part of any secret organization, these are usually quickly quelled. We're not talking about riots, looting, or mobbing, or even groups that advocate these activities, these were groups and demonstrations by people who are within their rights.

They are usually replaced by groups that have the appearance of a political movement while actually under the guidance of secret organizations. I believe that something similar has happened with some regular crime, especially in the last couple of years. Crime stories are used to distract people from what the government may be doing and to engender support for law enforcement.

What really worries the "power elite" isn't crime, even organized crime, it is organized action, with the potential to spread to a significant number of people, espousing a philosophy with tenets that run counter to their own. This is part of the reason why sometimes it seems as if the Western World experiences malaise, the realization that we are not in control of our own destinies.

edit on 27-7-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Whatever happened to rock salt? Just saying when we were young and dumb we would go and raid a water melon patch. If farmer Fred caught you he would fill your butt with some rock salt loaded in his ol shot gun. You didn't do it again.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Kids have always done crap like this. I'm not excusing them but this isn't anywhere on my outrage meter.

When (in order of power):

Wall Street financiers
Corrupt politicians
Corrupt Judges
Corrupt Prosecutors
Killer cops
Cops that violate rights

...get prosecuted and convicted of their crimes, that's when I'll get outraged over some teenagers being stupid and stealing some candy. I do hope they get caught, but when I think of things happening in the world that actually tear the fabric of society apart... no, not even close.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Whatever happened to rock salt? Just saying when we were young and dumb we would go and raid a water melon patch. If farmer Fred caught you he would fill your butt with some rock salt loaded in his ol shot gun. You didn't do it again.

Same here, but I wonder, what would happen to us today if that was tried?
Attempted murder? This isn't the same place it was.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Total government failure on all points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join