It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton sets renewable energy goals to spur more wind, solar power

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hillary says she will install 500,000,000 solar panels if and when she is President.

The goal is to get this massive project complete within 4 years.

Let's hope she does things a little different than Obama.

She also has 'visions' of every U.S. home using renewable energy in 10 years.

Unless....this is just another campaign "promise".

Or maybe she's just trying to "out do" Bernie who is rapidly gaining popularity at her expense !!!

Hillary Clinton sets renewable energy goals to spur more wind, solar power

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton called on Sunday for a dramatic national shift to energy sources such as solar and wind, setting a goal of generating enough clean renewable energy to power every U.S. home within a decade after she takes office.

Clinton, the front-runner for her party's 2016 presidential nomination, also pledged to have more than half a billion solar panels installed nationwide within four years of taking office.

"I want more wind, more solar, more advanced biofuels, more energy efficiency," Clinton said at a rally on Sunday in Ames, Iowa. "And I’ve got to tell you, people who argue against this are just not paying attention."

Hmmmm.

How "realistic" is this master plan of hers?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't know how realistic the plan is, as I am not an expert in the field, but I do like the idea. Eventually, though, central generation will be more difficult and expensive than energy generation at the individual level.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't trust her. Period. No matter what she says or grand "help the people" scheme she promises, she is going to profit from it in some way. She and Bill probably have stock in "green" companies and will milk it for all they can get.
Or.....
It's a ploy to get an in with the younger crowd, showing them "Look! I care about you future"
Pfffttt. She's a slug who only cares how much you donate to her foundation and how she can manipulate you for her own benefit.
Given her background of lies and cover ups, I sure as Hell don't want her leading this country.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So, what she's saying is: she has friends (contributors) who manufacture solar energy equipment.

She doesn't do a damn thing unless there's something in it for her.
edit on 7/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think the air from this windbag would suffice. She could power the entire planet all by herself.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Didn't Obama do the exact same thing, only to have every single company he invested our tax dollars in go belly up? I wonder how many of those billions of dollars will make there way back to the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would hope this would be one of the areas where all sides would be happy to push for. renewable energy grid would do such a huge service to the nation (and world), but more importantly, with heavily reduced electric bills, more money can be pushed back into the economy. higher standard of living, cleaner energy, etc. all wins.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The master plan might be to install solar in the Libyan desert.

Then somebody could smuggle the power to other countries.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Didn't Obama do the exact same thing, only to have every single company he invested our tax dollars in go belly up? I wonder how many of those billions of dollars will make there way back to the Clinton Foundation.

Yup.

Lots of corruption on many of those deals.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I would hope this would be one of the areas where all sides would be happy to push for. renewable energy grid would do such a huge service to the nation (and world), but more importantly, with heavily reduced electric bills, more money can be pushed back into the economy. higher standard of living, cleaner energy, etc. all wins.

Unfortunately, Obama even admitted the end user costs would skyrocket.

link   
What difference, at this point, does ANYTHING this lying windbag says make?

link   

Renewable energy is great.

My question is: who's paying for all those solar panels and equipment?

edit on 7/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

heavily reduced electric bills

Please don't be so naive. That's how we wound up with Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

But Bone... if you like your power company, you can keep your power company.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

But Bone... if you like your power company, you can keep your power company.

Suuuure. Fool me once....

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How "realistic" is this master plan of hers?

Given that in the last six months alone we've seen announcements by several new and existing companies of their developments in energy collection, use reduction and electricity storage, and given that renewable energy is now considered to be a significant growth business and predicted to continue to be in the next decade at least, I would say it's entirely plausible.

Renewable Energy News

Just the last year alone we have seen some excellent developments in the business, and if there's a concerted effort to push this across the US there could be millions of people running everything through renewable energy within a few years. All it will take is the investment, the motivation and the leadership to achieve it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The master plan might be to install solar in the Libyan desert.

Then somebody could smuggle the power to other countries.

Yeah. Tried that. Didn't really work out.

But it does shed some kind of bad image, speaking ill of regenerating energies, right?
Because it happens all over the world, more people are producing it in their backyards.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hilary is a poser:

Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday introduced legislation to make solar energy more accessible to low-income families. “While the cost of solar panels has gone down in recent years, it is still out of reach for millions of low-income families that need it the most,” said Sanders. “Families across this country struggle to pay electricity bills and access to solar energy can help reduce these costs.”

source

Nothing like copying off someone else’s work, but then that's Hilary for you!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Unfortunately, Obama even admitted the end user costs would skyrocket.

I dont see that in the article, nor do I understand the reasoning behind such a claim.
I have been investigating in solar panels for myself (making my own actually) and its a initial investment, but pays for itself in a few years. initial investment is of course just that, an investment, but long term is outstanding for savings.

I have the luxury of entertaining personal wind and solar power given I am in florida in sort of the backwoods. plenty of sunshine here, but someone in say, nyc living in a small flat in the center of some people cube can't really create a solar farm, so a solution by big gub'ment needs to happen for those folks..meaning large state or federal solar farms.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Dont be a cynic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join