It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cambridge Professor Claims Colleagues May Have Been Murdered...

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi Everyone-

This is my first thread, so apologies if I've done something wrong here. Feedback is appreciated.

Anyhow, I noticed this story on the Telegraph this morning and it caught my eye. A professor at a major university claims that his colleague's deaths may be a conspiracy by big oil? Seems like perfect ATS stuff!

Three scientists investigating melting ice...

Thanks for reading!
VB

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: voyagerboy

Interesting thread. If it is so, then the poor professor can expect a whole range of people to come out decrying what he suspects and trying to assassinate his character and work.

One can't help having a degree of sympathy with his view of suspicious coincidences, because coincidences rarely ever happen without considerably help in my experience.

Also I can't get the death of Dr Kelly out my mind when certain 'government or experts suddenly meet an early demise.
Presidents get shot in the open, but we don't have MI5 and groups like the SAS for tea parties, they are clearly able to assassinate on behalf of whoever pulls their strings - with todays politics and the vested interests involved, we should never be naive. I hope the Prof stays safe, its refreshing to hear someone speaking their mind in this country for once.
I dare say a number of people will agree with his suspicions.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
well said. dr david Kelly. one of the many murders ordered by tony blair. In many peoples opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It's interesting that he was not only brave enough to be outwardly suspicious, but he also claims to have been run off the road by a lorry driver. Maybe there's something to this. But also Professor Wadhams may also be spending too much time here on ATS. hehe

VB

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So what exactly were they finding - would be very interesting to get hold of their data and any documents they produced from it.

(going off to see if i can find anything accredited to them -but admit i have no idea where to look)

Professor of Ocean Physics,
and Head of the Polar Ocean Physics Group
in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge.

just found this with contact details so may even drop him an email.

edit to add - link to him lists all his thesis' and what he was working on

from the link

A new NERC project starting in October 2001 is the AUV-under-ice programme, in which we are funded to �208K to use Autosub in coastal polynyas in the Weddell Sea and Fram Strait.

With European Commission support Peter was Co-ordinator of a large (22 institutions from 7 countries, 8 million ECU budget) interdisciplinary study of convection and the thermohaline circulation in the Greenland Sea, known as ESOP, the European Subpolar Ocean Programme (1993-7). This project continued in a second phase (ESOP-2) until 1999, and he then continued similar work as PI for a project in the NERC ARCICE thematic programme, to continue to study the Odden ice tongue and Greenland Sea convection mechanisms. Other current or recently completed European Commission projects are:-

scaling processes in sea ice mechanics and application to ice-ocean modelling of the Baltic (field experiment winter 1997) (ICE STATE);
automatic classification of ice types from radar images and use in ship routing (ICE ROUTES);
modelling of trans-Arctic acoustic propagation and simulation of information retrieval on Arctic Ocean structure and sea ice thickness and roughness (AMOC, Acoustic Monitoring of Ocean Climate in the Arctic) - current.
New EU projects which started in 2001 are:-

further work on the physics of Greenland Sea convection (CONVECTION - Co-ordinator, 10 partners)
ice thickness mapping in the Arctic (AICSEX, Arctic ice climate simulation experiment).
EUROCLIM on Arctic sea ice and climate prediction (�450K)
As well as programmes described above, he is currently involved in an NSF-funded programme to map ice thickness and upper ocean characteristics from the Greenland Sea and Eurasian Basin obtained during recent (1996) and forthcoming UK submarine cruises, and to compare these with equivalent US data from the Eurasian and Canada Basins obtained during the SCICEX program.

His chief industrial links in ice research have been with the offshore oil and marine transport industries. He received continuous support from British Petroleum Co. from 1976 until 1992 for his research group at SPRI, covering funding of a technician and support for the design and development of novel instrumentation for use in Arctic ice engineering, e.g. wire and rod strainmeters; acceleration-tilt arrays; wave buoys for use in ice-covered waters; and satellite-tracked ice data buoys. Currently his group is involved in ice buoy design and in developing IceCam, a stop-action video recording system for unmanned monitoring of sea ice during icebreaker operations.

edit on 26-7-2015 by johnb because: additional material as referenced.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To scientists in the West? I don't think so. They certainly are harassed by deniers but murdered by oil companies? I don't think they'd risk it. Environmental activists in third world countries get murdered by contractors so I can see the guys fear but he doesn't seem to be tempering his fear with logic.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
So what exactly were they finding - would be very interesting to get hold of their data and any documents they produced from it.

