It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I AM OFFENDED BY my "new America"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Was reading about Spains new laws the other day the Fascists are back in style thats for sure

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am a retro metro hetero lesbian trapped in a man's body.
I gotta say, it can be fun being me.

* I am a pretty crappy lesbian though, I had to come back and fix the spelling.... couldn't even spell lebian right.
Oh, it was autocorrecting.
I take it back, I am an awesome lesbian.

So is a Rural-sexual the opposite of a Metro-sexual?...or does that just involve farm animals?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

We have interesting times ahead, and I dont mean that in a good way. Much of Europe is or wants to vote far right with all that means

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You can say whatever you want, you can think whatever you want, but Freedom of Speech is not freedom from consequence, and i don't think it ever has been so i don't think you lost that freedom.

again, if you need hate to demonstrate Freedom, i'm sorry but you are always going to be offended by people calling you out on it

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, I don't know about you, but I much prefer the exact opposite.

As far as I am concerned, unity between people is paramount to the survival of the species, all people, everywhere. Anyone who believes otherwise, in my view, is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

You can say whatever you want, you can think whatever you want, but Freedom of Speech is not freedom from consequence, and i don't think it ever has been so i don't think you lost that freedom.

again, if you need hate to demonstrate Freedom, i'm sorry but you are always going to be offended by people calling you out on it

I agree with you, but like it or not PC is been used to try and control us.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

How?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

or does that just involve farm animals?

Judging by news stories out of rural Perry County,PA..... I think it does.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I do not do ANYTHING because the law, or the government, or even society believes it is the right thing to do. I do what I believe is right, all of the time. It just so happens that since I believe it is wrong to discriminate against people based on ethnicity, colour, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, and so on, I have never found myself being controlled by the PC police. It just so happens, that because I believe that a man should never find himself looking down upon a woman and thinking himself her better, that I have never felt the pressure society exerts on folk to stop being chauvinists.

Perhaps persons with reasonable attitudes to their fellow human beings will find it harder to sympathise with individuals who have unreasonable attitudes, when issues like this arise, because for people who are not involved in the sort of intellectual muck diving that I describe above, there is no issue to discuss?

Personally, I believe there is an awful lot wrong with society. The fact that we have not yet removed racism, chauvinism, intolerance of sexual preference, and so on, from the human lexicon, both as language, and as concepts, entirely outrages me. The fact that we have not removed corruption from our governments, the fact that private companies have more power than any individual voter, these things and more trouble me. The fact that it is nearly impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people living where I do, driving me to the internet to get my fill, and the fact that the people with whom I spend my time, increasingly talk more on Facebook, than they do to me, even when I am in the same room, are always in their phones, rather than paying attention to their surroundings, these things trouble me.

That it is getting harder, and harder, and harder still to be an absolute bastard though? That does not trouble me one bit. The harder it gets to hold racist attitudes, the better. The harder it is to get away with being a homophobe, the better. The harder it gets to treat women poorly, or to shout people down, the better. If that presents problems for people, then it is those people, not society itself, which has the major problem, and that is FINE by me. Just fine.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
I have to get some things off my chest.

Go for it. I will respond to some things you say...public forum and such

Call me a patriot, call me old fashioned, call me whatever you choose, but in all honesty, I AM OFFENDED!

Will just call you some dude online thats currently offended..not unusual these days. Seems the norm frankly.

Your rainbow flag offends me, profusely!

Too bad

You wanting to take away my confederate flag offends me,

Nobody took your flag away. they stopped flying it in state buildings, and I fully support that. the confederate flag represents a movement to break away from the US..it is a literal enemy of the US. they lost, they were crushed, and disbanned. deal with it. its been freaking hundreds of years. Having a confederate flag makes as much sense as a roman imperial flag being flown in england.

you calling me racist because I'm white OFFENDS ME!

You aren't racist because you are white. I know where you are going here, and I agree with you. There is a very loud push by the fringe to basically paint white people as default privileged and racist. That annoys me also. I find many of these so called social justice types to be far more racist in their demonizing against white people.

(pic speaks for itself

everything I do or think or believe is politically INCORRECT and I am not allowed free thought or speech or the pursuit of ANYTHING without offending "SOMEONE"!

Well the internet is a wonderful place. Yes, everything you think will offend someone somewhere, but at the same time, make a friend somewhere else with the same words. Just be yourself, and the people who cant stand who you are...wont want to talk to you, but the flip of that is that people who like what your saying will probably reach out and chat.
But
If you find you are honestly being unPC about *everything, then...maybe reevaluate some of your stances. ideas are perfectly fine to attack. individuals, sure. but identities people are born with, thats a foul. being gay is a biological thing. Hard to hate on something a person was born with without sounding stupid.

the destruction and downfall. It seems the more I try to prepare and work towards combating this, the more resistance I face, the more my own family turns against me!

