It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aggg! I have 430 clones!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow! I just searched my name on facebook! It came up with 430 search results with the SAME name!

How's that even possible!

I thought I was unique! Now I find there are 430 people walking around answering to MY exact name! Wow!

On searching some other names I found very similar circumstances!

Wow! I thought I was special!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My name is one of a kind of facebook

Heck even when I search my last name alone... only my relatives come up and another 6-8 people.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
So nobody will be able to track you down on google.
They will keep finding one of the others. That could be quite useful.
(Anyone who tries to google my name gets a well-known sculptor instead)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Wow! I just searched my name on facebook! It came up with 430 search results with the SAME name!

How's that even possible!

I thought I was unique! Now I find there are 430 people walking around answering to MY exact name! Wow!

On searching some other names I found very similar circumstances!

Wow! I thought I was special!

When I searched I only found 1 HD3DSURROUNDSOUND....Go Figure

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh, not the clones I was thinking of.
Damn got all excited...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Hmm based on your avi and name...
Were you looking for robot clones or nice green smelly ones?

Both awesome.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Lucky you! If anyone searches just my first and last name then they will only find me in the results, that applies to facebook, google, or bing etc.

For that reason I do not use my last name where I have a 'public' online presence, just first and middle.
For professional image reasons I don't want any drunken party photo's of me ever available to people who may be wishing to do business with me.

Also, I don't want any nut who might have issues with me to be able to track me down with a simple single search.

*Edit*
Oh, and like the poster above, just search my last name and it's all my family, immediate, cousins, blah.
edit on 27.7.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Welcome to my Hell. Searching my real name on both Google and Bing lead to the first hit:

"World Greatest Plumber!"

Oh well, the jokes on them. I tried to change a faucet one time and ended up flooding two floors of an apartment complex.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Anyone who searches my name on google, will end up getting an American soldier who committed war crimes at Guantanamo bay.

How ironic.... lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My name is so common that I'm afraid to look it up. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

hahahaha, that's classic!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
my name is very common. its an english name that is stamped onto the backs of some of their products. i am related to those folks in the most convoluted way....just barely. My last name is not my family name....my father was adopted by his aunt/uncle, and took on their last name. So i carry the last name of some in laws, and those folks live out in Missouri.

If i had my moms maiden name, however, it is unique on this planet. It was invented by my great grandfather while immigrating. He took our Hungarian name and had it anglicized into something that has been a point of ridicule ever since. Seriously...its almost like someone who knew English helped him make the name up as a joke. If you are involved in stuff that has needs for valves and whatnot, especially in the Pennsylvania area, you may have heard the name or seen it stamped onto cast iron valves and fittings.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah I was one of a kind on facebook also then a couple of months ago there were pages and pages of people with the same name, even when I Googled my name I got the same results until recently. I was a little concerned but not sure if I should worry, when I was 18 I'd lost my wallet with all my info.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

If you were really 'one of a kind' with your name in internet searches, and then a drastic change in search results then it is reasonable to be concerned in my opinion.
As I said earlier, My first and last name produces search results which are all me. If there suddenly appeared loads more next week I'd be curious at the least, and probably concerned as it would be a bit weird.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
first and last? or first middle and last? names.

top topics

join