It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draw a line between 2 planet positions every few days. Watch what happens - Mind = Blown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: strongfp

This is one of those stories the media loves to lap up but sadly there is little to no weight to his claims. Or rather, the chronically scientifically illiterate media simply doesn't care about credulously repeating and spinning such claims for a good yarn (and precious mouse clicks).

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

It's fractal drawing there are a few people in the world who can do it. Just check out the time lapse videos I have provided.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

That is beautiful.
The creator is an artist.
No doubt about it in my mind.

Great Stuff
Thanks!
S&F

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'm talking about his claims regarding mathematics. He hasn't produced anything to date. There's enough neurologically interesting things going on with his brain post-trauma that we don't need the media making up fanciful tales.
edit on 27-7-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You do understand the reason we use binary is due the limitations of logic gates, right? Computers are limited to either off or on. This is the fact of electronic devices created by mankind. Why would you assume that because we could only make on/off, or binary, system, that the universe must also follow those same limitations?

I believe that Phage was trying to say that just because you understand a system it does not mean that everything is governed by that same system. You are missing the point that the universe is organic in nature. It is not computational.

As for the pretty patterns shown by the movement of the planets, a clock would do the same thing. In fact, if you were to take any two things with regular movements, draw them out, you would come up with other pretty patterns. It is called math, not miracles.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is this why they stopped selling the spirograph? Giving away secrets?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

They still sell them! Just got some for my kids

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I can't wait for the complexity of some of these plots to show up in a canola field somewhere, probably in England.
It would kind of put a real twist on trying to figure out how they are done, and perhaps solve it!

Wonderful thread. s&f
edit on 27-7-2015 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: PersonneX

Coding is subject to error.
That's 80% if the fun. Debugging it.

This explains a lot, try to debug something that is guaranteed flawed from the start.

Sounds like science indeed.

If you call being sure you will never get it right fun, more power to you.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

No he wasn't he was stating that they have a "feeling" they know what is going on, and by using said binary system they will eventually be able to plot the Universe with it, and that SCIENCE itself is going to figure it all out anyways.

We can always see which ones DNA and soul matter have keyholes that no one has yet to find a key for.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Incredible, they look very complex and they appear as if they are hiding so many mysteries.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingTheWorld
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You do understand the reason we use binary is due the limitations of logic gates, right? Computers are limited to either off or on. This is the fact of electronic devices created by mankind. Why would you assume that because we could only make on/off, or binary, system, that the universe must also follow those same limitations?

I didn't say that the universe is limited to on/off states, I said that all energy states in nature have to be quantized, which they are according to everything we understand about QM. That means you can truly define quantum systems with a finite amount of information. It doesn't matter if you decide to save the information in binary format or some higher base, it's still the same information and it can be converted between any base without loosing information. The number 123 in base-16 is 7B, it's still the same number, I've just written it out using different symbols, and since I have 16 symbols instead of just 10, it only required 2 digits instead of 3. But in essence these two numbers are the exact same thing, from a binary perspective they can never change, the same bits will always be on or off. The integers in QM are no different, they can be destilled down to bits of information, therefore there is no reason we cannot represent reality using binary information.

I believe that Phage was trying to say that just because you understand a system it does not mean that everything is governed by that same system. You are missing the point that the universe is organic in nature. It is not computational.

Everything we have learned about the universe in the last century strongly indicates it is indeed computational, and that it computes using quantized information and not the infinite precision you would expect if it were "organic". In fact QM makes many physicists think we could be living in a quantum computer, that's how computational it is. I think there are other reasons for why the universe obeys QM but there's no denying the universe likes to follow rules and algorithms. I mean what else is physics but an attempt to discover the algorithms which dictate how reality computes information? That's exactly what physics equations are; algorithms which define how reality behaves, they are immutable laws which dictate the structure of the universe we live in.
edit on 28/7/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't see anything fantastical about this.

