It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese government’s massive stock market stimulus is having the opposite effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

China’s stock markets cratered again today, despite the government’s stimulus efforts. The Shanghai Composite Index fell by 8.5% and the Shenzhen A-shares index lost 7% of its value....

The government’s desperate attempts to goose the market were actually a key reason behind today’s drop, analysts said: “Investors are afraid the Chinese government will withdraw supporting measures from the market,” Sam Chi Yung, a strategist at Delta Asia Securities in Hong Kong told Bloomberg. “Once those disappear, the market cannot support itself.”
qz.com...

If stock markets could be successfully rigged perpetually then they'd all just keep going up forever, correct?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Maybe they're just not as good as the US in this. We've had 25 years to perfect the rigging.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Naturally.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think they simply have way too many investord over there...imagine if more of the general American public were screwing around in the market.

We are better at the propping here though. However i would say the Chinese can perservere much more. Had the US stock market dropped as much as China's has, well half of ATS would have bugged out by now.
edit on 27-7-2015 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They are rigged, it was the PBOC's actions that made it rise that high in the first place. The gov wants that stock market to crash, since it's so bubblisish, but they want it crash slowly, not take a nose dive that it's currently taking.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Chinese are way more savvy than west is when it comes to finances

Does anyone in the west know how much physical gold billion they bought with their many many trillions in surplus

I am from Thailand I know better than most of you

I honestly wouldn't worry about China, I would worry about Uncle Sam

ShortN

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

80 per cent of Wall Street is supercomputer algorithms
80 per cent of Chinas stockmarket is illiterate banana vendors

the result was inevitable

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortNoodle1
Chinese are way more savvy than west is when it comes to finances
I honestly wouldn't worry about China, I would worry about Uncle Sam

I have to disagree on the first point.
If the Chinese were way more savvy they wouldn't currently be sh**ting a brick and bracing themselves for a potential market collapse to hit them tomorrow. The only way they would have a chance to stave it off would be buying stocks, but they don't have bottomless pockets to be able to do that.

They're currently crossing their fingers and hoping that the panic stops once people have time to sleep on it, if it starts up again when the markets open tomorrow we could genuinely see a crash.

And on the second point, you should be worried about both the US and China.

These markets may be thousands of miles apart but a crash of any will cause massive economic crisis around the world. Don't think that the market crashing in China or the US only impacts on that nation, if either crashes the entire world is in for a sh** storm of trouble.

Globalism has led to a massive danger of contagion. One market merely sees a problem and the world feels the effects of it, if one literally crashes it would cause major problems around the world.

As one analyst put it today, if the Chinese market does crash, it will make Greece look like a children's party.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Maybe they're just not as good as the US in this. We've had 25 years to perfect the rigging.
We've had a lot longer than that.

In 1792, traders formalized their association with the Buttonwood Agreement which was the origin of the New York Stock Exchange.
The market has been rigged since it's inception.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

I consider the beginning to have started with the so called "plunge protection team" which came out after the 87' crash.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

A rigged stock market will move both up and down. If you're positioned correctly you make more money when it drops, because you can then buy in cheaply. When things always go up you can never sell.

new topics

top topics

join