I believe it was David Bowie that said "Time can change me, but I can't change time."
Pretty accurate. The internet allows for all opinions to be voiced and migrated to, be it the popular norm, or the wacky fringe. As usual, the smallest group is the loudest, so you tend to get a skewed view of where society is. The average joe has and always will be in a sort of middle ground of just dealing with life as it comes. I will say racism is down to a dull roar, and most people dont care about who is gay or whatnot..and those things are good. people should be able to have a dignified life if they choose it regardless of how they were born or which adult they love.
Society has always been a developing thing. it tries out many forms and accepts the things found productive, while casting off the things that didn't really go over very well.

is there anyone else out there that feels the same way or finds themselves feeling the same way or in the same boat?

I would venture to say anyone who has lived long enough to watch the passing of time and generations will feel that times are changing beyond their comfort zone..however, some will see it as good, some as doom.

Know we live in a society where the truely dumb have the freedom to spout their nonsense up to the heavens and back again. We also have the freedom to laugh at them...and hopefully the wisdom to maybe listen and learn a bit if they offer the occasional gem. (and they do, but often its mixed in a big pile of poop you gotta shovel through to find)

advise?
info"
criticism?
comments?

All seems normal. older generation worried about the younger generation.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

I would say PC is being warped to support a narrative.
such as
Racism is not PC
so people cannot then use PC to be racist against white people.

sexism is not PC
therefore a person cannot be sexist towards a man while claiming PC

I dont like the term PC. its too enveloping. I like simplier words. respectful is a good term.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: imod02

I would say PC is being warped to support a narrative.
such as
Racism is not PC
so people cannot then use PC to be racist against white people.

sexism is not PC
therefore a person cannot be sexist towards a man while claiming PC

I dont like the term PC. its too enveloping. I like simplier words. respectful is a good term.

Yep with you 100%

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
Your rainbow flag offends me, profusely!

You wanting to take away my confederate flag offends me, you calling me racist because I'm white OFFENDS ME!

What the crap pile is freaking WRONG with our country?????

I don't know where to turn anymore??????

It's like I am NOT allowed to think anymore!!!! everything I do or think or believe is politically INCORRECT and I am not allowed free thought or speech or the pursuit of ANYTHING without offending "SOMEONE"!

My, my aren't you delicate. You are free to think and say (not do!) what you wish but it will offend others some, if not all, of the time.

How is your being offended any different then other people being offended by you???
edit on 26-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm offended that the OP is offended by things some people find offensive and others find not offensive. Is he going to be offended that I'm offended that he's offended?

And at the risk of crossing the PC line here, you're pretty picky-choosy about what you're happy to have defended as a vet. My vet spouse would be offended to have defended your freedoms if you're offended at having fought for all freedoms alike.

Long story short: Everyone's offended at some point over some thing or another. Get over it.
edit on 7/26/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I miss my old friend. One that gave me the NFL, Night Court, All in the Family. Now the NFL is filled with controversy. Night Court seems to be a shooting gallery on the weekend and All in the Family.... nah, I won't make those southern jokes. I DO miss America that was a beacon. It still is but it's not one that's shining.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here's the thing... Your post, your feelings and your words still stand. No "PC police" have come to silence and shame you into submission. People may agree or disagree with what you've said - but your opinion still remains for all to read. And that is the proof of concept that matters.

OP, you have become emotionally invested in a media generated social meme. In fact an entire series of them. Think about it for a second... How can Fox news constantly rail about how the "Liberal media" controls all, when Fox news is the #1 watched "news" show in the US? I mean, truly... think about it.

When it's all said and done you are angry and frustrated because you've been told to be angry and frustrated. You've been lied to. Some idiot posting Youtube videos that represent a totally fringe element does not a social movement make. Yet the media seeks these people out and makes them seem like the monster in the closet. The media takes molehills and makes mountains out of them... all for ratings.

The media doesn't care if you stress yourself into a stroke, and an early grave. They don't even care if they are lying to you or not. All they care about is that they've manipulated you into rage - a rage that will make you crave more and force you to keep tuning in. A media that justifies all of their lies by citing how good their ratings are.

OP please come back to the real world, it's not such a bad place.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

A recent university study compared Fox news viewers with people who could not be bothered with news at all,60 per cent of the Fox viewers were actually worse informed than the no news population.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

Yours is but a brand-new offence, it will have to get in line behind all of the other offences thank-you very much. We cannot have you queue jumping thinking your offence is any less important than the next persons offence, there are lots of offences yet to be heard because everyones got lots of ship to get off their chests, so go sit over there ------>, and wait for your number to be called.

Thank-you...........next.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join