I think it's perfectly natural and expected with gravity and the time planets have to stabilise their orbit.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
For those that skip through threads and don't see all posts the main problem with this is Planets DON'T move in circular orbits so they CAN'T produce perfect circular spirograph plots

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Astyanax
What i do find odd, is how many members spend their valuable time reading posts which they consider to be drivel soaked and meaningless.

Much, MUCH worse than odd is the way members continue to saturate threads here with drivel even after having had it pointed out what they are doing and why it is wrong.

Harte

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I'm sorry, my communication skill aren't the best. I do like how you took it, I mean, you could have taken it worst,
It was more an open call, it wasn't targeted to you. Some people can hold the truth, and just because it sound crazy, they don't talk about it. That happen to much. I wanted to push people to commit, not being hard toward you.

This is my first thread I participate. I will get skilled with time.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Orbital geometry is rather aesthetically pleasing, to be sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

a reply to: Astyanax
What i do find odd, is how many members spend their valuable time reading posts which they consider to be drivel soaked and meaningless.

Much, MUCH worse than odd is the way members continue to saturate threads here with drivel even after having had it pointed out what they are doing and why it is wrong.

Harte

Oh?

You find that odd? you just posted a shovel full of pointless drivel yourself.

How ironic you should say you find it SO very odd, considering this entire website, that you frequent, is literally swimming in it..but seeing as i'm apparently considerably more mature and polite than you appear to be and your post is completely off topic, so actually is worthless drivel in itself..i'll take it on the chin if it makes you happy..small things eh?

Banter aside, you're smart enough to recognise that this is an open, public forum, populated by lay people who express passing thoughts and feelings, ideas, likes and dislikes and general banter..iow, not a closed academic institution, open only to those who post provable fact based research and educated opinion, regardless of the moto here.

By the way, your avatar is also ironic..i don't reckon you have one

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX

I'm sorry, my communication skill aren't the best. I do like how you took it, I mean, you could have taken it worst,
It was more an open call, it wasn't targeted to you. Some people can hold the truth, and just because it sound crazy, they don't talk about it. That happen to much. I wanted to push people to commit, not being hard toward you.

This is my first thread I participate. I will get skilled with time.

Hey man, no worries...i didn't take offence at anything you wrote...hang around here a while and you get used to the slings and arrows anyway.

I actually enjoy the wilder ideas, and have a certain disdain for the pure science types..i feel they are lazy thinkers, putting everything they are mentally capable of creating, originating or fostering in others aside and running with 'the safe option' entirely..lazy in my book.

I appreciate far out theories are NOT for everyone, and i wouldn't personally attack anyone who doesn't hold with that thinking, but for myself, i love it. I love the 'what if', rather than the 'this is'.

A lot gets lost in translation when typing these posts, humour doesn't transfer well and it's sometimes difficult to discern a mean spirited insult from a playful jab...but that's the breaks in a text only format i suppose.

Honestly, i took no offence at all, but thanks for caring enough to worry that i did.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Oh, we skip.

My earlier post was ill-humoured, I agree, but sometimes you can only bear so much.

No problem Astyanax.

No offence taken really.

Take it easy.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Banter aside, you're smart enough to recognise that this is an open, public forum, populated by lay people who express passing thoughts and feelings, ideas, likes and dislikes and general banter..iow, not a closed academic institution, open only to those who post provable fact based research and educated opinion, regardless of the moto here.

By the way, your avatar is also ironic..i don't reckon you have one

Yes the motto is DENY IGNORANCE and that's why people post academic answers when other members may not be familiar with the reason why something happens or is seen etc.

Prime example people still making comments about stars not been seen is NASA pictures when the Earth or other bright object is the main subject, they may not be familiar with photographic exposure so people like myself will explain and post other examples so what is wrong with that

OH and I will say again these plots are not accurate because PLANETS DON'T have circular orbits.

edit on 28-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: info added

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join