It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.O.D. is What Is Wrong With This Planet...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: stolencar18

I do my part try doing yours instead of making excuses and labeling me a hypocrite and a preacher. I am neither and you need to go look in the mirror and judge your own actions and behavior.

Whether our ego and conscious will allow it, we are all hypocritical. And you are no exception. When you shamed everyone in your original post you painted a bulls-eye on yourself, making it OK for others to point out your hypocrisy's.

And I don't believe the other poster was trying to troll you, but rather point out the exact thing you hate, and despise is that same system you are buying into lock, stock and barrel.

His/her points are 100% valid and truthful, in regards to the computer, keyboard, and oil you are using currently. The reason you reacted so badly and called them a troll was that they were right.

You say you are doing your part, but a person that was completely against what you have posted in the OP wouldn't even be posting here on ATS, they would be living in a remote area, no light, no internet, living off of the land, and using only what nature provided.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

― Mahatma Gandhi
edit on 28-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sounds like you are upset mostly that we live in a monetary based economy. Now, there are plenty of faults with this type of economy. However, what do you propose?

A more cynical person than me you will have trouble finding. However, even in this economy, slowly but surely the overall quality of life on the planet is, in fact, improving. Here in the United States, even the lifestyle of those in "poverty" have a better life than those in "poverty" in generations past. Are there still places on Earth that are complete hell-holes? Absolutely. However, little by little technology will reach them as well (which includes food and medical care distribution). I read an article not too long ago about certain parts of the globe where there are more people with cell phones than indoor plumbing. Sounds almost comical but imagine how having access to cell phones changes the lives of people in what we would call "the third world."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Our value system is completely screwed up when we place more emphasis on an accumulation of fake monetary constructs that are supposed to define our worth.

My higher power, the source of all, is sadly disappointed in the choices humans have made.

The only thing of value is the one thing taken for granted; life.

This right here is probably one of the best quotes I have personally seen on here for a while, I like it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Perhaps you should read the OP again. Shame on everyone that places the value of human life over the G.O.D.

Do you think human worth is based on an accumulation of materialistic BS? I don't.

I dared anyone to argue this with me because if you do think the OP was hypocritical and I am in this group you are fortunately wrong in your assessment.

I value human life. Too bad you don't.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I feel sorry for you. You fixated on the wrong thing. Try reading my revised version. I changed it to help those who decided that I was hypocritical in my OP. Take the time to read it and then argue. Condescending? No. Honest. Yes. How does it change? One person at a time has to decide what is more important.

Yes. We all do live in this society. But we all do not place the same emphasis on fake BS.
edit on 28-7-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Okay I have removed all the pictures and the otherwise abstract opinionated crap from my OP. The revised version is for your eyes to read. Argue away.

Our value system is completely screwed up when we place more emphasis on an accumulation of fake monetary constructs that are supposed to define our worth.

The only thing of value is the one thing taken for granted; life.

Why is more value placed on crap than life? You are rich and I am poor. Do you have more value than me? You are young and I am old. Do you have more value than me? You are religious and I am atheist. Do you have more value than me? You are white and I am black. Do you have more value than me? You are American and I am illegal. Do you have more value than me?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

Thank you. Too bad most have fixated on the other aspects. I myself have decided I got to wordy and revised the OP. The main focus was and should be the value of human life. Judging others worth on the accumulation of materialistic crap or the color of their skin or any other ridiculous notions is a horrible way to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong. I rewrote the OP and now try to read it from a different perspective. I allowed certain people to derail the intent. Take a moment to read the revised version.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I do not think you do either, do you?

I am a vegetarian, I recycle and reuse and never waste. I value non material things and refuse to build up a pile of nice crap...I live outside the world mostly but I would never leave myself off the "list' unless I got rid of my TV, my computer, my vehicle stopped using any can or product or fuel that means industry had to make it or that damaged the planet in any way...we are all responsible everyone together but a few very special people out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Perhaps you should read the OP again. Shame on everyone that places the value of human life over the G.O.D.

Do you think human worth is based on an accumulation of materialistic BS? I don't.

I dared anyone to argue this with me because if you do think the OP was hypocritical and I am in this group you are fortunately wrong in your assessment.

I value human life. Too bad you don't.

You ask people to argue a point and statements you made.

There is a way to argue logically, but from your posts, replies and answers, it appears you discard the opinions of others and have blinders on.

It also appears that you are an angry person that judges everyone and everything, but doesn't look to themselves.

Just because we didn't answer your illogical statements that way you wanted, you judged by saying things like "I value human life. Too bad you don't".

I not only detect hypocrisy now, but also a bit of self-centered blindness.

Since this is in the religious section and not in the Rant, I will assume that this is a dogma of some sort and circular argumentation.

And with that I'm out of here.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The only one responding with anger and defensive posture is you. Clearly you failed to grasp the OP. Dig your heels in and stick your head in the sand and argue away at how you think human life is less important than the accumulation of fake bs. Delusional much?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The only one responding with anger and defensive posture is you. Clearly you failed to grasp the OP. Dig your heels in and stick your head in the sand and argue away at how you think human life is less important than the accumulation of fake bs. Delusional much?

This planet is full of hatred and disdain for life.

Typically when I see statements like this it reflects the persons mind or inner world that is posting it. That's ok we all go through phases.

We live in a material world.

Our bodies are physical vehicles that require the killing of plants, animals, and more to exist. It's called survival.

People are materialistic some more than others, this will never change here on earth.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Platinum
Oil
Diamonds

Guess they couldn't call him Pod, that's already taken.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have always theorized that the reason humans are a nomadic species is because if you give us enough time, we ruin every environment we inhabit and are forced to move on to another one. I just hope we dont start doing it with planets as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I am a vegetarian, I recycle and reuse and never waste. I value non material things and refuse to build up a pile of nice crap...I live outside the world mostly but I would never leave myself off the "list' unless I got rid of my TV, my computer, my vehicle stopped using any can or product or fuel that means industry had to make it or that damaged the planet in any way...we are all responsible everyone together but a few very special people out there.

You poop, it gets flushed, and ends up in a river or the ocean somewhere....that's waste.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Why is everyone who disagrees with you delusional, or wrong, and why should they be shameful?

Everyone here is as entitled to an opinion as you are, even if you disagree. Also, many people enjoy the benefits of your silly trifecta of evil goods and still value human life just fine.

Personally I value gold, oil, diamonds, (and platinum, etc, as others have mentioned) more than I value people who choose to live negative lives. Read: CHOOSE to live a negative life. If you CHOOSE to live a negative life, which you sound like you have, I value you less than oil, gold, etc. Why? These material things improve my life, and that of my family, and most people in the world. Intentional negativity? It has no value to me.

SO I guess you are right. Some people do value a drop of oil more than they value....you.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong. I rewrote the OP and now try to read it from a different perspective. I allowed certain people to derail the intent. Take a moment to read the revised version.

So...
3 pages of people posted opinions on your OP and then you rewrote it to attempt to invalidate their posts?
Do you know what a debate is? In sort, a debate occurs when several people present varying opinions or facts about an issue. A debate has a beginning, and progresses towards an end.
What you have done is start a debate, and then change the original topic to make everyone else seem wrong.

Why don't you stick to what you wrote? If you were too wordy, clarify it in another post. Don't take away half the stuff people responded to.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: Char-Lee

You poop, it gets flushed, and ends up in a river or the ocean somewhere....that's waste.

Actually it goes in our septic gets degraded to nutrients that feed the plants.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wish we could delete our own posts.
edit on 28-7-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join