It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is life, what is our life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I read this and started to wonder how many people are going through life wondering "what if". How many people out there want to change there lives and to what, how many of you have for filled there dreams only to find that dreams are best kept as dreams. Basic question is any one happy with there life ?
www.dailymail.co.uk... mment-93447561#comment-93447561

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Youve actually read my mind with this thread. Is anyone actually happy with their life? I mean truly happy. In the past year I have went through a lot of things which have changed my outlook on life and has me reassessing what actually makes me happy.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I read this and started to wonder how many people are going through life wondering "what if". How many people out there want to change there lives and to what, how many of you have for filled there dreams only to find that dreams are best kept as dreams. Basic question is any one happy with there life ?
www.dailymail.co.uk... mment-93447561#comment-93447561

I am now that I have kicked alcohol and substance cross addictions.

Just being alive and able to enjoy the simple things like my Mercedes, beautiful wife and rockstar life style is enough for me.

of course I am just being factious but life improves when you are able to be honest, and realize that peace and grace is usually enough to keep that smile on your face.

edit on 26-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm very happy with life.

All my life I just wanted to be a bum, a gypsy, not answer to anybody, not have to be someplace every day, not have to slap a smile on my face and get along with people I can't stand just to make a decent living. When I reached 62, it all came true.

Olaru is right, it's the simple things that matter and life does improve with age.

I do think "what if" and "if only" are extremely, extremely, bad ways to think. Don't ever use those words. It's ok to look back and reflect on past decisions for the sole purpose of not doing them again, but don't ever lament over "what if's".

We can only live in the now, not the past or the future and don't spend so much time living in the future you don't have a life in the meantime. Or as they say, don't wish away your life.

I think I'm just rambling now..old people tend to do that.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
To be honest the biggest mistake i have done is to live most of my dreams, now in my older age I understand that dreams perhaps are best kept as dreams. I have no feeling of bitterness just wondering what I will do now.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Happiness is one of many emotions. Life comprises the whole spectrum of emotions. We will only make ourselves sad if we singularly pursue the feeling of happiness. We will never find a way to experience continued happiness.

How can we be happy when a loved one dies? Grief is the emotional response. Grief is an emotion. It is part of our life experience.

I know that in my life I will have to experience the spectrum of emotions. There is nothing that will keep me constantly in the state of feeling happiness. If it was so then happiness would soon become the one thing I did not want to feel.

Lol, we wouldn't have all the different
if it was just about happiness. I demand rights for all the emojis to exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Your question presupposes that happiness is the goal of life. Experience is the goal of life and if we can find some small happiness along the way then be grateful.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Your question presupposes that happiness is the goal of life. Experience is the goal of life and if we can find some small happiness along the way then be grateful.

What is a good experience for some is a bad one for some one else, I have no idea what goal of life is, and many experiences will come into our life no matter what we do. Are you happy with your experiences, are you happy with life, is the fact that im asking questions a sign im going in the right direction?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Concerning the threads title:

What is life, what is our life?

We have all lost touch with our purpose.

Earth is the true proving-grounds...

NONE of us is here by accident.

The biggest loss for humans is to die without discovering the ultimate purpose of life and WHY we were really born.

Connecting with one's purpose should be every ones goal in life.

In early morning prayer, Jesus dressed in a white long gown and embraced by a very bright light appeared before me and said the following to me: "Before we were born in the world, all of us were given a special mission by God."

Rev. Joshua Do Shick Joe

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Life is experience with the sole purpose of passing on a measure of the wisdom gained from your experience to your offspring. As to there being any other purpose, that remains to be seen, but is always wise to hedge one's bets.
edit on 26-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."

Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Metallicus

What is a good experience for some is a bad one for some one else, I have no idea what goal of life is, and many experiences will come into our life no matter what we do. Are you happy with your experiences, are you happy with life, is the fact that im asking questions a sign im going in the right direction?

Happiness is a choice we make. It can be challenging to make the choice, but it is in the end our consciousness and we can choose if it will be one of positive or negative focus.

I am not a Bible guy or a follower of Christianity, but I still find much wisdom in the text. One that comes to mind is Philippians 4:11.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

edit on 2015/7/26 by Metallicus because: Space

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am well content with what I currently have. I have a loving husband and wonderful son. I have an extended family that is a joy. We are making homemade meatballs and sauce for supper. Our lives are simple and uncomplicated but we laugh often and love.

Sure there are always things that would make it easier, but those are goals to work for. If we achieved everything, there would be nothing left to strive for, no new mountains left to climb.

join