(going off to see if i can find anything accredited to them -but admit i have no idea where to look)

Professor of Ocean Physics,
and Head of the Polar Ocean Physics Group
in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge.

just found this with contact details so may even drop him an email.

Thanks for the link, (sorry I had to drop it in reply, even though it's all relevant)
But anyway, Professor Wadhams seems to be out on even his own notions, at least until his own lorry incident, unless he has something underlying that is not mentioned, although it doesn't seem as if there is any secret work going on. So, all that there is, is what he has been working on, either now or in the past.
I certainly think that Dr Kelly's death was suspicious at the time, and I also remember there was a shocking spate of scientist suicide deaths years ago at Porton Down, maybe late 70's, but I never heard how that ended up, other than they may have be working on Biological warfare.
I don't think elected governments are necessarily in the know about clandestine work going on either, but I do think there are those who work for government in the grey area are, and could be capable of anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So far there is no connection between their deaths.

the only thing strange is that they are all climate change/global warming fanatics and that their deaths all occurred within a short time period.

It was just their time to die.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Though I may not have anything to add in regards to the deaths of these Climate Scientists, I see that the Fossil Fuel Fanatics are so quick to point out there is no connection.

Anyway, I am a physics grad student, from my experience and the experience of both professors and other grad students, we find that most scientists are monitored most of the time. Not only are their activities and voices monitored but their thoughts are monitored as well!! This is known as Remote Neural Monitoring and it may have been going on since the mid-80s.

Oh, and don't forget about gangstalking. Ever since about 2008, when the fossil fuel industry began to lose the argument over climate change and ok the economy crashed, many people around the country, became victims of gangstalking. I believe that the fossil fuel industry, the bankers, the "power elite" in essence saw rational, logical, scientific, falsifiable arguments for global climate change as a threat to their power and to the economy, so they implemented a program to silence critics not just vocally but mentally as well.

Gangstalking

So, maybe these scientists were harassed to death.

Many people are ganstalked, not just scientists; activists, artists, lawyers, wrestlers, anyone and everyone they consider a threat.

What is most important to them is thought control. The "power elite" created a little economy where they buy and sell ideas, thoughts. They steal a thought from one person and then give it to another either to harass the creator, to somehow give the receiver some recognition, and/or as recompense to those who worked for them in the past. There are probably all sorts of reasons.

They wanted to change the culture as well. They wanted to change the "zeitgeist" of the world basically. From a culture that emphasized pushing boundaries, free expression, and protest to one that values the simple pleasures of "stoking the homefires", "sitting in rocking chairs knitting", and is "well-balanced".

Since no amount of money, power, or resources will ever make a provable true or experimentally accurate idea false, they cannot win the global climate change, peak oil, ET debate strictly on rational grounds. So instead they attack the apparatus by which these ideas can be realized, our minds.
edit on 26-7-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
So far there is no connection between their deaths.

the only thing strange is that they are all climate change/global warming fanatics and that their deaths all occurred within a short time period.

It was just their time to die.

So scientists doing their work are "fanatics"? I save the word fanatic for describing religious nutjob's and those that would rather believe fables over science and facts fanatic. Oh well, to each his own I guess

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Would not be surprised--the fossil fuel industry is enormous. HOwever, I think these're coincidences just based on the link.

Feel for hte professor. Real or not, it must have been scary for him or still is, if he continues to believe it. And to lose those people must have hurt too. Maybe the emotions fueled the fear after the lorry incident.
edit on 26-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

big oil conspiracy? probably more likely its about 'global warming and melting ice'
lots of people are concerned about running out of mother natures frozen clean fresh water sources
that would really cause big problems in the future

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yeah, if you want to live dangerously in general, be a non-clandestine scientist. The Marconi Murders always come to mind.

I think what history will record from this time is conflict between essentially occult (secretive/clandestine) social forces and forces of openness. Whether that history will be taught in secret of schools is what remains to be seen.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

Yeah, if you want to live dangerously in general, be a non-clandestine scientist. The Marconi Murders always come to mind.

I think what history will record from this time is conflict between essentially occult (secretive/clandestine) social forces and forces of openness. Whether that history will be taught in secret of schools is what remains to be seen.

