It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Who Iowa Loves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Farlander
I found this useful for figuring out where I actually stand in relation to all of the candidates:

I side 94% with Bernie Sanders www.isidewith.com...

That's very thorough. 98% Bernie! LOL! No surprise there.

97% Bernie
84% Clinton
80% O'Malley

I might even register to vote

edit on 28-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
I found this useful for figuring out where I actually stand in relation to all of the candidates:

I side 94% with Bernie Sanders www.isidewith.com...

I took your test and apparently I'm 92% Bernie Sanders and really no one else. Hilary comes in a distant second at 76% and Rand Paul 3rd at 67%.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Trump vs Bernie. Trump will win that.

Sadly I have no faith in americans to not vote in a reality tv star. Sanders has served his state faithfully, diligently and honestly for decades , he governs as opposed to politicizes.

Then you have Trump who hasn't served anything other than his own narcism and Americans are so determined to follow the glitter and noise they will vote an entertainer in over the right man for the job....its like hiring a cheap stripper for CEO of an airline because she entertains the staff instead of managing them.

As for people saying they love his honesty how he isn't afraid to say things. Well nor is Bernie, its just his comments aren't immoral like Trumps and aren't designed to provide billions in free publicity for a his brand. Another analogy I have to this blind hysteria of acceptance at Trumps disgusting comments is like a rapist (lets say its NOT a Mexican one) saying he loves raping women with a smile or a loud mouth and dozens of cameras capturing the moment we should applaud his honesty for saying what he really thinks...'cause you know he's being honest...Disgusting comments and thoughts are disgusting, I don't care if they are "honest". If it's " what he really thinks' it doesn't make what is coming out his mouth OK. Why can't people understand this simple premise? Because he ENTERTAINS them, he doesn't govern them. They want to be entertained not governed.

Give me a break america, switch your brain cells on, last guy who worked out how to manipulate the masses with huge publicity stunts saying "what he thought" killed a lot of our grandparents, Both have a combover but one also had a tight little black mustache and spoke German.

If I watch the Real Housewives of Orange county and LA etc, these are all millionaires who flap their collagen lips off inappropriately and also are TV reality stars, should I find our new member of congress there?
They have the same TRUMP resume qualifications, therefore we can slot them into senate seats across the country in order to keep america fat dumb and entertained.......
edit on 28-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

What do you like about him?

I'm in 98% agreement with him. And the most important thing... he's been consistently working for the middle class since the beginning of his political career. He's in it for the RIGHT reasons.

Here are a few reasons I like him...

Bernie Sanders On the Issues

Strongly Favors topic 1: Abortion is a woman's right
Strongly Opposes topic 4: Teacher-led prayer in public schools
Favors topic 10: Absolute right to gun ownership
Strongly Opposes topic 6: Privatize Social Security
Strongly Favors topic 18: Replace coal & oil with alternatives
Strongly Opposes topic 19: Drug use is immoral: enforce laws against it
Strongly Favors topic 11: Make taxes more progressive
Strongly Opposes topic 13: Support & expand free trade
Opposes topic 15: Expand the armed forces
Favors topic 16: Stricter limits on political campaign funds
Strongly Favors topic 14: The Patriot Act harms civil liberties
Strongly Favors topic 17: US out of Iraq & Afghanistan

edit on 7/28/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

(post by LiberLegit removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hmmm...
Sanders 88%
Clinton 79%
Trump 54%
Bush 28%
Interesting quiz! I must say it does seem to be pretty accurate on what I originally believed myself. Though I expected the percentages to be all lower than 50%. Guess those differences are just based on my own personal take on the character of the individual's. Guess I should say, Go Bernie! Too.
He does seem like the most honest candidate who actually could follow through on the issues. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
lol i got 99% sanders....only because he had no current stance on length of serving congress members

ETA
Interestingly most of the Republican candidates haven't bothered to put out policy on most of the questions to be able to get a compatibility rating with them...what does that tell us?
edit on 28-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I REALLY like Bernie. But I can't help thinking he's just a side-show, however, until we get a little closer to the election, when he'll be nowhere to be found. I hope not. I saw him here in Phoenix. Exciting stuff, but ultimately I'm afraid, all in vain.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Farlander

HA. I'm about a dead heat between Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders.

Are there any laws forbidding a Sanders/Paul ticket?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Nope. And I'd vote for it. But it's not likely to happen. They disagree strongly on some basic issues.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I dont see any hope there, I see Jeb, Hillary, and Trump 20-30 points a head........

Thats not good

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Nope. And I'd vote for it. But it's not likely to happen. They disagree strongly on some basic issues.
but that's just it. Between the disagreement, they would be able to find a compromise that's well and good for the American people. At least, that's MY fantasy. Either way, 2016 is not going to be a good one for any of us. Damn servers and "what does it matter" is becoming president. Time to buy my AR before then.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Good for Iowa

I like Bernie, unless he is an actor which he probably is

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'll admit that I don't follow political stuff. I like Trump because he tells it how I want to hear it. If you guys are telling me that Bernie Sanders is a lot like Ron Paul then I will for sure be looking into him as well. I wish Ron was 20 years younger. He would be out next president.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Farlander

HA. I'm about a dead heat between Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders.

No but it would fail. A split ticket wouldn't get a shot in the debates or be their parties choice. Both would have to be running 3rd party.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
93% Bernie

(off topic but related: why is Sarah Palin on the list of candidates in the "Today's Trending Question" section at the end?)

back on topic:

Bernie Sanders Draws Army of 100,000 Volunteers to First Nationwide Organizing Event

I think I might very well sign up on a local campaign committee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join