It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best news I've had all day.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Thanks.
It's always fun teaching them stuff. It never gets old.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

" also plan on giving annoying toys for gifts just to spread the fun" Reminds me of this:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have two nephews, two daughters, and five grandkids. This kind of stuff doesn't excite me at all anymore.

Wait till you get asked to babysit and have to change diapers

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

That's funny. I like Dennis Leary. It sounds like he's been there before.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Now that's something I'm not looking forward to. I have a strong stomach but poo makes me ill.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just a note for the first time you babysit.

Something I always did was to teach them the "magic word."

My cousins have kids. At times I babysat when I was single.

I taught them the "magic word" which it a timebomb prank to play on your brother.

After you babysit, go home, the parents rest and relax and go to sleep.

The next morning, when the child is asking for more milk/juice/cereal the parent will invaritably ask, "What's the magic word?"

When the child says, "NOW!"

That's when the fun starts.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's a good one! I'll remember it and blame it on you lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Aw, that's awesome, congratulations! I'm an auntie of four. It is wonderful!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
My brother called me this morning and asked if I was sitting down. I wasn't. There's no place to sit where the phone is. Anywho, it turns out that his wife is pregnant. WHOOHOOO!!!!!! I'm going to be an uncle. That really made my day.

Awe yay!! Congrats to them and you as well! Being an Uncle is going to be so awesome for you!

That is some exciting news! When are they due?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Aw Skid, that's great! When I became an aunt I was so excited! I decided to spoil them immensely, which I did. I never said "no" unless there was no other choice, or involved danger. : )

I hope it will be great for you. It's so wonderful watching them grow up to be intelligent little creatures with awesome senses of humour, and sometimes seeing bits and snatches of yourself in them. : )

When my niece was about six I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said "an aunt". I asked why and she said because "Aunts are my favorite people". Needless to say, I loved it.

PLUS! You can be a kid again when you are alone with them and nobody will ever know! It does *you* good to, being around them.

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Congrats.

I've got two wonderful and sometimes super irritating nieces with a 3rd on the way in September.

Does teach one patience and compassion though.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Congrats! They're such great fun ... and then when you've taught then all the BEST things ... you send them home.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

They think she's three weeks along. She'd gone in to get her thyroid checked. I guess they give you a radioactive pill. The doctor asked when her last "monthly" was and she told him it was June something or other. He suggested doing a blood test and that's how they found out. They've been trying for a long time.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm looking forward to it. That kid is going to be spoiled rotten lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Yes, it does teach patience and compassion. It's almost like parenting training.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You've got that right. I taught my nephew from my sister some "questionable" habits and colorful language. Yeah, I got it for that one lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How exciting! Congratulations Uncle Skid! I never had kids of my own so I always had Nieces and Nephews to spoil and love. The things they come out with will crack you up!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks. I'm the same way, no kids. My nephew (from my sister) was funny. We were teaching him the alphabet and got as far as "Y". He kept saying "because". It made us laugh every time.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

This is the best thread I have seen all day! Congratulations to your entire clan and blessing to the angel on the way. Btw, being an uncle is great; get to spoil them and send them home when they get too spoiled. Ha!

Cheers to you, "unks"!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join