It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testosterone Blocking & Extra Estrogen Intake.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There are two points I want to make about this.
First off I was reading about transgender people who do this to help their change along.

Is it that healthy ?
Is that natural ?

For either sex I guess, the other way would be to take testosterone and block estrogen.

The other point I was reading is that with all these being taken by people it is starting to put some of these chemicals into our water supply, which we all drink. The best filters can't remove them.

I know this a hot topic, but when I read that people are saying it's natural for the human body to block and take in extra of these chemicals, I do have an issue with that. There is nothing "natural" about that, for either sex. And the long term health effects are unknown.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Do you really think the tiny percentage of people taking hormones for gender transition is making an impact on water supplies, really?
Perhaps think contraceptive pill instead of a thinly veiled slight on the transgender community?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I would worry more about other crap in the drinking water besides testosterone and or oestrogen..heavy metals, agriculture chemicals pesticides, fertilisers, herbicides, fracking chemicals, oil dispersion chemicals, industrial wastes, contraception pill chemicals (in urine), food additives, artificial sweeteners, pharmaceuticals like depression meds (in urine and faeces) ...the list is long.

Quite far down on that list for me, would be worrying about transgender people's contribution to the chemical cocktail we ingest from our water supplies.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Do you really think the tiny percentage of people taking hormones for gender transition is making an impact on water supplies, really?
Perhaps think contraceptive pill instead of a thinly veiled slight on the transgender community?

This

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I know chickens and a few other species of animals can change sex during their adult life. With chickens it is usually the hen at the top of the pecking order that can turn into a rooster if a rooster is needed. It happens so there must be some natural component to it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Your right about the pill, that's a good point.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As a vegan mother with boys I was advised that too much soy isn't good for boys because of you guessed it, estrogen. The better meat replacers aren't soy anyways. But, for many years soy was the only option in non dairy milk.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Other than soy, what is the best meat replacement?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Actually, upon further reading I may be barking up the wrong tree:
Science Daily

Knowing that sewage treatment plants remove virtually all of the main estrogen -- 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol (EE2) -- in oral contraceptives, the scientists decided to pin down the main sources of estrogens in water supplies.

Their analysis found that EE2 has a lower predicted concentration in U.S. drinking water than natural estrogens from soy and dairy products and animal waste used untreated as a farm fertilizer. And that all humans, (men, women and children, and especially pregnant women) excrete hormones in their urine, not just women taking the pill. Some research cited in the report suggests that animal manure accounts for 90 percent of estrogens in the environment.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My favorite brand is gardein, its made from plant protein. My kids like a brand that's made from wheat. I find it weird on pasta or sloppy Joe's.

a reply to: MysterX

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So if a male that had well intentioned parents that fed him soy his whole life, feels confused about his orientation in his mid-teens maybe a diet change could over time unconfuse him. My point is if diet can effect people that much should we be encouraging people to embrace life changing operations that permanently change them in there late teens or even early twenties ?
I mean how messed up is it if a teen has an operation and then in his 30's changes his diet and feels different again, what was removed can't be reinstalled.

The point is in our rush to embrace this, we might be doing some people great harm. And if parents are like lets give our children's certain blockers and certain additional chemicals when they are in a changing hormonal time, I know that is not healthy or smart.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Interesting thoughts, but are you aware of any studies showing a large percentage of transgendered folk being raised in high soya diet environments as children? I'm not, but I shall have a search.
My doubting spidey senses are strong in this question though.

*Edit*
Just found this, it seems relevant to me:
Transgender Youth Have Typical Hormone Levels

Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, provide care for the largest number of transyouth in the U.S. and have enrolled 101 patients in a study to determine the safety and efficacy of treatment that helps patients bring their bodies into closer alignment with their gender of identity.

Baseline characteristics of these individuals have been published on July 21 in the Journal of Adolescent Health and include a significant finding: transgender individuals have sex hormone levels consistent with the gender they were assigned at birth.
I am of the opinion that the results do not support claims of an external influence such as increased hormone intake through soy.
edit on 26.7.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not really an expert on where your thoughts have taken my statement. I just know that excessive amounts of soy isn't beneficial to boys.

I will say that I think transgenderism should be more private and taken on a case by case basis on whether it is appropriate or inappropriate. That appropriateness has nothing to do with me or my opinions, I am not that person and all that person needs from me is to respect their choices.

I will agree that life altering operations are very difficult decisions and possible that there are some that will have regrets.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I know chickens and a few other species of animals can change sex during their adult life. With chickens it is usually the hen at the top of the pecking order that can turn into a rooster if a rooster is needed. It happens so there must be some natural component to it.

Just to clarify

The hen does not completely change into a rooster, however. This transition is limited to making the bird phenotypically male, meaning that although the hen will develop physical characteristics that will make her look male, she will remain genetically female. So while the hen will no longer lay eggs, she won't be fathering any offspring, either.

Source

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
There are two points I want to make about this.
First off I was reading about transgender people who do this to help their change along.

Is it that healthy ?
Is that natural ?

It is healthy if properly monitored with an endocrinologist during the beginning.

I started t-blockers at 12 and started estrogens at 14.

I turned out healthy and natural.

You can read what I and my parents went through with all that here.

BTW: There is a TV show about a 14 year old girl who is currently doing the same on TLC called "I Am Jazz":

edit on 26-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I will say that I think transgenderism should be more private and taken on a case by case basis on whether it is appropriate or inappropriate.

Really who can judge that, the parents ? School Counselors ? Doctors ? Physiologists ?
You are going to have differing opinions even from professionals.

Do you really think pre-teens and teens should be taking extra chemicals to sway them into a gender they were not born as ? And who gets to decide that ? Could it actually be a form of child abuse ?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

This x10000

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Do you really think pre-teens and teens should be taking extra chemicals to sway them into a gender they were not born as ? And who gets to decide that ? Could it actually be a form of child abuse ?

Ah, so that's what your thread is really about then?
Should have been straight up about it in the OP.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I will say that I think transgenderism should be more private and taken on a case by case basis on whether it is appropriate or inappropriate.

Really who can judge that, the parents ? School Counselors ? Doctors ? Physiologists ?
You are going to have differing opinions even from professionals.

Um did you read this thread *at all*?

Seriously read it, especially my mom and dad's posts in it.

It's not child abuse. It would be child abuse had I had to go through a male puberty. But you probably wouldn't be talking to me right now because i'd have more than likely would have killed myself.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I have to be very careful in responding to you

Having read your story, it seemed to work for you and your parents.

But I still disagree with corrective surgery done in the teens, it too drastic for people who are still developing in every way.

Let me ask you at what age did you start to take inhibitors or supplementation of hormones ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join