It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun: MPAA Emails Reveal Plan To Run Anti-Google Smear Campaign Via Today Show And WSJ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

However, in a filing on Thursday, Google revealed one of the few emails that they have been able to get access to so far, and it's stunning. It's an email between the MPAA and two of Jim Hood's top lawyers in the Mississippi AG's office, discussing the big plan to "hurt" Google.

Smoking Gun: MPAA Emails Reveal Plan To Run Anti-Google Smear Campaign Via Today Show And WSJ

there is some hard, and VERY damning, evidence apparently, in googles posession. i love seeing the enemy get so caught up in themselves, that they forget there are almost eight billion people on this earth who, given the right opportunities and information (you know.... if someone gave a sH*t) would turn on these institutions and parties involved, and make the world a better place. by "neglecting their audience", they have essentially threw each other through the saloon doors and into the street for everyone to see. i love a good fight, but the fact that the aggregate population control mechanism is imploding (baltimore, ferguson, justice system, death of bill of rights in NYC..... i can keep going, and going, and going.... (duracell, anyone?) causes me to believe something is amiss,(or "wake-up"...i just call people/institutions exhibiting this behavior evil..... or more simply put, "it's time for them to change, LOL, or go"

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
MSM vs MSM

kinda cool

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i am glad it is being seen more often. interesting things tend to fly out of the "mosh pit"...... like evidence of government corruption.... and teeth.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Op, these guys always work together, if it seems like they aren't, look somewhere else, that is where the true story is at.

This is just a distraction from a bigger, true story.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
a reply to: fixitwcw

Op, these guys always work together, if it seems like they aren't, look somewhere else, that is where the true story is at.

i know these guys work together.

This is just a distraction from a bigger, true story.

are you saying this is not true?
edit on 26-7-2015 by fixitwcw because: /quote] script error x2

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

In absolutely any power structure there are multiple, if not numerous factions, all with their own goals. It's pretty oversimplified to believe that all corporate interests are constantly and perfectly working together to screw over the common person. In fact, all our lives would be a whole lot worse if that were really the case. Are there other stories that are not being covered that should be? Of course, but I really doubt they need to manufacture disputes like this out of thin air. People's selfishness pretty much makes it happen automatically.

edit on 26-7-2015 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: elliotmtl

In absolutely any power structure there are multiple, if not numerous factions, all with their own goals. It's pretty oversimplified to believe that all corporate interests are constantly and perfectly working together to screw over the common person. In fact, all our lives would be a whole lot worse if that were really the case. Are there other stories that are not being covered that should be? Of course, but I really doubt they need to manufacture disputes like this out of thin air. People's selfishness pretty much makes it happen automatically.

Ever seen the movie " wag the dog"?

That is exactly what is happening.

The plebs, just can't see it, because they don't get enough info to see it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is what MPAA gets for discussing its nefarious plans via gmail.

Media: We want to make sure that the media is at the NAAG meeting. We propose working with MPAA (Vans), Comcast, and NewsCorp (Bill Guidera) to see about working with a PR firm to create an attack on Google (and others who are resisting AG efforts to address online piracy). This PR firm can be funded through a nonprofit dedicated to IP issues. The "live buys" should be available for the media to see, followed by a segment the next day on the Today Show (David green can help with this).
After the Today Show segment, you want to have a large investor of Google (George can help us determine that) come forward and say that Google needs to change its behavior/demand reform. Next, you want NewsCorp to develop and place an editorial in the WSJ emphasizing that Google's stock will lose value in the face of a sustained attack by AGs and noting some of the possible causes of action we have developed.

Aside from the serious implications of the issue at hand here,
the above paragraph is enlightening.

Here we begin to see, the sort of mechanics behind the media's deliberate manipulation of economic and social conditions.

It is astounding to think, that letters like this have been flying between the media and special interests for the lifetimes of most of us. Every day, cronies across the government, corporation, and media, battle for power over your mind and your actions.
Thus are we told whom to hate, whom to trust, in whom to invest and disinvest...

Companies and lives, even whole nations, are made and broken at executive whim because the media tells us it is so.

The term smoking gun gets thrown around in thread titles here: in this case, it seems apt.

This letter represents merely a link in the chain of command of the propagandizing power brokers.
We must be aware that behind EVERY news story we see, there lies a story such as this.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

i do not mean ALL, maybe "johnwick" does, and i would say if you go by sheer volume of market share, at least in the united states, he would be ALMOST 100% correct.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
a reply to: elliotmtl

i do not mean ALL, maybe "johnwick" does, and i would say if you go by sheer volume of market share, at least in the united states, he would be ALMOST 100% correct.

Thank you, for seeing the truth as it smacks you in the face.

So what happened that this story is blinding us to?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

i don't believe i have ran into you on here yet, but i am glad that i did. excellent points, and i am wondering if was wrong to make the "opinion" section of my post so brief. regardless, you have now brought an opinion (fact cough cough) that will open up that can of worms anyway. i guess i should have taken the percieved future trolling coming your way by ranting a little more, but i was afraid that this important info would already go unnoticed because most people i know don't have a clue even of what the motion picture association of america is. maybe this post will draw some of the sheeple shot.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Anything less than jail time will not do. Serious jail time.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Anything less than jail time will not do. Serious jail time.

Oh....I wish, in the worst possible way, that would happen.

Directly, intentionally misleading the American people, to further a political agenda, should be a class A felony, punishable by 100 percent asset confiscation, and automatic life imprisonment without the possibility of perol.

Then politics would change for the better forever.

But, as it stands, a parking ticket is much much much worse.......

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Sadly I agree with you.

Not so sadly the MPAA has removed any sympathy I had for them, and I know exactly what I will be doing from now on.
edit on 26-7-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sadly I agree with you.

Not so sadly the MPAA has removed any sympathy I had for them, and I know exactly what I will be doing from now on.

Any ideas how to fix this that would actually work?

I have none, that would pass the elected pos in office.

First we would have to get enough of them out of the way, good luck there.....

Then we would have to get legislation through to fix it long term. If the last idea was a 100/1 longshot impossible event, the second is all but impossible.

The entire process is rigged in such a way, that it can't be fixed.

Only dismantled and rebuilt, from the ground up.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Force those we elect to agree to prosecute before we elect them.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

heh heh heh. beat you to it.

there is speculation that rc4 has been compromised.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
*delete*
edit on 26-7-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The entire process is rigged in such a way, that it can't be fixed. Only dismantled and rebuilt, from the ground up.

i find myself agreeing with you, i think. could you expand on "from the ground up"? what do you consider the ground? i believe the ground is/are the rights guaranteed to me, you, and everyone else in the original, unadulterated constitution and bill of rights. that the foundation would be the knowledge of evil we have gained added to the constitution (not an amendment those can be repealed).

what do you consider the ground?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw

The entire process is rigged in such a way, that it can't be fixed. Only dismantled and rebuilt, from the ground up.

i find myself agreeing with you, i think. could you expand on "from the ground up"? what do you consider the ground? i believe the ground is/are the rights guaranteed to me, you, and everyone else in the original, unadulterated constitution and bill of rights. that the foundation would be the knowledge of evil we have gained added to the constitution (not an amendment those can be repealed).

what do you consider the ground?

The constitution, before the Federal Reserve act.

Actual freedom within reason, the reason being there are other people too.

Not this bs politically correct or else bs we have today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join