It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 'childrens' animated cartoon is eerily accurate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Before you ask, yes I am a grown man that watches cartoons. Sue me.

And one of my favorites, despite it's target audience, has some mature themes that I believe has some clever allegories.

The show in question is Young Justice: invasion.

For starters, I'll introduce a character by the name of G. Gordon Godfrey. The name sounds familiar, and his characteristics might ring a bell.

Gordon is an outspoken man, with his own opinions on matters, notably in his rants against aliens. He doesn't seem to trust the Justice League, and relies on eloquence to sow that distrust in his audience.

Source

Hmmm....An outspoken man in the media who rants and distrusts the 'authorities'- now who does that remind you of?

It gets better.

The premise of this show revolves around a subversive infiltration and takeover of Earth by an alien species, and the Justice league must employ it's young proteges to covertly stop the invasion, and in one particular episode the alien incursion leader learns of these operations and threatens to expose the justice leagues involvement while denying it's own activities. Does that also sound familiar?

I almost forgot to mention that in the previous series the leader of one nation tried to seize control of it's neighboring nation with words and force. I think you get the picture by now.

This show was clearly written by adults, and judging by the 'mature' themes hidden behind the seemingly innocent medium, does this mean the writers are clued on and trying to spread the word through their preferred medium ( you'd be surprised how many adults watch 'cartoons') or are current affairs a convenient lightbulb moment that sparks a story arc that children can enjoy?

edit on 26-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Greetings- You had Me at "I am a grown man that watches cartoons" Good for You and better that You admit it, who cares what We think? I know it isn't the same thing/genre/group but aren't the folks that dress up in furry costumes and cartoon characters mostly adults?

Because of My pending lawsuit against You due to You asking Me to "sue me" I'll be represented by the fine barristers from Dewey, Cheatham and Howe™ LLP; LLC. perhaps I can ask some questions for the deposition??

Would You type that there are certain periods of the day and when You 'reflect' You go back to when You were a child? and that thought/feelings last up until looking in a mirror or checking out farcebook™ and another "Friend" has passed?

I've never seen the cartoon so I couldn't provide any commentary about that, I'll look for it and then return. I just thought it was IMPORTANT to acknowledge You for adhering to Rule #2) What someone thinks about You is none of Your business.

namaste

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
All propaganda uses pinpoint specific targeting methods.

Centuries ago, propaganda was difficult.

Then came the printing press.

Then came the telegraph.

Then the telephone.

Then radio.

Then TV.

Then the Internet and cell phones.

Advances in technology make it easier by the day.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThecakeisalieThis show was clearly written by adults,

as opposed to cartoon shows that are written by children?

It does sound interesting but a lot of kids cartoons have a theme like this or similar.
Maybe because now we're adults we pick up on certain things. I doubt they are trying to spread any word other than entertainment.

I could be wrong though..
edit on 26/7/2015 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Interesting story, S&F

Also if you haven't already, you should watch justice league unlimited, it's a good "cartoon" for adults.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

most cartoons hit viewers on two levels, one for the kids and a higher level for the adults, very apparent in most cartoons. You dont think kids who watch spongebob are expected to know what platitudinous means do you? www.youtube.com... =] what better than a visually pleasing show with light hearted theme, rather that than drama drama drama
embrace your love for cartoons, a lot of great minds have similar tastes

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pr0ph3t

I doubt Spongebob was a complex allegory for global affairs.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I think you missed the point.

Spongebob may not be about global affairs but most cartoons have jokes and references only adults would understand.

It's not an uncommon thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You missed the point, some cartoons are real serious.

lol

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I guess you would be the first to admit that there are segments of the adult population that watch "cartoons" slated for kids.
Beyond that, I believe you are also correct that simple brain washing is taking place in a very unconscious way on those young and/or immature minds. Actually, it wouldn't be "brain washing" on the young minds as they have not yet reached the stage to have their minds scrubbed. All that is required is to input subconscious concepts to later be recognized.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
G Gordon Godfrey is an old character from the comics and was based on G. Gordon Liddy.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Interesting........Maybe the progressive ideal pushing masters are using subtle brainwashing to control the masses. Look at the values Disney as a whole pushes daily in movies and TV. Now imagine the same ideals are pushed in schools and other media venues. Maybe this is a planned propaganda campaign.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Most good fiction is derived from non-fiction or other fiction, simply known as "filing the serial numbers off" or, in some cases, "a tip of the hat".

It sounds like they have good writers.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It was the invention of the transistor that spawned the rapid birth and growth of technology as we know of it today. I say "of it" because we common folk don't have a clue to the reality of where our "technology" is today.

To the Op...
At least you like a JL type cartoons and not The Simpsons, which I feel is the root of all evil in children today...

new topics

top topics

join