It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testosterone Blocking & Extra Estrogen Intake.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmic66
a reply to: anonentity

Damn I did not think of the 10:1 Milk:Cheese ratio, how stupid of me!

I eat way too much cheese.... and this is were I find myself with every conundrum, I either have to find a source that I can trust not too poison me or do it all my goddarn self.

Since my eyes were opened, i've noticed that the couples I know that eat a lot of cheese, have had Prostate problems or Breast cancer issues. The bad stuff is bound to the milk fats, which stimulates the cows teats to produce mega amounts of milk, the problem is its the same hormones humans use. So you have a non lactating human female, getting her breast tissue stimulated , not a great idea, its the milk ducts that turn bad. For some reason the men get it in the Prostate, because the graphs show a rise in all hormone related cancers, since the rise of dietary Dairy.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yep I'm well aware of alcohols effects on our virility , it would seem the lightly fermented brews of our past were much safer for us.

If what were that simple? I was replying in the context you were implying taking testosterone would just make you horny all day..which it wouldn't..it would disrupt the bodies own production of testosterone and lead to f#cked up HPTA.
edit on 26-7-2015 by cosmic66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yeah I can really see that, if you look at the amount of dairy we consume as a culture (the west) it would certainly be a prime candidate for endo-#er-upper #1 lol
edit on 26-7-2015 by cosmic66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yep I'm well aware of alcohols effects on our virility .

If what were that simple? I was replying in the context you were implying taking testosterone would just make you horny all day..which it wouldn't..it would disrupt the bodies own production of testosterone and lead to f#cked up HPTA.

According to my source who was a female psychologist who tested testosterone cream , she found that she was thinking of sex all day, not seeking sexual partners.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I just found out my dad makes cheese with a local "organic" dairy farms milk... all may not be lost haha

Is it EU regulation to inject all dairy producing cows with these chemicals? Or is it a choice?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The androgenic effects would be shortlived, the small amount that gets through via creams definitely helping the cause, but after some time it would still have the aforementioned effect on your HPTA.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: JadeStar

It's really not as simple as Testosterone = Man/Manly Feelings & Estrogen = Women/Womanly Feelings, there are many things going on in our endocrine system that make us who we are, and we are all unique. As far as gender roles go, in the Scholarly world at least, such things were done away with a long time ago, we are all unique and individual and must follow our own paths to be who we want to be. Whether their is hormones in the water/milk and/or pharmaceuticals over-prescribed is a totally different conversation, and Actually is the one we're trying to focus on here. This thread is not about you.

The thread needs a title change.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Boadicea

these synthetic hormones and endocrine-disrupters are a big problem

Taking them involuntarily in small doses even, like it's been said.

That's one of the scariest things about it. It doesn't take much to create huge problems. Timing is also crucial. Not just in terms of human development, but in cycles (such as the menstrual cycle, or the pregnancy cycle.) And it's not just our sexual/reproductive organs which are adversely affected. Hormones are vital for the function of all bodily processes and organs. As if all this isn't scary enough, now we have to add GMO plant estrogens, like soy, to the mix.

And then there is the cumulative effect as mentioned, the grandkids of the hippies. Mix a concoction of 60's drugs in the genetic mix with these other drugs. For example the children of those exposed to agent orange during Vietnam have big health issues, I personally know some. It's really sad.

Yes, and Gulf War Syndrome (Iraq/Kuwait in the early 90s). One of my husband's cousins has had problems ever since. And the VA has let them all down every step of the way. It's heart-wrenching all the way around.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
May I ask you, without being too personal, how much social/family pressure has aggravated your situation?

For some reason my family has some really old-timey values. The whole "you were born a boy so be a boy" thing. It doesn't help that you're lectured into shame when you're found to step into the wrong closet's clothes (I was caught twice growing up). Then when your peers are already calling you "fag," you begin to really fear stepping out of those traditional gender roles, afraid that you'll be dragged out into the street through the mud and paraded as a circus freak.

Yeah... it aggravated my situation a lot.

For example, if we lived in a society where men could express feminine urges and women could express masculine urges without judgment and persecution, would the difference between anatomy and brain be so difficult? Would you still feel the need for hormones or surgery?

I would have actually been more open about needing these things. It was fear, fear of being shunned and shamed and chastised that's held me back for so long.

May I also ask about your previous experience trying to match the brain to the anatomy? Did that involve hormone therapy, counseling, both, something else?

I attempted to convince myself that it would all pass, that I would stop having these feelings. To sound less obtuse, I attempted to "tough it out." It only caused me more internal anguish than was necessary. If I had been brave, like Jade, and said I was a girl early in life, who knows where I'd be today?

