It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pope a Catholic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Their libraries that no one ever sees are filled with many tasty tidbits of history

A lot of people, including me, think that there are more books to the Bible in those vaults. Also I think that there are occult texts that have been confiscated hidden in there.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by invader_chris]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris

A lot of people, including me, think that there are more books to the Bible in those vaults. Also I think that there are occult texts that have been confiscated hidden in there.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by invader_chris]

I wouldn't doubt it but Catholicism did come about much later than Christianity in general so much may have been lost/destroyed along the way. The rumor is the papal staff were excellent record keepers and documented all the payoffs (donations) to the church to cover up all the royal naughtiness along the way....

Lot's of people would flip of they saw how just contrived their church was....

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
preposterous! (lol)
Wanting a new world order doesnt imply any satanic agenda. Honestly, doesnt anyone think the world could be better than it is? AND coming from the "P-man", it seems absurd to even inquire, let alone imply such a thing.

The Pope IS Roman Catholic.

If the Pope were the antichrist, wouldnt he have made himself more popular to the world? A little too late to start now, dont you think?(even though he is the most popular Pope ever, which is odd, since religion by percentage is at its lowest point worldwide, especially in the U.S., then ever a time before.)

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I do agree with you Invader, that many records and passages have probably been hidden or destroyed over history, but I think we have enough info at our fingertips to be good "Christian" people if we so desire.

In fact, over time, more documents have been uncovered that were obviously hidden by someone at the time of Moses (maybe he himself). I dont remember what they were but I think it was something like 2 more commandments. Also Revelations was added to the end of The Bible (NT) long after its original compilation. It was also written in code.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
1. So let me get this straight, the Pope doesn't know that the new world order is a luciferian plot by a few wealthy elite to enslave mankind?

so I guess Bush Sr also didn't know what he was talking about when he kept saying the word in speeches in the early 90s

2. The catholic church is not the true church. The only true churches of God are the 7 churches the Bible speaks of. All other Churches are not holy.

Would a true church of God have homosexual pedophilia and cover it up? NO!
The catholic church pretty much exposed itself with the pedophilia scandals

when you go to church, who are you worshipping?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
so Catholicism cannot be a true religion because it wasnt mentioned in The Bible? Lutheranism wasnt mentioned either, yet it was founded to be the truest of Christian religions, because the Christian church of the time was contorting the scriptures to suit their needs for power and monetary gain. Martin Luther came long after The Bible was written, yet he challenged the Church, and brought the Word to the people as it was meant to be preached, and not twisted for the greed of others. After some research, I feel that if it were not for events like these, Christianity would have faded extremely- because poor people werent allowed to practice and were thought of as "not included" in God's great scheme of things. By common sense, we know that there are FAR more poor people in the world than rich people, so with less to spread "the Word", it is my belief that Christianity might be near extinction today.
Catholicism is merely a branch/sub-devision/of the Christian faith and not a religion in itself. It is another interpretation of the Bible, as is the Lutheran, the Baptist, etc.
To imply that ONLY Catholic priests and elders are guilty of such sinful things as pedophilia, is completely absurd! Just because you only know of those cases dont make them isolated to just Catholics. They were just the cases that got the most press- what you should focus on is the fact that the Catholics "confessed" and took responsibility for the disgressions- and the many other guilty parties still conceal the truth.
The Catholic church came clean and are dealing with the situation with honor and honesty, what can be said of the other religions?
Who is it that you worship?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Don't let the guise of world peace and bringing all religions together fool you. Because if a religion stays true to it's root beliefs then it just wouldn't fit together with another religion. you can't squeeze the square into the triangular hole, no matter how u turn it.

When Governments and Religions begin to unite into one, Then you will see that all the things that Christ spoke of is coming to past. Then there won't be any more excuses for not believing in him.

PS. The true church is not as large as some would like to have you to believe. Christ said that only a few would heed his voice and follow him. Wide is the road to perdition and many be that follow that road, But narrow is the road to eternal life, and there be few who find it.

People. An affirmation in word alone won't get you to heaven. It must be in word and in deed. Christ said only those who obey him will get into the kingdom. Not those who affirm by mouth that they're christian and live a life that would put Judah's betrayel to shame. Yes I said judah, Judas is the Roman version of Judah.

[edit on 12/29/04 by Hailthekingoflights]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It seems like the kind of person that would consider the Pope to be the Antichrist is the same kind of person that buys into those bull tabloids with articles like "Bat Boy Found" or "Hitler is Alive...and a Woman!" As much as I enjoy conspiracies and mysteries, I am fully skeptic of my earthly religious leader being the Satanic Messiah.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There was a previous comment about the Pope's throne having an upside down cross, implying this was satanic or sinister. If I'm not mistaken the upside down cross is attributed to Peter, the Rock and the source of the Catholic Church's authority. Peter was executed by cruxifiction, however he chose to be crucified upside down because he felt he wasn't worthy to die in the same fasion as Christ. So, considering the history it would be a fitting symbol for the papacy.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by merovingian
I thought the pictures section showing the popes throne with an inverted cross interesting.

Lets just think for a moment, the papacy is the antichrist and they tell everyone by having an upside down cross?

The apostle Peter is beleived by the papacy to effectively be the first pope and the rock of the RCC. He was execute by crucifixtion, however, he felt he didn't even deserve to die in the same manner as christ, so he had them crucify him upside down.

invader chris
I believe the above post more, about how the Pope may be an Illuminati agent.

The pope has to be voted on by a college of cardinals, hows an 'illuminati' agent supposed to get voted in by them? Its not like the guy who is the pope is some unknown, he had a life before being the pope, he's not just some creation of some imgainary global conspiracy.

mero
What could be even worse is what will happen when JP2 is gone and a new pope is put in place.

Why would it be worse? If the current pope is the antichrist then why would it be worse? The plausible candidates are already known, its a matter that is up to the cardinals now for the most part.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Although I am not a Christian or a Catholic, I admire anyone who took a stand against Bush the way that this Pope has, at times, done. I have done a little research into his life and it is pretty amazing, I have got to respect this guy whether or not I share his religious beliefs.

Keep this in mind though, Vatican City does govern itself, in every way. It is also the only church state to which almost every developed country has an ambassador. Catholicism isn't just a religion, it is a form of government.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Let us not contribute to false reports. The article does not quote JPII as having said the words; "new world order." and the man cannot be incriminated for saying the word; 'order. Nor should it be misrepresented as being new as with the meaning implied to the three word term.

Now I have no reason to defend the Vatican, because I hold no reverence for the institution, but I do believe in correct reporting.

If someone can obtain a transcript of his speech where he specifically calls it a "new world order" then I would willingly retract this very rare defence.

[edit on 1/13/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

prominent members of society, like Pat Robertson, use public venues and publications to signal their illuminati allegiance. (In the photo to the left, Robertson uses the masonic Lion's Paw sign)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join