It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testosterone Blocking & Extra Estrogen Intake.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If you or anyone else is 'uncomfortable' about trans people then that is your problem, not theirs.
It does explain why you started this thread with I must say a rather misleading OP though.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I do know that when I was in education schooling they taught us that all kids go through a brief period where the hormones of puberty are confusing in more ways than one.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
There's so many ignorant people full of hate. Why would anyone put a child on that radar?

Perhaps they are already suffering in a community full of bigots and the exposure of the story will help the majority of decent folk understand their story?
Could be all sorts of genuine reasons.
So long as parents are not using their kids in the media to benefit anyone other than the child then no problem.
As I said, there is no reason they should they hide them away as something to be ashamed of, except fear of bigots.
It is up to society to shout down the bigots.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

yes a separate thread on tainted water supply is good idea

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: JadeStar

Well you do look like a good looking woman, verses some of the others I have seen.

Most "others" you've seen, you didn't know were transgender. That's why there's such a cliche. Most people only think of transfolk based on the Hollywood portrayal, internet memes, or seeing people in mid-transition. Truth is that you see them far more than you realize. When people say "I've never seen a transgender person in the flesh", I think that's flattering to the transgender community as a whole; since I know they've seen one.

But even the most obvious of transgender people have zero obligation to appeal to you.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

yes a separate thread on tainted water supply is good idea

I agree. Tying these two issues together when there is no real link between them was a mistake from the start.

The worst are people who listen to Alex Jones who thinks we're all part of an "elitist, transhumanism, space cult to reduce the human population and replace it with asexual humanoids."

edit on 26-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If people are intellectually honest, they would accept that the time that you speak of, would be the worst time to add or block what nature is doing with hormones. You could really mess people up by doing that; mentally, emotionally and physically. And if you do, and it fails let's say the person commits suicide ???
Yet if you succeed like JadeStar parents then you are a hero.

That is a huge roll of the dice for any parent to take. It's a tough call either way.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't think any apology is necessary since endocrines and endocrine mimmikers are being dumped into the water table and we will be bred out of existence eventually. May be in 100 years, maybe more but it's coming. Maybe technology and aberration are nature's way of getting rid of something that once good, but has become a cancer on the earth.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This issue of synthetic hormones in our food/water/soil is personal for me, and one I've researched extensively and I even wrote a post about. But the hormone therapy for transgenders is just compounding an existing and longstanding problem. Birth control is another source of synthetic hormones in our water, as well as hormone replacement therapy for post-hysterectomy and menopausal women. And it's important to note that it's not just synthetic hormones wreaking havoc on our bodies, it is also chemicals called endocrine disrupters that have similar effects on the bodies. These endocrine-disrupters are commonly used in pesticides and fertilizers.

There are two points I want to make about this.
First off I was reading about transgender people who do this to help their change along.

Is it that healthy ?
Is that natural ?

For either sex I guess, the other way would be to take testosterone and block estrogen.

I don't know what to think about hormone therapy for transgenders, and much disturbs me. For starters, it's quite likely that these synthetic hormones and endocrine-disrupters caused these gender identity issues to begin with, and the problem is being declared the solution. Maybe it is, but I'm not so sure about that. Is it just further victimizing these people for profit? Is it human engineering -- human GMOs so to speak? Is it part of a depopulation agenda? (The transgender hormonal therapy causes sterility). It just strikes me as very suspect that instead of using temporary hormone therapy to correct the condition, they are using permanent hormone therapy to perpetuate/escalate the condition. And this public media blitz to promote and even embrace what is very well a crime against humanity is just too over the top for me.

The other point I was reading is that with all these being taken by people it is starting to put some of these chemicals into our water supply, which we all drink. The best filters can't remove them.

Actually, apparently reverse osmosis can remove both the synthetic hormones and endocrine-disrupters from the water supply. The problem that it is too expensive to re-fit the water treatment plants. Fortunately, home reverse-osmosis systems are available and affordable.

I know this a hot topic, but when I read that people are saying it's natural for the human body to block and take in extra of these chemicals, I do have an issue with that. There is nothing "natural" about that, for either sex. And the long term health effects are unknown.

There must be some natural component to this -- or it wouldn't be possible! I don't understand it, but I know it is. I've read about male fish with eggs in their testes... changes in male brains that resemble more closely female brains... lots of crazy stuff. Some researchers believe that hormonal disruptions at critical periods of development is one cause for transgenderism.

There is much to be concerned about, but still much study to be done. Unfortunately, many people are making lots of money off these poisons, and have no reason to support further research that could compromise those big bucks.

So I'm so glad you made this post!!! It needs to have a HUGE spotlight focused on it!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

First off I was reading about transgender people who do this to help their change along.

Is it that healthy ?
Is that natural ?

For either sex I guess, the other way would be to take testosterone and block estrogen.

The other point I was reading is that with all these being taken by people it is starting to put some of these chemicals into our water supply, which we all drink. The best filters can't remove them.

I know this a hot topic, but when I read that people are saying it's natural for the human body to block and take in extra of these chemicals, I do have an issue with that. There is nothing "natural" about that, for either sex. And the long term health effects are unknown.