I often wonder now if I wasted all that time and energy being afraid.....

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I just found out my dad makes cheese with a local "organic" dairy farms milk... all may not be lost haha

Is it EU regulation to inject all dairy producing cows with these chemicals? Or is it a choice?

I think the E.U and Canada Banned it. However, over the last twenty or so years the Dairy herds have been culled of the small producers and bred to make more milk, to do this during pregnancy the Cow has to produce far greater amounts of IGF1 to stimulate their milk ducts for the increased lactation, and produce elevated levels of Oestrogen to hold the calf in Utero, whilst lactating. The IGF1 is the same growth hormone that humans use, but it naturally diminishes at maturity, it causes fast cell growth, to get the calf into adulthood in eighteen months. Its not the sort of thing an adult human should be ingesting in greater and greater amounts as we are doing now.

The only really safe milk if their is such a thing, is from a non pregnant cow, where the growth hormone and the Oestrogen drops back to pre war levels. But Dairy is a growth food designed for another species not humans.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

I think you may be a victim of media portrayal of this issue. It's far easier to show the outer stuff. It's a lot harder for the camera to catch the inner stuff. idk if that makes any sense?

Point well made and taken. We are all victims of media, and this is just one of those ways.

You could be more respectful and kinder to her by using the proper pronouns. Just sayin'

Again, point well made... but not as well taken, simply because it is reflex for me -- and the vast majority of people -- to think in terms of male pronouns for someone who has been male to me and the whole world for going on 40 years. I didn't even consciously consider my use of pronouns. So while it would be an especially nice gesture on my part, not doing so is not an act of disrespect or aggression and shouldn't be considered such. I expect at some point, as Caitlyn becomes more familiar than Bruce, my reflexive choice of pronoun will also change. Perhaps at some point, there will be new pronouns coined.

In order for a transgender person to be accepted fully, especially one who is a celebrity who was known for decades as one gender, it is often necessary for them to destroy the image of who people thought they were.

Yup! Including so people like me won't use male pronouns -- to change that reflexive perception.

But I have to say, I don't think anyone should destroy any part of ourselves. Even the worst experiences we have to embrace and process and integrate into our heart and soul and psyche. We learn, we grow, we mature, we expand... we take whatever good we can from it, and then put it behind as we go forward. We are the sum total of our experiences. I won't tell anyone not to try, that's not my choice. But I do have concerns.

Also pronouns matter. I see you used male ones in reference to her. And you wonder why the media focus is on the superficial?

Ahhh... perspective... I would say that fixating on pronouns is superficial in and of itself, especially when no harm or insult is intended. If that's someone's biggest problem, they are damn lucky folks.

Instead of hating on those who cannot/do not share what is literally an alternate reality to them, much more good would come from loving on and treasuring those people who can and do... and respecting those who cannot and do not. Give at least as much respect as is being demanded.

Think about it: To accept that transgenderism is a real thing, people must deny the tangible for the intangible. They must deny their lying eyes, and just have faith in what others say. Because of what I know from my own perspective, I can understand that those lines can be blurred, or lines can get crossed, or blocked or tied in knots or something! There are many variables and many end results. Everyone's perspective deserves respect. Accept other people's perspective just as you want them to accept yours. We all have much to learn. No one has all the answers.

... there are standards of treatment which are the result of decades of study already. There is no need to reinvent the wheel here. Treatment is on a case-by-case basis but there are things which are known to alleviate some of the pain almost universally.

There is much debate, even from transgender people, about the efficacy of treatment -- both short-term and long-term. Many transgender people who criticize the conventional treatment also report much bullying and harrassment from other transgender people, causing many to stop speaking out, or to never speak out at all. (If there is a coordinated effort to silence anyone, I blame Big Pharma first...) Studies at the NIH state it hasn't been possible to follow transgender people after treatment for various reasons, so adequate information to draw conclusions about long-term effects are virtually impossible. There is some concern that while the hormone therapy and possibly surgery may be the best term for some, but not for others, perhaps even most, but that it is being pushed on too many -- or at least too soon -- for profit. Not health and well-being.

Again, we have much to learn. No one has all the answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The androgenic effects would be shortlived, the small amount that gets through via creams definitely helping the cause, but after some time it would still have the aforementioned effect on your HPTA.

Then why are the Caymans, and fish showing signs of androgeny . Or for that matter humans as well . Once its in the water cycle it cant be got out. It might be worth mentioning that sperm production in males is about 50% of what it was back in nineteen forty seven, or their abouts.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure any hormone therapy is good for people. I think there is a reason that we are the way we are. We are all different. They are actually causing a disruption of the hormones in people in this country by incorporating too much estrogen creating compounds in the diet. I do not understand why the government is allowing this, They must some agenda.

