It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunken sub found near Swedish coast.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A modern submarine with no sign of damage has been found on the bottom of the Baltic sea, 2750 meters outside Swedish coast. The diving team that made the discovery, might ring some bells for you: Ocean X Team. The same team that made the "Baltic Anomaly" find some years ago. However, no matter what you feel about that finding, this time they got the find clearly visable on film and the Swedish navy is looking into the find and are calling it "very serious".

There have been no S.O.S. or other emergency call from the sub which makes the navy belive it was on a secret mission. From the description of the sub from the divers, experts belive it to be a minisub. According to the divers, the hatch seem to be showing no signs of beeing open which make the expert belive there is a high possibillity the crew is left inside.

Expressen have the film made from Ocean X Team.
(Links are in Swedish and google.translate is a pain from my smartphone.. hope some friendly soul can add that)

www.expressen.se...

www.aftonbladet.se...

Hunting for Russian subs have been a rather popular "sport" in Sweden, mostly during the cold war but untill last year, it has been a rather quiet subject. Now, we have to wait and see what is going to happen. If it is indeed a Russian sub, and the dead crew is found, it will spark some heavy debates I guess, especially since the Swedish defence has seen some heavy cut backs the last decade.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Last year there was a manhunt for a sub in the baltic maybe this is the one.
edit on 27-7-2015 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks for this OP, very interesting indeed, if a little gruesome.
Anyway, I found a press release in English from the OceanExplorer website website. Just scroll down a bit.

A Russian mini-submarine has been discovered at Swedish territorial waters not far from the Swedish coast. The submarine is about 20 meters long and three and a half meters wide. It is unclear how old the submarine is and how long it has been laying at the sea floor, but the Cyrillic letters on the hull indicates that it is Russian.

The discovery was made previous week by the Ocean X Team and Ixplorer.

– The submarine is completely intact, have no visible damage to the hull and the hatches are closed. Therefore do we fear that the crew have not been able to save them self when the sub went down, says Stefan Hogeborn, divers in Ocean X Team.

The submarine was found during an expedition where a camera equipped, unmanned mini-submarine of the model ROV, Remote Operated Vehicle, was sent down.

Swedish Armed Forces was informed earlier today.

Ocean X Team is now preparing for a new expedition, divers will be sent down to film and to investigate the submarine wreck more closely.

Ocean X Team has previously made several discoveries such as shipwrecks and historical objects, including bottles of champagne from 1916 and the circular of the Baltic Sea Phenomenon etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Yeah I remember that too.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Floke

Such a cool find.

They should have salvage rights I think. For an ocean exploration team having their own submarine would be a top 10 want.

Cleaning out the dead bodies will be undesirable, but solving a mystery should be a story worth many free drinks in every bar.

If it was me I would re name it the Mystery Machine.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah that crossed my mind also.

What about the sub? Can Ocean X claim it now, or are there rules if it is a military find? Must be a rather scary if they salvage it and open it up without knowing if the crew is still inside.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Putin Response: It's not ours, Now give it back.....................

----------------------------------------------------

S&F
edit on 7272015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

this story raises 2 points :

the first - it demonstrates that the " ocean x " team are infact capable of investigating sea bottom finds - which begs the question - why was thier " investigation " of the aledged baltic anomolie such a uselless clusterfook ????????

second is more curious - this throw away line :

Had there been a Swedish submarine that sunk, we would have had a completely different location,

pardon - is that an admission that the swedes have lost a boat " somewhere " else ?????????????????

sweden has had an official sub loss - at least not one i can google

can any swedish readers give a better translation of the source - it could be a context error caused by robot translation

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Former Sovjet: "We have no subs operating in Swedish waters"

Sweden: "No, we know, it is on land"

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

second is more curious - this throw away line :

Had there been a Swedish submarine that sunk, we would have had a completely different location,

pardon - is that an admission that the swedes have lost a boat " somewhere " else ?????????????????

You should probably just write that off as a quirk with Google Translate.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

i would like an authorative translation - as its an odd statement

why not " no swedish subs are lot // unnacounted for " ?????????????

which is i believe the official position - sweden has no sub losses ever - nevermind lost never found

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I belive Ocean X are very good divers and wreck hunters. But also, they still are a company that wanna make profit, or else they cant work. From what I understand, the "anomaly" did not bring any money and no one wanted to help with fundings and therefore, they did no further investigations. I think they overhyped it alot to gain attention and fundings and it backfired because it is still an interesting finding.

About the translation: It is a context error. It should read "completely different situation/scenario"

According to the divers, there are cyrillic letters visable on the sub.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if this is another complex scam pulled by western powers to paint Russia as bad guy

All it takes is to buy or make a Swiss sub and repaint it and let reporters take a picture

Whatever Putin says, call him a liar.

Mission accomplished

ShortN
edit on 27-7-2015 by ShortNoodle1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Had there been a Swedish submarine that sunk, we would have had a completely different location.

location should be situation..........

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I had to Google the Baltic Sea Anomaly
en.m.wikipedia.org...
Hope that saves some of you some time. I'm wondering how many cool things are in the ocean.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

A few years back they also did see a "Snorkel" Air intake in a Swedish Fjord and a massive hunt was conducted..
I think it must have been 15 years or so ... I will see if I can find the article and location .

It was big news of the hunt for it , here in the Netherlands.

I found something, even the use of depth charges !!!

"While there had been earlier incidents involving foreign submarines (as seen below), the incidents normally referred to in this context are those that followed the sensational stranding of the Soviet submarine U 137 deep inside Swedish waters on October 27, 1981. The Swedish Navy responded aggressively to these perceived threats, increasing patrols in Swedish waters, mining and electronically monitoring passages, and repeatedly chasing and attacking suspected submarines with depth charge bombs, but no hits or casualties were ever recorded.
Reports of new submarine sightings and television imagery of Swedish Navy helicopters firing depth charges into coastal waters against suspected intruders became commonplace in the mid-to-late 1980s. "

Link

Edit: It seems there were a few hunts in those days.. So i'm not exactly sure wich one i remember, anyway Cool find ! ( Besides deaths )
edit on 27-7-2015 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2015 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
S/F.Very interesting find OP.If it is Russian I can't wait to hear Putt and company explain their way out of this one.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

thanks chaps - it just seemed WTF

stupid robo-translate - but hey i have made no effort to learn swedish - so i cannot complain

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Looks like it has been down there a while but not a long while, barely any build up on it, and no corrosion that I could see in the i'll be it murky photos. Wonder whose it is? I looks fairly modern as far as submersibles go.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

What if it isn't Russian but a setup

Anyone rich enough especially western governments can buy and repaint a small exploration sub

And when Russians say WTH WTF

who are you gonna believe, certainly not big bad Russians

ShortN

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join