It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the anti-christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was wondering if anybody could give me information on what the bible says about the return of the anti-christ, signs of such, what he's supposed to be like, etc...

as well as any comparable things in other religions if you can?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just know a few off the top of my head...

the anti-Christ will rebuild the Temple of Solomon.
He will perform many miracles and cure the sick.

Ok, I only know two.

In Islam, the anti-Christ will be killed by Christ. Who better than Jesus himself.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wait, the anti christ will heal the sick and perform miracles? Doesn't that make jesus the anti christ? Heck, the anti christ will be doing more than god ever does nowadays if that is true.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Wait, the anti christ will heal the sick and perform miracles? Doesn't that make jesus the anti christ? Heck, the anti christ will be doing more than god ever does nowadays if that is true.

No, because the ant-Christ will be doing all this claiming to be the Christ. That is what makes him the anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The antichrist will not rebuild the Temple of Solomon. The rebuilding of the temple of Solomon will be a sign that the antichrist is on the scene. The temple will be rebuilt by the Jewish people.

A response to the signs involved with the tribulation, which is the period of time in which the antichrist comes to power, will be a fairly time-consuming effort. I don't have that time right now, but would be glad to follow up at a later date.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I expected that the response would be rather long

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The antichrist will not rebuild the Temple of Solomon. The rebuilding of the temple of Solomon will be a sign that the antichrist is on the scene. The temple will be rebuilt by the Jewish people.

A response to the signs involved with the tribulation, which is the period of time in which the antichrist comes to power, will be a fairly time-consuming effort. I don't have that time right now, but would be glad to follow up at a later date.

Ah, yes. My knowledge on the Temple has always been shaky. Then it's the anti-Christ that will sit on the Throne inside the Temple and claim to be God?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All that I remember is that he will exult himslef above all, honoring no god except Baal (Satan). He is lamb like (making himself out to be gentle, good, wise) but speaks as a dragon (speaking things that are contrary to biblical teachings concerning the afterlife, salvation, etc.). Will decieve the whole world (tied with new world order) and make the mark of the beast mandatory to buy and sell, it will be inserted IN the right hand or forehead. (This is possible with chip implants.) Will behead all who resist him. Proclaim to be the christ. Practice the craft (witchcraft) understanding dark sentences, I believe. Will preform great signs and wonders (which are bestowed by evil spirits).
Umm, that's all I can think of at the moment. Hope that helps some. Sorry if I put any misinfo in there.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Save time and bandwidth and hit the archives: the identity of the AntiChrist is second only to the Presidency of Ultra-Phoenix as a topic.
Still it's nice to see the Golden Oldies (MOuldies) back again - it must be weeks since the last time.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Read the book of Revelations...all the way at the back of the Bible... The original Omen (movie) did a good job at involving some of the references as well....

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
lol i'm to lazy to read the book of revelations, i've tried before, it's not an easy thing to read

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
or long either... Just remember, different verses sometimes (often) restate the same thing, so you can kind of skip them if they don't relate to the antichrist...

Don't have my Bible handy....or I'd pick em out quick for ya....

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The temple will be rebuilt by the Jewish people.

Not so it seems. If you read the Prophets carefully, you'll see that it will probably be rebuilt by gentile workers. And eventhough I've heared several people say that it's the AntiChrist who will rebuild the Temple, I've never actually been able to find any proof of this, though. Never heared that he would heal people. But it seems the AntiChrist is of the same family as the ones who destroyed the Temple in 70 AD. Prince Charles of Wales seems to be the most popular choice among the beast-spotters as to whom is given the "honour" of being the AntiChrist: His name and title adds up to 666 in Greek and Hebrew geometry, his royal crest looks like a conspiracy detective's wet dream with seven bear feeted lions with leopard bodies, ten horns, even alittle red dragon and two delicacies of mottoes, one of them being "Evil to him who thinks evil", his name means "man" or "manly", he's of the same family as the ones who sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD etc. etc. The list is long. I'll see if I can dig up some some links for this one. Pretty amazing stuff...

