It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draw a line between 2 planet positions every few days. Watch what happens - Mind = Blown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Universe and all its wonders will never cease to amaze...

This has me thinking if the Universe is by design?

Take the orbits of any two planets and draw a line between the two planet positions every few days. Because the inner planet orbits faster than the outer planet, interesting patterns evolve. Each planetary pairing has its own unique dance rhythm. For example, the Earth-Venus dance returns to the original starting position after eight Earth years. Eight Earth years equals thirteen Venus years. Note that 8 and 13 are members of the Fibonacci number series.

ESPL: Dances of the Planets

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

cool patterns. reminds me of the old 'spirograph' drawing toy

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Take the orbits of any two planets and draw a line between the two planet positions every few days. Because the inner planet orbits faster than the outer planet, interesting patterns evolve. Each planetary pairing has its own unique dance rhythm. For example, the Earth-Venus dance returns to the original starting position after eight Earth years. Eight Earth years equals thirteen Venus years. Note that 8 and 13 are members of the Fibonacci number series.

Planetary geometry is fascinating. Here's a like for a guy who programmed some of the stuff out for the book your link references.
youtu.be...

I'd like to see the patterns when done in 3D and not just a flat plane. Nice post

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Spirograph you say...

Here you go..

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Seems that reality is mostly cut from the same cloth.

That crazy pattern that's every where like the sound of the universe.

Personally I find it rather soothing now.

But then I exist in but a seconds time.

Cheers!

edit on 26-7-2015 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I love this type of stuff. It reminds me of the countless occurrences of the Golden Ratio & it's patterns throughout nature.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, and for sharing such a wonderful phenomenon.

For those of you who have not yet seen the diagrams, this is the Earth/Venus relationship.

edit on 26/7/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

well, thank you for that SK

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Did you know what is amazing about the Venus and Earth orbital dance you call it, it doesn't matter if you use a heliocentric or geocentric model the orbits do the same thing from our vantage point. that is why using one or the other model will not negate each other.

edit on 26-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Evidence for creation? Evidence of simulation theory? I think so...

Ever wonder why geniuses and world leaders have always been obsessed with geometry and geometrical symbols? This is why...

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Why? Because periodic motions create pretty patterns? I don't see the connection.

On the other hand, people see evidence for creation in a pretty sunset. No pattern.

edit on 7/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People also see evidence for lack of creation in a sunset as well. We each hold our own truths.

Our entire existence is based on a sequence of ones and zeros. That, in itself, tells me all I need to know.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Our entire existence is based on a sequence of ones and zeros.

Nope.
You know that there are other numbering systems beside binary, right? We use decimal mostly but I find base 6 fun. All are equally valid. All have their good points and bad points but none are "existence." Each can represent aspects of "existence."

edit on 7/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why? Because periodic motions create pretty patterns? I don't see the connection.

On the other hand, people see evidence for creation in a pretty sunset. No pattern.

let the ants work Phage

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Incredible stuff - thanks man!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Our entire existence is based on a sequence of ones and zeros.

Nope.
You know that there are other numbering systems beside binary, right? We use decimal mostly but I find base 6 fun. All are equally valid. All have their good points and bad points but none are "existence." Each can represent aspects of "existence."

I was speaking of subatomic particles being nothing more than ones and zeros, in essence.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I was speaking of subatomic particles being nothing more than ones and zeros, in essence.

Oh.
They aren't. They each have a variety of characteristics.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Oh.
They aren't. They each have a variety of characteristics.

Which are?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

That right there, the manipulation.

It's not needed in a conversation among gentle men, and ladies....it's un-becoming.

It is what it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The patterns are pretty, but you'd get similar if you traced the orbits of any object. Pretty, but meaningless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join