It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody knows nothing. Nobody knows anything!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Faithful ATS. Here is a conspiracy for you. Its the conspiracy in which we believe we know or can know anything of value in regards to what will happen and when and where.

Ignorance is bliss. Why do we try to even work it all out? I believe one being knows everything (God) and He doesn't share His plans with mere mortals. We would all be better engaged just heading back to the caves where all we had to do was hunt, sleep and eat. Wow the world must have been so beautiful then!

Do you want to know what happens to cavemen who play with things they shouldn't play with: look at us: humanity today and are we any better off? I think we are worse off than ever before and planet earth is about to reject us like our bodies reject thorns, our bodies just spit them out! I believe its soon.

Here are questions I would like the truth and (inside information) for. Let's see if anyone know anything useful or not:

(I want truthful short answers from members with inside info. Backed up by indisputable proof or don't bother to even attempt an answer. Thanks!)

1: Is there a God?
2: Do aliens exist?
3: What is our place in the universe?
4: What must I do with my life?
5: Is mankind doomed?
6: When will the singularity occur?
7: Where will I go when I die?
8: Is 'happiness' the meaning of life?
9: Where is the human race heading?
10: Will I be remembered when I die?
11: Are humans on the right path?
12: Why do we as humans 'think' of ourselves at all?
13: Is mental telepathy real?
14: Do humans have a repressed memory of 'all knowledge' that we need to unlock?
15: Is there a real devil?
16: Is a life lived without love really a life lived?
17: If we had a oneworld all powerful leader would there be peace on earth?
18: If earth is a matrix can we or has anyone crackedhacked the source code?
19: Is spirit the same as AI (artificial intelligence?
20: Who wrote the script which I and all other humans follow without knowing it?

These are my questions. Please all answers need to backed up by irrefutable PROOF.

Its ok to say that "honestly I don't know the answer to a single one of your questions." And that applies to all of you. I wish all of us cavemen could just hurry up and admit that everyone knows nothing and nobody knows anything so we can all move back into our caves where we belong.

ATS motto deny ignorance! ATS is become what its against the most, a brainwashing machine!

No body CAN deny ignorance. Ignorance is all we have!

ADMIT YOU KNOW NOTHING AND NEVER WILL AND MOVE INTO MY CAVE WITH ME! I PROMISE I WON'T BITE! Together we will proudly know nothing!

To those who continue to search for knowledge I can say one thing only...

"Ogg! ogg! caveman make fire good!" = "The particle of physics is tantamount to the... Blah, blah, blah, blah!"

Come my ignorance cave is safe and warm and cozy. There are no atomic bombs here.

Ignorance! Ignorance! Ignorance! IGNORANCE! - this is all we know.

"The only thing that we truly know that we know is that we don't know anything. Its ok to guess or pretend but this just leads to sorrow." -me.

So to counter the brainwash machine I say (no offense to ATS) let's all stop trying so damm hard to understand everything! We knew all we need to know to be happy and content years ago! All this other bull crap is just going to far man...

We've come so far to find out how ignorant we are. How much further?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
I believe one being knows everything (God) and He doesn't share His plans with mere mortals.

You don't KNOW that though do you?

Personally, I believe in Mother Nature. I think (don't know) she is the universe.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Well at least you know something then

still new
so I can't flag u
good op likes the yickes

edit on 27-7-2015 by refined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I know something but you know what? I ain't gonna tell ya.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You will never be satisfied because all those questions can only be answered by you.

What's the point in anyone trying to prove to you anything when you already want to push them away.

Your mind is not in the right place to absorb the information you need.

RELAX, this is all just a game so enjoy the ride.

edit on 27-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Trying to stay within you request is impossible, I can't prove a single thing you ask. Nobody but YOU can answer them. Don't you see, you are the director, producer and every character of YOUR play. Produce a play that you like and live within it, it's all we can do. Nothing is outside of you so you have to search for and discover what you've forgotten. Good luck, you can do it !!