If you were a scientist that had taken a top secret program from concept to fruition, when its completed, you are just a security risk, because scientists do tend to share knowledge. Maybe the security organisations are playing hardball after the leaks from the nuclear bombs found their way to Russia in a quick and efficient manner.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
Though I may not have anything to add in regards to the deaths of these Climate Scientists, I see that the Fossil Fuel Fanatics are so quick to point out there is no connection.

Anyway, I am a physics grad student, from my experience and the experience of both professors and other grad students, we find that most scientists are monitored most of the time. Not only are their activities and voices monitored but their thoughts are monitored as well!! This is known as Remote Neural Monitoring and it may have been going on since the mid-80s.

Oh, and don't forget about gangstalking. Ever since about 2008, when the fossil fuel industry began to lose the argument over climate change and ok the economy crashed, many people around the country, became victims of gangstalking. I believe that the fossil fuel industry, the bankers, the "power elite" in essence saw rational, logical, scientific, falsifiable arguments for global climate change as a threat to their power and to the economy, so they implemented a program to silence critics not just vocally but mentally as well.

Gangstalking

So, maybe these scientists were harassed to death.

Many people are ganstalked, not just scientists; activists, artists, lawyers, wrestlers, anyone and everyone they consider a threat.

What is most important to them is thought control. The "power elite" created a little economy where they buy and sell ideas, thoughts. They steal a thought from one person and then give it to another either to harass the creator, to somehow give the receiver some recognition, and/or as recompense to those who worked for them in the past. There are probably all sorts of reasons.

They wanted to change the culture as well. They wanted to change the "zeitgeist" of the world basically. From a culture that emphasized pushing boundaries, free expression, and protest to one that values the simple pleasures of "stoking the homefires", "sitting in rocking chairs knitting", and is "well-balanced".

Since no amount of money, power, or resources will ever make a provable true or experimentally accurate idea false, they cannot win the global climate change, peak oil, ET debate strictly on rational grounds. So instead they attack the apparatus by which these ideas can be realized, our minds.

I think this is more true than most are willing to accept. That same "culture" permeates throughout Academia, from Medical Sciences to Big Ag, to Archeology. Like a modern of version of the Dark Ages, where a "religious" group cannot give up their faith in favor of losing control....most importantly in today's times: Money & Power. At one time the FBI didn't believe the Mafia existed. That same false assumption is happening regarding Academia today, but most of the population won't believe it.

JAK

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Profesor Wadhams has stated he is unhappy with the story as presented by The Times and complained to the Independent Press Standards Organisation.

Arctic sea ice expert complains to press watchdog over Times story

Cambridge professor Peter Wadhams says he was misquoted in a story about the deaths of three leading British scientists in 2013

One of the world’s leading Arctic sea ice experts has responded strongly to a Times newspaper story claiming that he thought assassins may have murdered three leading British scientists in 2013.

Professor Peter Wadhams, Cambridge professor of ocean physics, has complained to the Independent Press Standards Organissation (Ipso) that his scientific reputation had been damaged by Times environment editor Ben Webster and that he had been inaccurately quoted.

The Times said it had a recording of Wadhams’ comments and stood by the story.

The Times report centred on the deaths within a few months in 2013 of three leading sea ice scientists, two of them from University College London, and a narrow escape for Wadhams after a driver of an unmarked lorry reportedly tried to push his car off the M25.

According to Wadmams: “Webster ... asked for further details. I asked that this be completely off the record because of (a) the sensibilities of relatives of the deceased (b) my own scientific reputation (I did not want to be made out to be a crazy person), (c) the fact that these deaths were investigated and were very clearly simply an extraordinary coincidence.

“He [Webster] raised the question of whether they were murdered. I agreed that for a short time I thought that they were, since I had had the experience of being run off the road at the same time by a lorry, but that it was very clear afterwards that the three deaths were individually explainable accidents.”

He further claimed that a promise of confidentiality was breached. “I did not make any of the statements enclosed in quotation marks by the reporter. Webster promised that this was in confidence and that if he wanted to use it he would contact me first.”

Profesor Wadhams, who is head of the Polar ocean physics group in the department of applied mathematics and theoretical physics, is a controversial figure in international science, going further than more cautious colleagues in predicting the final collapse of Arctic sea ice in summer months within a few years.

The text of the complaint can be found here: Professor Peter Wadhams’ Complaint to IPSO

new topics

top topics

join