It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are running on economic momentum from the very early 1900's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I can't stand minumum wage debates anymore so here I am starting another one.

First off, It is mind blowing to me that people think that other people having more money is bad for the economy. News flash, jokes on you. More people with more money is better than less people with more money. It's really simple.

Now secondly, the real reason for this thread and trust me I know it's been said before.

We have more technology making it easier for us to meet the needs of the economy with fewer workers creating a situation where we no longer require everyone to be working in order to maintain supply. What this is doing is creating a situation where jobs really are no longer needed. The best part is we are resting on the precipice of a new form of crestive intelligence slowly manifesting into the world through computers known as artificial Intelligence. At this point in time technology will totally replace the need for humans and it will begin to create itself through 3d printing.

Move over people time to start rethinking our culture government and economy and make room for the fast approaching new age of technology.

edit on 7/26/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think what we need to see happening is our wealth being spread more evenly regarding our work force. Then again chance would be a fine thing indeed.

Thing that really gets my goat is the bankers who are responsible for the mess still make there massive bonuses no matter the situation, or so it seems to me.
edit on 26-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You know, they've been selling us technological salvation for a long time now.

Pretty slick marketing ploy, no? "Our products will save humanity from the drudgery of daily toil for all time." I'll buy that for a dollar.

But. I still seem to be working my ass off to keep afloat, making other people richer in the process.

How about you? Where is our technological emancipation? I don't see it anywhere.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Long as it doesn't get this ^ bad....

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Life has gotten easier for everyone didn't you notice?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If you want to create a living wage I am fine with that, but it has to be for everyone, not just the legitimate and illegitimate poor and those unwilling to put forth any effort. I am tired of certain individuals thinking they are special and somehow deserve a handout. You are not any more of a special snowflake than the rest of us who worked our tail ends off to get where we are, and you do not deserve part of what we worked so hard to achieve without putting in the effort yourself.

Everybody gets it or nobody does as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Did you read the entire post or just the first paragraph?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am very familiar with your battle for a living wage, and I am now fine with that, but only if you are advocating for everyone and not just yourself and individuals like you.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Not once in the OP did I mention a livable wage.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I agree with what you said in the first paragraph.

The second paragraph gave me chills, not the good kind either. Truly frightening horrifying scenario, sounds like something out of a bad sci fi movie.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

It's crazy but look at the general direction technology is taking us in.

It's not far fetched to think that the robot arms and legs they are creating will be tied into the Google brain technology and create with automation technology similar to that of 3d printing. Not crazy to think that the technology being developed by DARPA and Google for self driving cars won't be used in this either.

Hell it's only a few years away.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Then what is the point of your OP if not a liveable wage or some other handout system?
edit on 7/26/2015 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The point is we need a new system of trade worked out because people aren't needed to do the work anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Suggestions for a new economic model?
Do you propose that it be governmentally mandated?

edit on 7/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And your solution in this case would be what exactly? I have a feeling I know exactly where this is going.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I have no solution how about you offer something other than, "you just want handouts don't you?"

Or is that literally the only thought you can process?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Your other posts would seem to suggest that a "living wage" as a minimum would be a solution.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My other post in other threads with different topics present in the OP correct?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Winner winner chicken dinner. That is exactly where it is going, and as long as he is advocating for everyone and not just himself and others like him, I can get behind it. From what I have read in other threads though, I am afraid that is not what would happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Nothing of substance.

Is that typical from you 2?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join