It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals Raid Sheriff Joe’s Office

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Sheriff is an elected official. Just because you don't like him or his politics doe's not negate his elected position. Unless he has violated the law, the only way a person should lose their elected position is through the electorate system.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

Well according to the OP, he admitted to violating the law. So what's your point here?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

The Sheriff is an elected official. Just because you don't like him or his politics doe's not negate his elected position. Unless he has violated the law, the only way a person should lose their elected position is through the electorate system.

Glad we can agree.

Arpaio admits violating court order

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: Annee

As a comparison-Palin lived in Alaska and could see Russia.
It does not mean she knew anything about what she could(n't) see.

I live in Florida and I do not know much about this sheriff other than he has sat as an activist while supposedly being in LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Activism demonstrated by his blatant abuse of authority to undermine Civil Rights, support neo-con agendas and generally do whatever he felt like while excusing his hyper-violent departments excesses.

Did I get this wrong?

Yup got the part about Palin wrong.

The "See Russia" was part of a comedy TV show.

Looks like a lot of people got fooled doesn't it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Just because things are 'failures' in the eyes of you and your ilk doesn't mean they actually are.

So,

you view a corrupt local government office being "targeted" by higher corrupt government departments as "successes"?

Hmmm.

Sounds like an alternative conspiracy theory

edit on Jul-27-2015 by xuenchen because: seahorses live

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well she did say that you can see russia from alaska in an interview.

Then SNL did the skit you are talking about yes.

So people didn't get fooled, it was said.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And the alternative would be to let joe just do his thing?
Two wrongs don't make a right.

I would love to see the higher ups in DC get theirs too, but that is a pipe dream.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
and let us not forget. this is a man who has used his office and its resources to go after any one who questions his behaviors. he even admitted that he had a judge and his wife investigated because the judge ruled against him.

Several public officials in fact ....

Feuds with judges and County Supervisors

He was acting on "Orduzz"

Anybody crazy enough to go this wild MUST be under pressure from the higher ups !!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What's with this "targeted" language? It's clearly just a case of a corrupt local government office being investigated for being corrupt. You know, what the justice department is SUPPOSED to be doing?

It's funny how when the justice department is doing its job, all of sudden they are "targeting" people.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He admitted to civil contempt and could be charged as such.

Arpaio and other current and former employees face civil contempt hearings scheduled to begin in September for repeatedly violating court orders relating to the long-standing case. Arpaio already has acknowledged he has committed civil contempt.

And if found guilty of actually breaking the law then he should be persecuted accordingly. However, as I stated, he is an elected official and cannot be merely removed on speculation of a crime being committed. He's be accused and until a judge has ruled, then he should not be removed, unlike the poster to which I replied was implying.

I also think this could be a witch as well as Arpaio has been vocal on this administrations immigration policy and this administration in general.

And if it is a witch hunt, merely for being boisterous, then our federal officials should also be charged with misuse of powers!
edit on 27-7-2015 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That's what im saying....all day long we sit on ATS bitching about how cops can kick the living crap out of people. Then when the Justice Department finally investigates one of the worst in the nation....we get this???

No wonder our country has gone to hell. Politicans are stupid enough without having to take their cues from the schizophrenic public.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

And how well did that same justice department do with the IRS scandal?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

I do believe that was just an opinion being said and no way indicative of any actual legal proceedings though. I want Joe removed too for similar reasons, but that doesn't mean that my desires are going to align with reality. But it also doesn't prevent me from voicing my opinion either.

I've seen enough of BFFT's post to believe that he understands the legal proceedings that have to go into impeaching an elected official.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I can appreciate that response!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

And how well did that same justice department do with the IRS scandal?

That probably depends on whose side of the story you believe and how much of the evidence you are privy too, now doesn't it? Or we can just pretend like we know all the details that align with our preconceived notions on the case, no?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

then our federal officials should also be charged with misuse of powers!

NOW your talking!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm really not sure why the spin is even necessary. Joe being corrupt and an asshole is pretty much Arizona's worst kept secret. I mean, all you have to do is listen to him talk about carrying out the law and you get a sense for this. I mean he is seriously the ONLY sheriff that I can actually name. I can't even name the sheriff of the area where I LIVE! I've never even BEEN to Arizona, and I know who this guy is.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Ohhhhh !!

I got fooled !!

I thought that was the SNL show.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

But why is Joe still in office?

I say he's part of the agenda.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What agenda?
You are always talking about this agenda and that agenda.
Can you fill the rest of us in?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join