It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minister/Former Marine Corp Vet sees erratic lights being chased by jets in New Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Once again, New Mexico is a hotbed of ufo reports and sightings. In this instance 30-40 erratic lights being chased by jets took place in Alto New Mexico on June 10th. The witness is currently a minister but also a Marine Corp Veteran. What he saw he says in his own words convinced him that " we are not alone" and he is concerned. In addition the person that runs this ufo sight contacted the FAA who redacted radar data in this area. You can read the report here.
And there is additonal witness info and another report here.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
here is also a report for radar request from FAA. I will include this here.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Interesting story to say the least, and from a trained observer no less.

There has never been any doubt for me as to wether ET exists or not, but I do want to know why do we chase them and they almost never seem to attack back (that we know of)

It's like were just children to them trying so hard to keep up.

Or maybe we already have deals etc made like some claim, and the ones we chase away are the ones we are told to by our "masters"

Of course it's always just speculation because who knows for sure

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
there has been at least one famous ufo sighting I believe it was the Tehran Iran sighting and chase by a Pilot, who said the ufo did try to attack him several times. I am sure there have been others though. I think this was the 1976 sighting.
edit on 27pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

They never killed him though, although an advanced race should be able to just disintegrate his jet right ?

At least that's what we are lead to believe.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the post OP, I am always interested in sightings.
From what I can recall the Iran sighting was indeed a pilot, but I think that what happened was that every time he got close he lost radar and weapons as well as his comms. I think he eventually had to return home because of a lack of fuel.
That is from memory though, and I am not sure my memory is the best lol.
I shall read the information you provided!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
your version is entirely possible. I just seemed to think the Pilot felt threatened by the ufo and its actions. Maybe someone more enlightened than I am can recall the specifics.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen
Quite simply, the jets pose no threat to them. I don't recall these jets firing on them either since they already know their weapons are ineffective. If you have a space craft able to dodge meteors and micro-meteors traveling at speeds up to 30,000mph, a missile or bullet would be no problem to dodge. It is more like they are trying to gain intel on their activities and the craft are just going about their business unworried about the big primitive technology trying to keep up with them.

The one in Terhan tried to arm missiles and his systems went dead until he turned away. It is a very interesting encounter to read through. Iran would have fired on it if they could have. I am sure we have or are developing a weapon capable of doing some damage along the lines of particle beams, but what happens when you really piss them off? Starting a war with some civilization we have no idea of their numbers or capabilities would not be a wise thing to do. Watching them and gathering intel should not cause a problem since they are in our (presumed) airspace.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

thank you for your reply and input on the Tehran incident. I hear you loud and clear about alien potentials. Its kind of like what we are hearing in the news of late regarding our search for et's. Do we really want to try to gain someones attention who we have no idea how far along in the way of advancement they may be, or should be quietly monitor and seek???

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes, like Prof. Stephen Hawking said, "It will be a bad day for human kind to meet an advanced alien race". I used to pay a game that dealt with space and conquering planets. Some were opulent in resources, some not so much. But, as your technology advanced and you expanded out into the universe, you needed much more resources to keep your battle fleets going and people on the myriad of planets fed or they may revolt. After a few months it hit me that it would probably be the same way any large space faring civilization would have to be. You would need resources, and have to conquer more and more planets to keep your civilization strong or you might perish. If a sufficient expeditionary force of a civilization encountered Earth, there wouln't be much we could do about it. Of course, if they let you live and carry on as you were and only required certain regional territory and resources from planets and asteroid belts we would not be bothered by them as they are not focused on a single planet but entire regions of space or galaxies. Humans like to think we are all important and are to be dealt with, but that simply is not the case imho.

Now if we ran into a slave trading race of beings that use slaves to mine all kinds of planets, then we would have a problem. They would be quite capable of subduing a race of peoples and controlling them to meet their ends. If you believe the stories surrounding the meeting with Truman and the aliens at Holloman AFB we had another card in the deck that most people wouldn't consider. Supposedly, the aliens were going to give colonization procedures. We said we wouldn't allow that and would use nuclear weapons. The question that pops in most peoples minds is whether we would be able to hit their ships, or they could take our missiles out. That wasn't what we meant though. We would detonate all our weapons all over the world, killing the biosphere and making the Earth a radioactive wasteland. The thought of doing that didn't even cross the minds of the aliens. To them it was unthinkable for a being to do that to themselves. But, to a free being, death is better than enslavement and experimentation. It has worked well so far. It makes you wonder if it is true with the interest in our nuclear weapons and bases their ships have been studying and testing.