....a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Faithful ATS. Here is a conspiracy for you. Its the conspiracy in which we believe we know or can know anything of value in regards to what will happen and when and where.

I think that kind of mindset is actually not a very populous one. Most people, it appears, seem to realize that absolute knowledge is unattainable, and those who claim to have absolute knowledge are either entirely delusional, or simply lying.

At least within many of my topics that pertain to religion and scientific findings, both sides claim that the other is claiming absolute knowledge, with very little knowledge of the other side to begin with.

For instance, I cannot count how many times I've seen the words "Truth" or "Fact" be used incorrectly whilst arguing a point against some kind of scientific field, when science doesn't even deal with truth at all, nor does it ever claim to be 100% factual.

So it appears that most seem to just assume others believe they are absolutely correct, rather than simply using a form of percentages in their evaluation of the world around them according to the information they've gathered, and only then coming to a conclusion that "this is most likely the answer" (rather than this is absolutely the answer).

Here are questions I would like the truth and (inside information) for. Let's see if anyone know anything useful or not:

(I want truthful short answers from members with inside info. Backed up by indisputable proof or don't bother to even attempt an answer. Thanks!)

Here, ya go!

1: Is there a God?
No. There has been no evidence that I have witnessed that would suggest that one exists. Many things we see in the universe have been theorized to have a natural origin, and those theories are backed up by evidence and calculations which are highly accurate.

Nevertheless, that does not mean that there cannot be a god. There simply is no reason to believe in one, thus the current answer is No. If there were evidence to prove a God's existence, I would instantly change my view on the subject.

I cannot say for sure, but there is no reason they cannot exist. We have "odd" occurrences here on earth that suggest they do, and our knowledge of life and how it forms is very small, currently. I would say my answer is a soft "Yes", only due to the knowledge we currently have about life and how it forms, and applying those valuables to the billions of billions of other planets.

3: What is our place in the universe?
Earth.

I assume you mean "meaning" or "purpose", in which case there is no purpose, nor does life require a purpose. Purpose is subjective to an individualistic viewpoint. If your purpose is to flip burgers at Mcdonalds, then your purpose in the universe is beyond nil.

If you're refering to the purpose or meaning of Humanity in general, then again, that is still based on an individualistic perspective. Again, there isn't a requirement to have a purpose in order to exist. If it makes you feel better or more meaningful, or more useful as a person, by all means feel this way. We are a very small blip in the vast ocean of the universe. There simply is no meaning.

4: What must I do with my life?
Whatever you want to. It is my personal belief that to live a full life is to help Humanity as a whole, and be respectful to the planet we live on. It seems that that is the most humble approach to things.

5: Is mankind doomed?
As we know it? Yes. The current model of mankind is based practically all on a very small population holding virtually all the power. This is not a sustainable model, and mankind as we know it will eventually fall. Will we all die off? probably not, but change will definitely occur.

I have a lot of respect for Ray Kurzweil, and there's nothing to suggest his predictions will be inaccurate. The Singularity will most likely begin to occur within the next 50 years. Will it be successful? who knows.

7: Where will I go when I die?
Wherever you're berried or cremated (or otherwise).

8: Is 'happiness' the meaning of life?
I don't see why there needs to be a meaning to life. Does your suggestion apply to other creatures as well? Does an Ant need happiness to achieve meaningfulness?

Humans are a very small population out of all the trillions of living beings on this planet. If we are to go by the totality of the population of LIFE on earth, not just Humans on earth, then the meaning of life is simply to survive.

In multiple directions. It's not a linear path. We have a lot of options and our current issue is an intrinsic capitalistic approach to governing humanity. If we can surpass that issue, then the human race is heading in a very great path. Otherwise, we are going to see a very dark future, very soon.

10: Will I be remembered when I die?
Probably not.

Sure, within a few months of death, perhaps a handful of years. But the likelihood of you being remembered 100 years from now with any significance is very low. And a thousand? even lower. Only a handful of people are remembered thousands of years later. And those are only very prominent people (kings, queens, warriors)

However, do you remember the group of people who survived tens of thousands of years ago that even let the human species survive? probably not, yet they are the most important.

