It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychoanalyze yourself PART 2.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here is another test I was given in a psychology class a few years back, similar to the first test I posted last year.
Just like with the other one, post your answers and I will PM you the meanings (so as not to spoil it for others).
Have pen and paper handy and don’t think, just imagine the scenes and write down the first thing you visualize.

Remember: even though they do have some real psychology behind it, they are just for fun!
Enjoy!

1) Imagine yourself walking down a path. Describe the path and its surroundings.

2) Alongside the path there are some trees. What are they like?

3) You suddenly encounter a bear. How do you feel about it? What is your interaction with the bear?

4) You come across a key. What does it look like? What do you do with it?

5) You see a structure up ahead (building, house, barn, anything you wish). Describe what you see. Do you explore the structure? How do you feel about it?

6) You now encounter an obstacle on your path. What is it? What do you see on the other side of the obstacle? What do you decide to do next?

7) To one side of you there is a wall. Describe it.

8) Do you want to see what’s on the other side of the wall? If you do, what do you see?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Oh I remember this, It was fun.

In fact I still have that thread in my archs.

Off to work, but I will be back later to join in the fun.

Thanks Agartha

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
1) Imagine yourself walking down a path. Describe the path and its surroundings.

3) You suddenly encounter a bear. How do you feel about it? What is your interaction with the bear?

5) You see a structure up ahead (building, house, barn, anything you wish). Describe what you see. Do you explore the structure? How do you feel about it?

6) You now encounter an obstacle on your path. What is it? What do you see on the other side of the obstacle? What do you decide to do next?

8) Do you want to see what’s on the other side of the wall? If you do, what do you see?

1) The path is narrow, in a deep jungle. It's not paved and doesn't have artificially placed gravel. It's a natural path with very dense vegetation all around. It leads towards a valley where you can see a powerful mountain range ahead. Civilization is nowhere to be seen.

2) The Trees along the path are varied. Some are massive monoliths that reach so high I can't make out the tops. Some are twisted and smaller, baring orange, soft looking fruits. The large trees are a light brown colour, the twisted one's are dark brown. There are other tree's there as well, small and not particularly interesting.

3) The bear isn't expected, as there are no bears where this jungle would be located. Nevertheless, I calmly stop as it realizes I too am on the same narrow jungle path. I Show no fear, and so the bear runs off into the jungle to avoid confrontation.

4) The key isn't something I've seen before. It's in the shape of a hexagon, made out of crystal and obsidian, moulded together. The top of it twists, springing open the bottom where 6 individually carved panels open up like a flower. It's clearly meant to be placed in some kind of slot. I close the key and put it in my pocket.

5) Down the path leading into the valley is an ancient building. It's very overgrown with it's own large path leading up to the entrance. The path is full of massive statues of beings I've never seen before. They appear to be bowing, so the ancient building must have been built for royalty, or something even more important. There are massive columns all made of stone, that support the structure.

6) One of the statues has come alive and is obstructing my path to the ancient building. It isn't attacking me, but it is a clear warning not to come any further. I evaluate my surroundings and see no exit other than jungle and the path I just came. I show the statue the key I found, and it allows me to pass.

7) There's a wall behind the line of statues, there are symbols on it in a language I cannot read. The statues are depicted there, guarding the ancient structure.

8) I don't bother seeing what's on the other side of the wall, because it's not preventing anyone from seeing anything. It's just a wall with some information on it and jungle behind it. So I continue onwards into the ancient structure.

Please feel free to post what it all means here in the topic. I'm sure most people know not to read the meaning before they do the answers themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

1) Tall bushes on either side, they're flowering. It's misty, twilight.

2) The trees are flowering too they form an arch.

3) The bear is a just a cub, I just watch it.

4) Heart shaped skeleton key attached to a chain.

5) Small, stone cottage with windows trimmed in white paint, it has a chimney and looks cozy. It's in the distance but not far.

6) A boulder that I climb over.

7) Tall stone wall, mossy.