I tend to agree with Prof. Hawking. A lot would depend on the nature of the civilization we encountered, their history, and our actions. We may bump into a species and not realize they are allied like NATO with huge numbers of other species and their battle forces. We just do not have the in depth knowledge to make proper decisions on the matter. But, we can follow them around as best we can and try to gather intel like we do on any other potential enemy. Of course, I happen to believe they are all over the place and being advanced would much rather live in bases in mountains under the ocean rather than on the dangerous surface conditions. Our atmosphere is fairly mild compared to other planets. Not to mention, you can stay at depths to keep those pesky surface dwellers away. Over 50% of sightings are of USO's coming into or out of water. Anyway, that is just my humble opinion.

edit on 27/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'd love for there to be some proof of other worldly visits, but this happening so close to "that place that doesn't exist" makes this seem much more terrestrial in theory than most other sightings.

If we were this vulnerable to invasion, I would have serious security concerns.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There's actually a lot that happens in New Mexico too. Holloman AFB used to house the F-117s. Either last year or late the year before an aircraft that shall remain nameless crashed in the area, prompting a 30 restricted airspace to be generated while they recovered pieces of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I remember my parents telling me about a UFO they saw in north western Ohio back in the mid 70's. They described the B2 to a T. But at the time, it was a true UFO in every sense. And what I saw, certainly defied what I understand our current capabilities, but the fact that there were two of them in formation, leads me to believe that I saw something that will be explained in a few years. Super cool, and explains most credible sights I have seen. (which sadly kind of negates all the ET thought) But who knows.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'd love for there to be some proof of other worldly visits, but this happening so close to "that place that doesn't exist" makes this seem much more terrestrial in theory than most other sightings.

autonomous drone swarm.

Think Skynet, not Close Encounters.

Visual processing algorithms & machine learning are getting quite good now, especially thanks to all the new deep learning R&D. Suppose you trained a few nets on faces of 'high value targets', uploaded them to the software, and had visual search algorithms that can normalize against backgrounds, angle, headdress, etc. And you have drone swarms with good cameras inspecting and classifying everywhere they see. Bzz Bzz bzz over Raqaa.

And just like that, somebody becomes Scheduled for Termination.

When they're deployed for real, they won't have their lights on.

They'll still ask a human,

Are you sure you want to delete HVT 12.123-8A? (OK) (Cancel)

For the first year or two.

edit on 27-7-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

While you seem to bring up some good points, I feel it's necessary to point out that the slaver scenario would be highly unlikely as it's both uneconomical and impractical. Not to mention just downright stupid. The reason why is that any space-faring civilization would most certainly already have access to robotics an nanotech, both of which would be far more efficient and cheaper than a population of slaves that need to be housed, fed, and trained. Not to mention it would be unwise to rely on a work force that can turn against you and rebel, cutting off your needed resources.

Slavery is an antiquated, inefficient social construct that all civilizations worth their salt quickly outgrow.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I read somewhere that when military exercises of other countries get full of people that UFOs appear. Considering now the exercises in the southern and western states, nicknamed Jade Helm, perhaps that evoked that sighting, but if it were so, then why the military jet scramble?

That 30 to 40 erratic flying lights would be in the area. What color? How big, how little? It could be anything with that vague description.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenSyrup
The ones that myself and another friend saw 7/24/15 at 20:45 (returning home from Viet Taste Restaurant) over the Rio Grand above Bernalillo (just North of Albuquerque) were orange with flashes of red. They were what appeared to be in a J pattern. The highest was about 4500 feet AGL, with the lowest one at about 1500 feet AGL. They were traveling SSE. When they got to the Northern edge of Sandia Mtn, six of them went around the West side, and five around the East side, one followed the Northern edge and appeared to be only a hundred or so feet off the edge of the mountain. When it got to the top we lost sight of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I recall several instances during the Vietnam War where UFOs did attack US vessels, www.huffingtonpost.com... and from that point forth the military were advised not to attack them because their technology was too advanced. One of the ships opened fire on a UFO and it seemed as though the UFO was firing back, but in reality it was their own gunfire rebounding back at them. There were a few occasions of this happening in the same area during that time.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

thank you for that. I had not heard of this encounter before. I am sure there are still incidents like this out there.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Yes, like Prof. Stephen Hawking said, "It will be a bad day for human kind to meet an advanced alien race".

I've always felt he was anthropomorphizing. Why on earth (pardon the pun) would an interstellar spacefaring race need to colonize us? I would think most of the alien races wouldn't get that far if they remained aggressive. I suppose there could be an insect like race that lacks empathy or some such detached/aggressive race but there are planets all over the galaxy with water and resources. If they needed oil perhaps, but what the heck would they need oil for? Cars? Producing plastic commodities? If they needed gold they could probably find planets with 200 times more gold. Maybe even a planet made out of gold. Again, water is abundant. Perhaps moons with entire oceans in our own solar system alone.

Anyhow, if mankind doesn't stop the aggressive nonsense we wont make it to interstellar space. Our planet and or civilization will perish before we advance that far. Who knows, I'd like to think if some advanced alien race existed they'd be a tad beyond the whole colonizer/war thing. If humanity did somehow manage to make it to interstellar space without first cleaning up our act here on earth then maybe other alien races would see us as a threat and blast us back into the stone age. Who knows, it's all speculation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join