It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know any music resembling the calm section in 'Afreen'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I remember this piece keeping me in my seat at the end of the movie 'The Hundred Foot Journey' because a specific section in it struck me. It's at around 2:27. It made me feel somewhat at peace as if something incredible had just happened in my life and I've made it to the top. I can't stop listening to the section. I was wondering if anyone knew of another piece that resembles the same feeling and tone as the section at 2:27 to 2:50?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jonwhite866

I don't know but that was a good song.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonwhite866
I remember this piece keeping me in my seat at the end of the movie 'The Hundred Foot Journey' because a specific section in it struck me. It's at around 2:27. It made me feel somewhat at peace as if something incredible had just happened in my life and I've made it to the top. I can't stop listening to the section. I was wondering if anyone knew of another piece that resembles the same feeling and tone as the section at 2:27 to 2:50?

www.youtube.com...

You could also ask the person who's Youtube channel it is.
Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

It's A. R. Rahman himself. He never comments just uploads haha.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That immediately reminded me of this

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Go to YouTube and type in Dead Can Dance or enjoy the solo work of its two primary members Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard.

I would be willing to be you have heard her voice and didn't know it if you have seen the movies: Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Whale Rider, The Insider and multiple others..
edit on 27-7-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Funny you should mention DCD. I was just about to recommend them, especially the stuff from Spleen And Ideal, some of the songs from Serpent's Egg (like Host of the Seraphim), and stuff from Within the Realm (such as Xavier, Summoning of the Muse, Persephone).

Also check out Gorecki,by Lamb.

And some soundtracks, like some of the stuff from The Shawshank Redemption.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

join