11: Are humans on the right path?
I already answered this in question 9

12: Why do we as humans 'think' of ourselves at all?
This question is subjective from individual to individual. So the answer is infinitely varying.

13: Is mental telepathy real?
It hasn't been proven definitively. However, I don't see why it couldn't exist naturally. Probably not in the magical sense that it is commonly viewed as, but through pheromone detection, or somehow being able to pick up on brain waves, why not?

14: Do humans have a repressed memory of 'all knowledge' that we need to unlock?
All knowledge? No. But fragments of recent, and perhaps distant, ancestors. Yes. That has been proven.

15: Is there a real devil?
No. It's evident that when religions go into detail about specific mythological beings, they counter their own arguments in their stories, or against knowledge about the universe as a whole. There is no Devil.

16: Is a life lived without love really a life lived?
Yes, you can live without being loved or loving someone/thing else. Life is about survival at a species-based level, that's it.

17: If we had a oneworld all powerful leader would there be peace on earth?
No. because Peace is not a closed system. Someone's going to murder someone else, no matter who is in charge. There will still be gangs, there will still be starvation.

18: If earth is a matrix can we or has anyone crackedhacked the source code?
A matrix? as in the movie? please elaborate.

... Continued in next post

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Continued from previous post....

19: Is spirit the same as AI
Considering I don't believe anyone has a spirit. No.

Nevertheless, no one can define what a spirit or a soul is even if it does exist. If all a spirit is is Energy, then All machines have a spirit, for electricity would be their energy.

20: Who wrote the script which I and all other humans follow without knowing it?
You're assuming there is a script to begin with. The question already starts out with a falsehood. Again, not all humans are the same. Everything is subjective to the individual. Some people believe killing is acceptable at times, some people don't think killing is ever acceptable. There is no script.

These are my questions. Please all answers need to backed up by irrefutable PROOF.

Considering virtually all of these questions are entirely based on Opinion alone, you will never receive proof. Furthermore, how about you irrefutably prove the existence of God?

This demand is ridiculous.

I wish all of us cavemen could just hurry up and admit that everyone knows nothing and nobody knows anything so we can all move back into our caves where we belong.

Alright, how about you first admit that you cannot believe in god if you no one can know god exists. That doesn't make you a Theist, that makes you an Agnostic.

You keep spouting "We can't know anything" yet you believe in god? Your entire OP is hypocritical.
edit on 27/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Ignorance! Ignorance! Ignorance! IGNORANCE! - this is all we know.

I don't believe that, although it certainly could be a factor - but not an intentional one. I think we're stuck in a sort of groggy, sleep-like state where we can't really wrap our heads around everything. Because we are in a sleep state where all things are possible, we manifest through consensus, that which we'll experience.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

-Thomas Gray

"ODE ON A DISTANT PROSPECT OF ETON COLLEGE"

Ye distant spires, ye antique towers,
That crown the watery glade,
Where grateful Science still adores
Her Henry's holy Shade;
And ye, that from the stately brow
Of Windsor's heights the expanse below
Of grove, of lawn, of mead survey,
Whose turf, whose shade, whose flowers among
Wanders the hoary Thames along
His silver-winding way.

Ah happy hills, ah pleasing shade,
Ah fields beloved in vain,
Where once my careless childhood strayed,
A stranger yet to pain!
I feel the gales, that from ye blow,
A momentary bliss bestow,
As waving fresh their gladsome wing,
My weary soul they seem to soothe,
And, redolent of joy and youth,
To breathe a second spring.

Say, Father Thames, for thou hast seen
Full many a sprightly race
Disporting on thy margent green
The paths of pleasure trace,
Who foremost now delight to cleave
With pliant arm thy glassy wave?
The captive linnet which enthrall?
What idle progeny succeed
To chase the rolling circle's speed,
Or urge the flying ball?