Is it healthy and natural? It's correcting an already-existing health and physiological anomaly so it's a step towards being more healthy and natural, yes. It's no different than treating any number of endocrine issues.

Water supply. Huh, well that's a new angle. Given the incredibly small population of transfolks and also given the huge prevalence of everything else we put in our supply that might have an effect on hormones, I'd say it doesn't even make a difference.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yeah but you are attributing it to trans folk who are taking hormone therapy, they are a tiny percentage of the population and such a link is laughable at best.
How about looking at agriculture and foodstuffs instead of making some lame inference that trans folk are making us all gay and trans...oh noes!!!

...you clearly did not read my earlier link regarding hormone levels in trans kids, oh well, you have your right to an opinion, as do I to dismiss it as silliness.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
On the water aspect it seems the hormone therapy they take, is relatively insignificant to the other variables in play being put into our water supply. I stand corrected on this, and it is an interesting topic that has been discussed before on on ATS.

But ultimately couldn't that be a variable on the way people are feeling closer to a different sex than they were born as ?
Are the two topics more related than we know ?
Because it is happening way more in the last decade or so.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

If people are intellectually honest, they would accept that the time that you speak of, would be the worst time to add or block what nature is doing with hormones. You could really mess people up by doing that; mentally, emotionally and physically. And if you do, and it fails let's say the person commits suicide ???
Yet if you succeed like JadeStar parents then you are a hero.

That is a huge roll of the dice for any parent to take. It's a tough call either way.

Except that pre-screening and psychological evaluations before any of that occurs have made it far less of the gamble you make it out to be.

Most outcomes are like me because of that.

It's not like parents see their child doing some gender non-conforming thing and take them to the hormone doc the next week.

It doesn't work that way. We're often evaluated for years well before it becomes necessary to have medical intervention.

The worst outcomes you referred to above are as a result of not having early medical intervention, not the result of early medical intervention.

Once a trans girl goes through male puberty her medical treatment can become incredibly more complex as well as expensive as other treatments and surgeries become necessary for her appearance. Such as removing a beard, Adam's apple, brow ridge, etc. And some changes like voice and bone growth are irreversible, nothing will reverse those.

Prevention of all that is far less of a gamble than just letting things run their course.

Ask any transgender woman who went through male puberty only to transition in adulthood and they will tell you the same.

edit on 26-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Is it that healthy ?
Is that natural ?

the group effect of medications effecting the water supply is minimal but not nonexistent

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't know what to think about hormone therapy for transgenders, and much disturbs me. For starters, it's quite likely that these synthetic hormones and endocrine-disrupters caused these gender identity issues to begin with, and the problem is being declared the solution. Maybe it is, but I'm not so sure about that. Is it just further victimizing these people for profit? Is it human engineering -- human GMOs so to speak? Is it part of a depopulation agenda? (The transgender hormonal therapy causes sterility). It just strikes me as very suspect that instead of using temporary hormone therapy to correct the condition, they are using permanent hormone therapy to perpetuate/escalate the condition. And this public media blitz to promote and even embrace what is very well a crime against humanity is just too over the top for me.

I think this is the best post in this thread so far, "the problem is being declared the solution".

AMEN to that.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

But ultimately couldn't that be a variable on the way people are feeling closer to a different sex than they were born as ?
Are the two topics more related than we know ?
Because it is happening way more in the last decade or so.
Find some research then instead of just making suggestions.
My link to the study on hormone levels in trans kids (page 1) is interesting reading, it showed the standard hormone levels of their birth assigned gender.
That in itself indicates other factors at play.

Now, instead of picking holes in the research I provided, how about finding some research which supports your suggestions?

*Edit*
And the obvious question is what about all those non-trans folk who grew up drinking the same water?
Your argument is ridiculous.
edit on 26.7.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think this is the best post in this thread so far, "the problem is being declared the solution".

AMEN to that.

So you'd have rather I grew a beard and killed myself?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

NO !

Oh come on, now you are responding on pure emotion.

That poster made an excellent point about the condition of what is already in our food, water and air and how it might be causing people to feel, how do we fix it, if we give them, in there formative years, what caused it in the first place.

It would be like giving a depressed person, downers to solve their depression, it's not medically logical.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

AMEN to that.

That sounds a pretty crap option compared to living a happy fulfilling life, for sure.
...another generation and it won't be an issue to most folk, we're close where I am now, but once a few more dinosaurs die off then we'll be getting places.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

FFS don't you get it yet? We've ALWAYS had trans people, from times before we had piped water.
Just previously they were forced to live wretched lives in denial or secrecy. As society becomes less bigoted then more people talk about it and to the uninformed it would seem like an increase.
The only increase is in tolerance and open discussion/information because of that tolerance.

Pantomime dames? Shakespearean days actors? How many trans women found a place to express themselves in those roles I wonder when there was no surgery or treatment to assist in transition.

It is not a new thing, even if you wish it to be.
Either way your point is moot, as the next generations are more accepting and the dinosaurs die off.
Good thing I say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join