8) Yes. A lake.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
1) Dirt track with trees around, blue sky. around morning time.
2) Lush filled trees, Evergreen trees
3) Surprised, comes out of nowhere. I move cautiously to avoid an attack of the bear.
4) A small old golden key with a clover shaped head.
5) An old deserted residential building with broken windows. I feel compelled to go inside to have a look.
6) Furniture barricade in the middle of the corridor, it also have a broken concrete wall in the barricade. Its in the middle of the hallway, seems like it was used to take cover behind. On the other-side I see just some other doors leading to rooms. I enter the room on the right before the barricade.
7) Graphiti filled wall, it seems that the wall has its paint scrapped away to reveal the raw concrete behind. With spray painted graphiti on it.
8) It used to be a studio office space with full height glass facade windows but now are broken and shattered, the room is almost empty, there were just a few tables and chairs scattered around.

Do PM me the answers... Thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
1. my path is white, sand near by
2. tall trees, green slender leaves
3. curious, not scared, actually its wearing a collar, just looking at the bear as it walks on all fours
4. its an old style key, goldish in color, I put the key in my pocket.
5. I see a pyramid, but no entrance, its not really big
6. Steps, are now in front of me, I climb the steps, only to see more pathway, looks to be getting brighter almost white
7.my wall is smooth, almost like glass, but I cannot see through the wall
8.I want to take a peak over the wall, but theres something telling me not to look.

Weird, that was fun though. I just described everything as I first imagined it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Looking forward to reading your answers!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This was interesting last time:

1. A narrow, smooth gravel path that heads off into the woods. It's mostly straight with enough of a curve that you can't see straight down it forever.

2. Tall but not so tall they overgrow the path. You can see the sky above and golden sunlight filters down. The trees are narrow because the branches stretch up toward the sky and sun.

3. It waddles across the path ahead. It's fat so it must be late summer or early fall. I think we might have surprised each, but I'm quiet and it soon snorts and goes on. Pretty cool because I've never seen a bear in the wild!

4. It looks like an old brass skeleton key. I pick it up and brush it off before putting it in my pocket.

5. It looks like an old cabin, maybe a hunter's cabin? It's made of logs and looks rustic but it's maintained even though you can tell no one has been there recently. I might poke around outside, but it's not my cabin, so I don't go in.

6. There's a deep cut in the way and I can see the path on the other side. I look for ways to either go around or climb down and back up again safely so I can go on.

7. It's a low stone wall kind of like you see in photos of the English countryside. The rocks fit together roughly and have moss growing in the cracks.

8. Since the wall is low, I can see what's on the other side without any effort. It looks like pasture land, but I don't see what kind of animals are in the pasture, just green pasture with wildflowers and a few spreading trees like big oaks.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great answers, everybody!!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
1) Stone path, cobble stone. It's long and doesn't seem to lead to anything, maybe to a park. Trees on both side. Small trees, evenly spaced apart, with just enough branching to provide shade along the entire path.

2) As described above.

3) Freeze. No idea what to do. Feeling of doom. Not sure whether to stare in amazement or avoid eye contact.

4) Tarnished golden key. Average looking key, has a hole at the bottom for a key ring. I'd look around to see if anyone was near, maybe they dropped it. If no one, I'd leave it on the ground in case someone came back for it.

5) Stone house with boarded up windows. Wooden roof. Looks historical. Probably vacant. No need to explore it. Pleasing to look at but I'm not interested in it.

6) Some sort of large object. Not sure what it is. Maybe some left over equipment from construction being done on the path. None of my business so I will walk around it and keep on the path. Other side of it is just the path continuing.

7) Large, stone wall. Looks like a monument, but no writing or anything to indicate that it really is one. Probably just aesthetic. Dark gray in color. Blocking my view of the scenery. Behind it is a park with lots of grass and trees, but I can't see it because of the wall. Makes me feel a bit restricted.

8) Well, I'd rather the wall wasn't there. The nature scenery behind it is much more pleasing and relaxing. But it's not a big deal.
edit on 27-7-2015 by OhOkYeah because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thank you so much!!! This looks like fun, I will have to hunt up your other thread also.

1) It’s a well-worn path through a forest. Lots of overgrowth but you can clearly see the dirt path.

2) Big live oaks, moss around the bottoms.

3) I get as close to one of the trees as I can and act like I’m not there. My heart is racing afraid of how the bear will react. Not sensing any danger he slowly moves along.

4) The key is a very old skeleton key. The brass has almost turned green with age. I dust off the dirt and stick it in my pocket.