In the Koran, Jesus is called Issa. He's refered a couple of places directly, but some people wants it that several other places is about him. About the AntiChrist in the Koran, he's called Dajjal and starts off his "career" in Syria where he will be spotted riding on a white donkey. He'll try to enter Mecca, but will not be able to. He will claim to be God/Allah and even be able to let fire come down from the sky at will. Jesus/Issa will destroy him on his return.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's also a good idea to read the book of Daniel and maybe Zephaniah, along with Revalation if you are interested with the apocolyptic propecies and events. Ofcourse you'll find information throughout many other books of the Bible which researchers seem to overlook.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by subalterna
It's also a good idea to read the book of Daniel and maybe Zephaniah, along with Revalation if you are interested with the apocolyptic propecies and events. Ofcourse you'll find information throughout many other books of the Bible which researchers seem to overlook.

Infact, the Book of Revelation seems to refer to the whole Tannakh or Old Testament if you like. There are also referances beyond the books of the bible. The Koran and books connected to Jewish mystics are also valuable sources. The thing with the Book of Revelation is that it never stops revelating and reveiling. In many ways one can say it is a sealed book.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Christian eschatology seems to get more confused these days than ever before. This is not helped out by the number of characters in Revelation (the woman who rides the beast, the beast with 10 horns, angels, bowls, trumpets, dragons, rams, and so forth.) Depending on WHICH sect you follow, some of the above are also identified with the Antichrist as well as bestowing The Dreaded Mark. And then there's all the other things that are associated with him such as earthquake increase (which, by the way, isn't happening this year.)

He's supposed to bring a worldwide peace during which the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem is rebuilt.

And in ONE numerological system (there are hundreds), the value of his name is supposed to be 666. The writer never actually specifies which system or how this is obtained.

Only the Christian religions have this belief. The other apocalyptic religions (such as the Norse) had rather different scenarios (Gotterdammerung) and the Hindu beliefs of making and unmaking the universe in a cycle is actually fairly close to the physics of a closed universe system.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
#1: And then there's all the other things that are associated with him such as earthquake increase (which, by the way, isn't happening this year.)

#2: And in ONE numerological system (there are hundreds), the value of his name is supposed to be 666. The writer never actually specifies which system or how this is obtained.

#1: It's a little early to say that, isn't it?

#2: At the time the Book of Revelation was written it was actually common to address eachother by the numerical value of his/her name. In Hebrew and Greek (which is the language Revelation was written in) geometry/gematria. You see In these alfabets the letters have also go a numerical value: Alef/Alfa=1 Bet/Beta=2 etc. There should be little or no doubt which numerical system is used here: Hebrew or Greek geometry.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
#1: It's a little early to say that, isn't it?

Not really. There's been a lot of postings by people with access to the data (reliable stuff) pointing this out to the hysterical. Planet-X-ers and others expecting Jesus Any Minute tweak the data to disprove it.

#2: At the time the Book of Revelation was written it was actually common to address eachother by the numerical value of his/her name.

We've got at LOT of manuscripts from that time period (including letters by Church fathers and so forth), and none of them start "Dear 2457" or whatever. So... do you have good proof for your extraordinary claim?

Something with links to letters and manuscripts showing the use of numbers instead of names? I can show you the book of Acts (written within 10-20 years of the date) and Hebrews (dated within 5 years of Revelation) and Jude, ditto, as proof that they addressed each other and referred to each other by names.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Something with links to letters and manuscripts showing the use of numbers instead of names? I can show you the book of Acts (written within 10-20 years of the date) and Hebrews (dated within 5 years of Revelation) and Jude, ditto, as proof that they addressed each other and referred to each other by names.

Just as it is common today to refer to eachother by the astrological totems ex. "Hello, I'm Marius, I'm a fish" it was common at the time to refer also to numerology ex. "Hello, I'm Marius, my life path number is 3". They believed that certain numbers were better or more holy than others etc. We don't need any manuscripts to proove anything here, I think. It should be obvious. Search for numerology within the timeframe given, and you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If the Anti-Christ heals the sick claiming that he has the powers of God and that he is in someway Jesus... If we already know this than when he comes along first word of him someone will kill him. I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Somehow were missing something. We can't know this much about what will happen and not stop it from happening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join