It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former 'Daily Show' writer: Jon Stewart told me to "f— off" when challenged about black joke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: johnwick

at this point i keep looking around hoping snooki or octomom will make a return. I'd much rather have lowbrow to comment on than this manufactured racial nonsense.

Im still holding out hope that Tonya Harding whacks someone in the leg again. Something. Anything.

Whatever did happen to those news stories?

Now days, if it doesn't have a possible racial slant, it gets no play.

I miss the days of Nancy kerigan Tonya Harding, it was a pretty damned good time to be alive in America.

Maybe though, the situation is actually so bad, the only way to maintain the bread and circus bs is to detract us with race.

Perhaps we have been so desensitised, this is the only way they have to get our attention to try to sell their bs.

Either way,
, two thumbs down from me.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
I really liked Wyatt. But as Stewart said in the same conversation, paraphrase, "you didn't have a problem when I imitated Chuck Schumer". It's like the death of Comedy. I suppose making fun of white people is ok, seems to be at the forefront of comedy.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Answer
Anyone who has seen The Daily Show a few times knows that Jon Stewart is anything but racist.

I'd say he's more emotionally invested in racial and gender equality than any other media personality.

Or he is an actor.

Exactly!!!!

When seeing someone on TV they can be whoever they want.

Assuming he is not racist based on his TV personality is illogical.

That is like saying Stallone is one of the baddest boxers of all time because you saw the Rocky movies.

Really?

You don't think Jon Stewart has control over the topics and people that are on the show?

The man isn't a racist. I think he got upset at the idea of censorship, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
1) This dude worked on the DAILY SHOW and got butthurt about a joke? Was he offended about the jokes Jon makes about himself for being Jewish? If not, is that prejudice?

2) I think a mod should edit the OP declaring he was NOT fired, as OP does not correct this.

3) Jon Stewart is Jewish. And by default, Jews cannot be racist, only the victims of racism.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is just more racial witch hunting that has been allowed by the Obama goon squad.
This is like 3 years old supposedly and nothing was done about it then, kind of like a many year old illegally taped private conversation with millions of dollars in litigation on the line......oh wait that was the wrestler story. So has this writer guy been trying to sue for over the past 3 years and taking his case to the court of public opinion to cash out on too?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Anyone who has seen The Daily Show a few times knows that Jon Stewart is anything but racist.

I'd say he's more emotionally invested in racial and gender equality than any other media personality.

You know from watching a tv show that Jon Stewart isn't racist?
In that case let's lynch Carrol O'Conner cause I saw every episode of All in the Family.
Stewart projects a very congenial image and seems genuinely likable and funny.
That is no guarantee though that what you see is what you get.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Do you know how many writers get in and then they sign that disclaimer in their contract that says they aren't to talk about what is going on at work and if they don't like it they don't like it they can take it to the company office.

And then they forget about it after some diva dude says f- off and cry about it on the internet. Then the corporation comes around and sues them for breach of contract. Okay then, I'm done here.

There is something about writing where you want to provoke people, it is about tone and delivery. Hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

You know from watching a tv show that Jon Stewart isn't racist?
In that case let's lynch Carrol O'Conner cause I saw every episode of All in the Family.
Stewart projects a very congenial image and seems genuinely likable and funny.
That is no guarantee though that what you see is what you get.

Right... so you don't watch the show, then?

If Jon Stewart is a racist and he's been hiding it that well all these years whenever he talks about issues of equality and invites a multitude of guests on the show who are champions of civil rights, he deserves like 50 Oscars for best actor.

I'm not simply talking about the man's words.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The guy is a high ranking zio-shill. He literally goes to israel to get briefed on how to spread his commie crap to dopey, college aged morons. Hell, he doesn't even use his real name which is liebowitz or something similar.

Stop identifying with tv, nothing on it is real.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Arpad

How does that make sense considering how critical he has been off Israel's government?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Arpad

How does that make sense considering how critical he has been off Israel's government?

Just plying the masses. Don't get me wrong, the guy is hillarious and really talented. But some people started taking a news mocking show and viewed it as real, and john and steve took advantage of that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arpad
The guy is a high ranking zio-shill. He literally goes to israel to get briefed on how to spread his commie crap to dopey, college aged morons. Hell, he doesn't even use his real name which is liebowitz or something similar.

Stop identifying with tv, nothing on it is real.

Commie crap?

Where the hell do you get this nonsense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join