5) Up ahead I see a VERY ancient home. Using the key I found I am able to get in the front door. Although dusty you can tell it was a well-loved home. I explore for a bit.

6) Before me stands a gate. It too is very old and very detailed. Although it is still very sturdy I am able to pick the lock due to age.

7) The wall beside the path is a stone wall. Stones have been layered with mud to make the wall strong.

8) Using my fingers and toes I am able to find holds and climb to the top of the wall. There you can see into a wonderful open field, filled with wild flowers.

edit on 7/27/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thank you

1) It's a forest path, quite wide and the day is sunny and bright. The path is quite pale, just an ordinary dirt path, smooth and no potholes. The bit I'm on seems straight and I can see into the distance.

2) There are many trees, green with all their leaves. Probably deciduous - I don't see any Pine trees. The sun shines on their leaves and they are bright, shadows and sunbeams rippling.

3) I see the bear on the path - he's big but, at the moment, non-threatening. He's dark brown and standing upright, arms up a little bit about to his waist. I am wary because, after all he is a bear, but I approach him carefully and respectfully. I am not going to run and give him the impression that I am prey. The bear and I acknowledge each other and each go on our way.

4) The key is big, golden and old-fashioned. Not like a Yale key. I am concerned that someone has dropped it, so I put it somewhere safe and prominent so it's easily found.

5) I see no structure up ahead. But, for the sake of the story, you mention a barn among your suggestions, so that'll do. It's ramshackle and probably has mice in it.

6) The obstacle is a large, fallen log. It's covered with a tangle of Ivy and other plants. Hmm... maybe a few wild flowers. It's across the path so I climb over it, probably grumbling a bit, and continue on my way.

7) The wall is greyish and built of large stones. It's a bit higher than me so I can't see over. There are creepers and Ivy on the top and down the sides.

8) I'm not interested in the wall or what's on the other side of it because it's probably a barrier round somebody's property. I don't feel nosy enough to look. If it was lower or there was a gap I'd glance over, but I'm not about to jump about trying to see.

edit on 27-7-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
Here is another test I was given in a psychology class a few years back, similar to the first test I posted last year.
Just like with the other one, post your answers and I will PM you the meanings (so as not to spoil it for others).
Have pen and paper handy and don’t think, just imagine the scenes and write down the first thing you visualize.

Remember: even though they do have some real psychology behind it, they are just for fun!
Enjoy!

1) A narrow path lined with Sakura trees just after first bloom, sakura petals fall around me as I taverse the path. It's a park path, around me (though distant) is a bustling, vibrant city.

2) Oops, I answered that in number one. They are sakura trees just after first bloom.

3) The bear is scary, but I would wait to see how it reacts to me before I make any movements. I know that a bear can outrun olympic runners and are adept at climbing trees, so I must make my next move carefully.

4) A simple cyan key, old style like the skeleton keys you see in old movies. (oops, left this part out: I put the key in my skirt pocket and continue walking)

5) The structure is a sky-scraper. Towering high into the sky, at least 90 stories. It's a workplace to me, and I explore it frequently.

6) A hurdle like you see on the track fields at schools. I see nothing on the other side. I walk around the hurdle.

7) A stone cinderblock wall, slightly taller than myself, and covered in a beautiful graffiti mural.

8) I cannot see over the wall, it is too tall.
edit on 27-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting... thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I wouldn't trust any of these online tests

ShortN

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

awesome thread

no really.. is this a tricky question?

simple answer: as above

ok he gets up on his two feet and we have a little quick chat

like that without the necklace

if I am still with the bear I ask him if he wants it. if not I ll keep it in my hand or put it in my pocket

no thank u .. will not explore it

similar to this .. thicker wood less light lower to the ground and a bit bigger.. you know the forest watch towers

maybe I would walk a tiny bit faster till its out of sight

wasn't the key I found one already? that was pretty cool as is.. if there is another little thing on the floor cool can't wait to walk to it closer and pick it up

like this but it is on my left side and I just looked up to the corner
wooden light Lino floors but u can't see that in the picture

no I don't need to see what is on the other side it doesn't cross my mind to think about it

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thank you for this post and the opportunity to be psychoanalyzed, much appreciated. Sounds like a fun and interesting exercise.

The path is made of many hues, specks of dirt, with subtle bends here and there.

There is a dense surrounding of very tall thick trees around me endowed with lush bright fall colours.