Look at the TV ads, it is getting rediculous how they are talking about erectile disfunction drugs on TV. Find the reason why the disfunction is happening instead of selling pills. It is all backwards.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro

Yeah... it aggravated my situation a lot.

Thank you for sharing. I suspect your family fears the ostracism and persecution of society just as you did, and also tried to fight it just as you did, trying to tough it out. I hope you and your family have been able to work things out. I'm sure it can't be easy. And if you did have to let go of some, I hope you had some keepers. For the same reason the love and support of family can be so uplifting and regenerating, the hate and criticism can be just as hurtful and destructive. I believe someone much wiser than me once summed it up as "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em." He/she may not have been talking about families, but it still applies!

I would have actually been more open about needing these things....I often wonder now if I wasted all that time and energy being afraid.....

I hope not. I don't want to think of any experience as a waste. I want to believe that you learned from it and grew in some way, helping make you who you are today... let me rephrase that: helping make you a better person today! The lessons we learn through living are the lessons we learn best. I tend to think of the hardest and most painful experiences as crash courses in life lessons at the school of hard knocks.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This has been a very interesting discussion, I thank everybody who had input in this thread. Our opinions may differ because of the variety of backgrounds. But I think a consensus has been reached that there is too much excess chemicals/hormones/blockers in our supply chain and the result is it isn't healthy for any of us, and the full biological and chemical ramifications of this are unknown. The transgender issue is an interesting side point, but still another unknown variable, I believe in a hundred years we will know for sure.
If it turns out to be the case, I would be rebuking my previous perspective as very ignorant, even just considering this has made me think more deeply about being more empathetic to their situation, it's not a case of it's just all in your head, but goes right to the biological/chemical level, maybe even the DNA itself.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro
I attempted to convince myself that it would all pass, that I would stop having these feelings. To sound less obtuse, I attempted to "tough it out." It only caused me more internal anguish than was necessary. If I had been brave, like Jade, and said I was a girl early in life, who knows where I'd be today?

I often wonder now if I wasted all that time and energy being afraid.....

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Your family dynamic from what you've told me was a LOT different from mine. I know you're only 10 years older than me but i don't know if your mom would have even let you be a girl if you had done that. That will be something to discuss with her, and maybe have a good cry (it's ok).

Just know that in my case i had two parents who i had to deal with and my mother admits it took her more time than my father to come to terms with my truth. But when she did it was like a storm cloud and the weight of the world had been lifted off of my little shoulders. I do not know if your mom being the only one to take care of you would have done that? like, with my mom, she had my dad to talk to about what i was going through. and he is the one who found the information online about trans kids and found GenderSpectrum and stuff. I don't know if my mom would have found all of that without him.

The important thing is you are moving in the direction you want now finally and your relationship with your mom is slowly improving so look at the positives. Some people like you never get to know their parents and their parents never get to know them because they transition so late in life that they have passed away.

And at 30 you're still young enough to enjoy life. my big sis says 30 is the new 20 so idk, enjoy life! you get to explore all of the things you felt ashamed to. so do it and don't look back. your best years are ahead of you!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
My favorite brand is gardein, its made from plant protein. My kids like a brand that's made from wheat. I find it weird on pasta or sloppy Joe's.

a reply to: MysterX

Thanks for that..must confess, i've never heard of it.

Be looking into it though, thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Thanks for the kind words. Again, you've really been a big help through this.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It's a cumulative problem. There was a thread on ATS about this problem and one of the findings was that 80% of the fish in the UK were hatching female. With more people gender bending, the problem will increase to a tipping point and we can say, "Way to go PTB, thanks for breeding us out of existence! "

Increased male sterility - Georgia Guidestones 500 million optimum Earth population, not that hard a leap.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
There are two points I want to make about this.
First off I was reading about transgender people who do this to help their change along.

Is it that healthy ?
Is that natural ?

For either sex I guess, the other way would be to take testosterone and block estrogen.

The other point I was reading is that with all these being taken by people it is starting to put some of these chemicals into our water supply, which we all drink. The best filters can't remove them.

I know this a hot topic, but when I read that people are saying it's natural for the human body to block and take in extra of these chemicals, I do have an issue with that. There is nothing "natural" about that, for either sex. And the long term health effects are unknown.

Hi, I cant tell if you are being serious or not, this sounds like complete trolling, are you really suggesting that transgender people (myself included among them) are causing pollution in the waters? You realize how insane and illogical that sounds don't you? Are you really formally debating this or are you looking for stars, I can't fathom how a gold contributor would be asking and replying to this thread in the ways you have unless they were writing some college report about trolling.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join