While some on earnest business bent
Their murmuring labours ply
'Gainst graver hours, that bring constraint
To sweeten liberty:
Some bold adventurers disdain
The limits of their little reign,
And unknown regions dare descry:
Still as they run they look behind,
They hear a voice in every wind,
And snatch a fearful joy.

Gay hope is theirs by fancy fed,
Less pleasing when possessed;
The tear forgot as soon as shed,
The sunshine of the breast:
Theirs buxom health of rosy hue,
Wild wit, invention ever-new,
And lively cheer of vigour born;
The thoughtless day, the easy night,
The spirits pure, the slumbers light,
That fly the approach of morn.

Alas, regardless of their doom,
The little victims play!
No sense have they of ills to come,
Nor care beyond today:
Yet see how all around 'em wait
The ministers of human fate,
And black Misfortune's baleful train!
Ah, show them where in ambush stand
To seize their prey the murtherous band!
Ah, tell them, they are men!

These shall the fury Passions tear,
The vultures of the mind,
Disdainful Anger, pallid Fear,
And Shame that skulks behind;
Or pining Love shall waste their youth,
Or Jealousy with rankling tooth,
That inly gnaws the secret heart,
And Envy wan, and faded Care,
Grim-visaged comfortless Despair,
And Sorrow's piercing dart.

Ambition this shall tempt to rise,
Then whirl the wretch from high,
To bitter Scorn a sacrifice,
And grinning Infamy.
The stings of Falsehood those shall try,
And hard Unkindness' altered eye,
That mocks the tear it forced to flow;
And keen Remorse with blood defiled,
And moody Madness laughing wild
Amid severest woe.

Lo, in the vale of years beneath
A grisly troop are seen,
The painful family of Death,
More hideous than their Queen:
This racks the joints, this fires the veins,
That every labouring sinew strains,
Those in the deeper vitals rage:
Lo, Poverty, to fill the band,
That numbs the soul with icy hand,
And slow-consuming Age.

To each his sufferings: all are men,
Condemned alike to groan;
The tender for another's pain,
The unfeeling for his own.
Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies.
Thought would destroy their paradise.
No more; where ignorance is bliss,
'Tis folly to be wise.
edit on 27-7-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Good rant. After reading it I've decided to have my name legally changed to Nobody so I can know everything and deny ignorance. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Science claims to have found some microbes that came from other planets.
ETs?
Or are we, as life, the ETs of earth?
"Life on Earth 'came from space' say scientists" -
BBC

The apparent plans for: Post-humanity/ Trans-humanism: See here

19: Is spirit the same as AI (artificial intelligence?
Is the "spirit", consciousness? Researchers are working on harnessing consciousness.

In the meantime: Stephen Hawking is answering AI questions AMA Reddit

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: refined

Well at least you know something then

still new
so I can't flag u
good op likes the yickes

Welcome to ATS! Enjoy your stay!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It’s a fallacy to pretend that humans cannot know because absolute knowledge is reserved for the omniscient. Actually, knowledge is a human affair. We know by means accessible to human observers, not by god-like or omniscient ones. Our knowledge is a human relationship to the thing known, not God’s relationship to the thing known. Humans can and do know all the time. The desire to know absolutely and to predict absolutely is a sign of angst, not curiosity. Agnosticism is fallacious, ridiculous and annoying on these grounds.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

NOTCORRECT

with hard work and hard critical thinking

You can answer about half of questions you posed

But if you are jumping from topic to topic never truly looking into anything

Then you will end up confused

ShortN

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Regarding your list of questions, I would say: dont take anyones word for it, especially from the ATS community. With all due respect, ATS is simply an alternative source for news, just a bit more user-invoved than others.

The complex and often frustrating & incomplete answers you seek are for YOU to discover. These arent math equations for which you're asking answers, which have exactly one right answer. These are paradigm-forming research projects and adventures one must experience to, really, find one's self.

Good luck my friend!

top topics

join