It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 "Real" incidents that proves time travelers exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger
Anyone know more about that hit and run? cool story.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst
Bro

How would they could use phones if they travel back in time?
There is no way they can make calls or anything, when there is no phone-towers.

Maybe they are just reflections from another universe, if our universes bend close enough to merge. Normally they are flowing linear path next to each other, but sometimes they overlap. Just my theory.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The hit & run story was intriguing.

Aubeck discovered that the tale had begun life as a science-fiction story penned by Jack Finney and published in a 1951 anthology. Two years later a writer named Ralph Holland reprinted the story in a booklet, but he did so without permission and removed all indication that the story was fiction. Holland was a member of a group called Borderland that was committed to promoting belief in the existence of a ‘fourth dimension.' The Fentz story, when presented as fact, ably served this agenda. Through Holland’s booklet, the tale of the accidental time traveler made its way to Europe, where it soon took root and circulated for decades within the European paranormal research community.

Rudolph Fentz

There you have it. Nothing that cool and mysterious is ever true.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thebel

Bro

Maybe they are just reflections from another universe, if our universes bend close enough to merge. Normally they are flowing linear path next to each other, but sometimes they overlap. Just my theory.

I'll save you guys a lot of time it was not a cell phone. It was a hearing aid as they were trying to hear the director.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As a child I could have totally imagined a wicker chair as a time machine!

Btw thanks for reminding me I have to find one of those chairs before it's ancient history

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gdt26
The guy killed by the car was the story that got my attention. If all the facts are correct, then that is a very very interesting story. The rest were a bit meh 😂

I've not heard of that one before either! Fascinating!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Lol damn!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I suppose we are all time travelers in one way or another. There are some rather interesting ideas and proposals regarding the idea of building a time machine or manipulating time, most of which rely on technologies we are yet to produce or require exotic matter for them to function. I guess in that respect only time will tell as to there veracity and or possible function.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
For Pete's....

Guys, you are all forgetting that Time is a human concept.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
For Pete's....

Guys, you are all forgetting that Time is a human concept.

Not exactly. Our perception and current understanding of time may be a human concept, but time itself is quite real. Every living creature experiences time; It is born, and eventually dies. Even inanimate objects experience time. If they didn't, the universe would be static.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Then so is mathematics. Time is simply a measurement of the rate that entropy increases. It can also be perceived as the fourth dimension, along with the other three spatial dimensions. Its certainly relevant to our understanding regarding our universe.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Why oh why is it every time a thread which contains the words proof...proves...etc always has some you boob video that is suppose to support said theory. No there is no proof here just as in a majority of the other threads as of late said to offer proof, you will find none there either.

A little homework goes a long way with me as far as a thread but this is just using someone else's work or someone else's agenda to back up a theory of your own and claim it as proof. Just because it is on the internet doesn't mean its true, it took many years for many of us to believe this about books as well so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it will take forever for some to realize it about the internet, You Tube is just another form of television, the poor producers version if you will.

I could entertain the idea of time traveler's as I must assume it is possible as a theory, but it will take much more than a video to prove it to me so please let us agree not to use the words proof, proves, etc as it just leads to ignorance instead of denies it

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Bro

The call was relayed through a modified Stargate that can shift in time as well as space?

Isn't it amazing how a combination of urban myths and Chinese whispers can become 'proof' of time travellers?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Number 5 is not a time traveler. Closer inspection of his clothing shows he is wearing clothing of the period and his haircut is of the time period too.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The idea of time travel in science fiction is a good one, but in reality you'd not only have to travel in time but also in space.

You'd have to figure out exactly where the Earth was in Space at any given moment in time, and exactly where your part of the Earth was on an object spinning at 1,000 miles per hour and travelling at 67,000 miles per hour at the same time.

If you simply went back in time to the spot you are currently at, the Earth won't be there anymore, even going back 1 second.

When you move through time you move to where the earth will be, then. Your time machine doesn't have to find where the earth will be, it just picks a 'when' and the machine moves to where you'd be 'then'.

The bigger problem… Putting two atoms in the same place at the same time would be calamitous.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: babybunnies
The idea of time travel in science fiction is a good one, but in reality you'd not only have to travel in time but also in space.

You'd have to figure out exactly where the Earth was in Space at any given moment in time, and exactly where your part of the Earth was on an object spinning at 1,000 miles per hour and travelling at 67,000 miles per hour at the same time.

If you simply went back in time to the spot you are currently at, the Earth won't be there anymore, even going back 1 second.

When you move through time you move to where the earth will be, then. Your time machine doesn't have to find where the earth will be, it just picks a 'when' and the machine moves to where you'd be 'then'.

Yes, that's the idea, but how would said time machine be able to calculate that position? How do you determine a precise location in three-dimensional space, when everything is constantly in motion and you have no static points of reference?

I think figuring that one out may prove to be more difficult than figuring out the temporal side of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Seems odd that the stories are always about traveling back in time, never forwards. There are isolated cases I've heard about but it's usually backwards. There's a street in Liverpool, UK that's very famous for these time slips, with people reporting that they briefly seemed to be walking down the same street but like 200 years in the past. Lots of reports of it, think a policeman reported it once too.

Either way, interesting video. Agree with one of the earlier posters too - text is barely legible at times!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DaemonD14

The future hasn't happened yet,so you can't go there.It's like travelling to a town that hasn't been built yet,you have to wait for the future to happen,then go there when it's been built.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

Started to watch it but had to turn it off, the font they are using to describe the events is barely legible against the background images. Not your fault of course.

Not the video creators' fault either. I don't know how you could even see the pics at the 140p default.
Change the settings on the video to a higher quality, like, yknow, one would do with any other YouTube video ever.

The "hipster" one is so silly. They always mention his "portable camera" but the guy in front of him obviously is holding one too. His clothes, glasses, and haircut are totally normal for the time period. "Hipsters" dress like him because it's vintage, not the other way around.

The two women in 1901 who met Marie Antoinette etc. likely ran into some theater or re-enactment folks who had some fun at the ladies' expense. If you take notice of the kind of stuff people on here believe today, you can understand there are a lot of people who will believe anything they are told. So either the ladies were gullible and believed they met people from the past, or, they made it up and the people they told back home were gullible and believed their story.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The cell phone one has been debunked a million times. Itnis some sort of listening/hearing device. Look it up. I would but on a tablet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join