It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh what a job this would be for me!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well I went to the dark side again lol I opened a bank account at my least favorite bank, Bank Of America. I had switched to a local bank but they were very inconvenient for my needs and I was getting frustrated so last week on a whim and being extremely annoyed I pulled into BOA and opened an account.

While chatting with the guy I randomly asked if they were hiring, something I do allll the time right now looking for work. He perked up and said yes they were at various locations and it was FULL TIME! I haven't found one full time job listing in 6 months! I have worked in banking before and even though I don't agree with some of their practices I get the system and actually enjoyed working in the bank. Great hours, holidays off, weekends off! It's perfect for my son with daycare, every other place I apply wants nights and weekend availability but I can't because I don't have childcare.

The starting pay is $11-13 an hour! I would take that in a heartbeat, both are part of my lucky number trio, 7 being the first!

The guy I spoke with while opening the account said I would be perfect for the job and they've been looking for people with the right personality and skill set. Well hello I have no issue talking to people! He introduced me to the manager who took my name down and told me to call after I applied and took the assessment test. This was Friday. I will go into the branch I applied for on Wednesday and introduce myself and inquire about my app.

I would love this job! It would be great while I'm in school and it's just perfect for my son and I and there are benefits! Woohoo! I haven't had employee benefits since 2007! Also two weeks vacation, paid a year! Hot damn! Sick pay, haven't had that in forever at a job either!

I feel I was meant to go in there for the job not the account. If I wasn't so pissed at my other bank I never would have stepped foot in a BOA LOL. sounds silly but I see it as a sign!

So I need all the positive vibes, prayers and well wishes you can muster! I've been getting very depressed looking for work, doing all these silly personality tests and never hearing a word back.
edit on 7/27/2015 by mblahnikluver because: iPad autocorrect issues!

edit on 7/27/2015 by mblahnikluver because: Stupid autocorrect

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

My aunt started as a teller for Bank of NY (now Chasse) and is currently Regional VP in their S&L division. Plenty of advancement opportunity.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Close the account and open one at a Credit Union, same as a bank but much better, I can use any ATM Free, no grotesque Fees. Online Banking, Remote Deposit. No Big Bank Bloated Devil Worshippers. Bank Tellers all look like Yoda too.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Good luck with your new job !
I think it is a sign too, I don't think it's silly.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Close the account and open one at a Credit Union, same as a bank but much better, I can use any ATM Free, no grotesque Fees. Online Banking, Remote Deposit. No Big Bank Bloated Devil Worshippers. Bank Tellers all look like Yoda too.

I didn't ask for banking advice! Please go elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Best of luck to you.

I hope it all works out, it really does sound like this job was meant for you

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Oh good for you, reflecting back on my life, some of the best things that happened to me were crazy things where I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Best of luck on getting hired, it sounds promising and meant to be.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Also credit unions aren't all that. Everything you just described that a credit union gives you so does a big bank. I am not worried about ATM fees because I NEVER use one and if I need to BOA is everywhere and I'm not worried about a measly fee if I had to pay one. I know many people with credit unions and they're unhappy and have left for bigger banks.

I had a Wells Fargo account as well. I had all the same perks as a CU. Remote banking, online banking and my favorite for both big banks is depositing checks with my phone! I pay no fees either and I have overdraft protection. Clearly you don't know much about banks. I'm not a fan at all of banks hell I've called BOA Bank of Evil for years but I understand the basic banking process having worked in banking and it's a great way to have a career while in school.

Saying they look like Yoda? Really grow up!

I want a job, steady income and security. This would give me that.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I'll keep my fingers crossed, good luck!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'll keep my fingers crossed, good luck!

Beezer! How are ya!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Also credit unions aren't all that. Everything you just described that a credit union gives you so does a big bank. I am not worried about ATM fees because I NEVER use one and if I need to BOA is everywhere and I'm not worried about a measly fee if I had to pay one. I know many people with credit unions and they're unhappy and have left for bigger banks.

I had a Wells Fargo account as well. I had all the same perks as a CU. Remote banking, online banking and my favorite for both big banks is depositing checks with my phone! I pay no fees either and I have overdraft protection. Clearly you don't know much about banks. I'm not a fan at all of banks hell I've called BOA Bank of Evil for years but I understand the basic banking process having worked in banking and it's a great way to have a career while in school.

Saying they look like Yoda? Really grow up!

I want a job, steady income and security. This would give me that.

You said you were going to the dark side, lighten up, chump.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

So bitter! It's not OP's fault you came in here and spewed random garbage. He/she jokingly said they were going back to the dark side, and you're telling him/her to lighten up. You're the chump.
edit on 27-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Working in a bank is a great idea. Itll give you a solid spot on your resume, keep your skills sharp, and provide exposure to local business accounts that (from my own playbook) may be on the lookout for someone with light accounting and solid customer service.

Good luck...fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Chump? Yea if you knew me it was a Star Wars reference which I make often on here. I still didn't ask for banking advice.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Working in a bank is a great idea. Itll give you a solid spot on your resume, keep your skills sharp, and provide exposure to local business accounts that (from my own playbook) may be on the lookout for someone with light accounting and solid customer service.

Good luck...fingers crossed.

Thank you!

I worked for First Union years ago and loved it. I had one particular German man who came to see me only, if I was at lunch he would wait. He recognized my last name as German and told me about the family name and where they were, years later I found out he was correct! He use to bring me chocolates and little trinkets. He gifted me a really nice pen one time as well. People like him are why I like customer service of any kind. He was always so pleasant and made up for any of the bitter angry ones who came in. Heck honestly I never blamed anyone for being upset, it's money and money can one a but crazy!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

It sounds like a great opportunity for you. I wish you the best of luck in getting the job.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Congratulations!
You sound like the kind of bank employee I actually enjoy doing business with. Friendly, good attitude and most of all, actually want to be there. I hate going in the bank and dealing with someone who obviously doesn't care what your problem is or if they can help. Last week, I went to the drive in window and the employee working it was a female, roughly 20 - 24. I pulled up, she said "Hello, just a minute" and having left the microphone on, went on to spend 7 minutes talking to her boyfriend on the phone. She didn't realize I could hear her and pretended to shuffle papers and look busy, but I could hear every word. I never let on I could hear or that I was in a hurry. Just sat and waited. When she finally hung up, she came back and said "Sorry, I had to take that call from my manager" I said "Unless you call your manager sweet heart and baby, I think you're lying". After my transaction, I parked, went in and talked to the manager about how long I sat and why. From his reaction, this was not her first complaint.
Since then, I've been back there 3 times. I haven't seen her anywhere.
edit on 27-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Good luck with the job. The Star Wars reference gave me a chuckle so here's one in return.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One of the best and most important jobs in my life I got by just talking to a person I had never see before. So go for it and lots of positive vibs sent your way

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Jobs are Jobs. You don't need to love banks to work at one. I hope you get it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join