Startled at first, then curious about its size and breed and what its intentions are, but more keen on avoiding it and going along on my way.

It is a small golden key like most keys. I look around to see if there is something around where I found it that can be unlocked. If not, I place it in my pocket as a souvenir.

I see a very old stone cabin with very low thatched roof angled downwards with a stone chimney (like a Dutch Cottage). Inside, the sunlight pours through the windows onto the walls and flooring; I can see the dust-mites silently dancing in the rays and it is very quiet and serene. It feels welcoming and I feel nostalgic. I wonder if the key I just found is somehow related to this structure.

A fallen tree. I see the path I'm currently on this other side of this tree. I use that fallen tree to have a rest before carrying on.

It is made of stone and covered with dense ivy and bright green moss.

Yes, I want to see what on the other side. I see the other side of the wall and more trees and a babbling brook.

I think I'm overdue for a trip up to the cottage. Thanks again for this fun exercise in imagination. Have a wonderful week!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The most interesting man in the world doesn't imagine himself walking down paths.

But if he did they would be sunny native American paths along ancient familial landscapes of coast, wetlands, hills and valley, unsullied by modern development.

The trees would be indigenous nut trees, ash, elm, black walnut, that are endangered and hide only in the deepest forest glade, away from the woodman's axe. The fragrant balsams would fill his nostrils and his mind would fly with deep and complex thoughts, the sunlight glinting on brooks, marshes, and sea.

As I walked I did, in fact, encounter a bear; he had been stalking me for over an hour and casually wondered if I was for dinner. I politely declined the generous offer as I was not quit ready, having hopefully a few years more of relative health and well being left.

As I walked I knew the key was within my mind, drifting freely in the open stream of awareness, If I tuned in I would see it clearly in my minds eye, with practice and longing I would use it to unravel the great mystery.

The structure is a portal, a glade that opens into a path down a brook that drops through a gorge into the lost world of an ancient ice age landscape that has lain undisturbed for 30,000 years.

It is beautiful, the sun is gleaming on a secret pond like a jewel sparkling in the canyon.

There is an obstacle, an ancient tree that has fallen into the pond.

It is immense and as I walk out over the pond I see that it is unusually blue black with bottomless deeps.

The tree is angling down through the surface of the pond into the mysterious depths.

There is a point of land near the ancient log, it is blocking my view, a stony outcropping formed by glaciers, but around the the point comes the Ancient One. He has been waiting for a decade to grow to his full size and come out and meet me.

We look deep into each others eyes, and are amazed. He is sending thoughts to me and will continue to contact me telepathically through the years.

As time passes He will get older and one day I know he is gone.

He sends me a message, he has gone back to the Native lands and time we both came from.

When we were both giants and lived forever.

edit on 27-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1) it's a narrow hardly used game trail, brush runs close to the path but doesn't block it.

2) large old growth trees with moss growing on the trunks run along ether side.

3) feel a little startled at the bear , proceed with caution keeping a wary eye on the bear. There is no interaction except for acknowledgement of each other's presence ..

4) the key is one of those old interior door keys.. Has a looped end, round shaft and three teeth (?).. I put it in my pocket..

5) I see an old abandoned barn.. I explore it.. It feels nostalgic ..

6) the obstacle is a fallen tree , the large trunk crosses the path.. The path continues on the other side.. I climb over the tree trunk and continue on..

7) an old field stone wall is to my left.

8) I climb it and look over.. It's a well tended and manicured garden.. There are fruit trees, flowers of all varieties and a fountain in the distance..

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

1) The path is leads into a forest. The sky is really bright and sunny.

2) The tree alongside the path look like green trees, the ones that look like christmas trees.

3) The bear is angry and showing his teeth. He sees me , I stand there but he doesn't attack or anything, just looks angry.

4) A golden key to open a small house in the forest with books of ancient, useful, information.

5) The small wooden house I just described, next to a waterfall. It's peaceful and comfortable.

6) The obstacle is a huge boulder/rock on the path, the other side leads to an even deeper less sunlight part of the forest. I decide to relax, I will get there when and if I do.

7) A brick wall, red, old, and dirty from the forest.

8) A city with crystal blueish-silver buildings, grass, water, and sunlight.

Now what does it all mean?

edit on 27-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join