It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mazes and Monsters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
When a group of college students play their favorite role playing game in real life one of them begins a descent into madness.
Mazes and Monsters

I thought the movie was okay. The acting was good. The story reminds me of the fuss that people raised about the game Dungeons & Dragons and how dangerous they thought it was. I got a chuckle out of that.

Here's the movie. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Is this the one with Tom Hanks?

The whole Dungeons &Dragons leads to psychosis and devil worship thing of the '80's was a fun experience to live through. As my avatar name suggests, I was one of those kids. I had to keep my 2nd edition players handbook hidden in my comic book collection so my dad who listened to conservative talk radio while fixing tractors wouldn't find it and think it was a means to conjure Beelzebub.

There are a few cheesy movies like mazes that I rented on vhs waaay back in the day for a good laugh. The one where Tom Hanks tries to use his magic at the end is classic. They all run together for me though.

Thanks for the flashback as usual, Skids

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

You're welcome.
That is the one with Tom Hanks. I didn't play games like that back then but would have if I'd had friends that did. Instead, my mom was after my heavy metal collection. Those stupid TV talking heads had her convinced that anyone who listened to metal was a satanist. Thanks, Geraldo.

ETA: I'd thought that you were a gamer, judging from your name. That's one of the coolest monsters in D&D, by the way.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Good movie, cheesy made for TV, but still fun to watch. D&D was big back then. I personally never got into it. I was more a PC gamer, and then found Nintendo. Now I play Nintendo to this day. Wii U.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yeah, there's a lot of cheese in there. Most of the 80's movies had at least a little.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I enjoyed that one when it came out. An, yeah, some of the sentiments about D&D came into the story. Still, well done overall, and worth a watch. It's kind of funny; when I re-watched it a few years ago, with some family members that hadn't seen it yet, I had totally forgotten that it was Ton Hanks. Came as a surprise! He was basically unknown back then.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

True he was unknown. I saw on IMDB that this was his first leading role.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yeah. We watched a DVD, and I didn't read the actors' names beforehand. Quite the surprise!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dungeons & Dragons - Satan's Game (LOL)....

Watch E.T. again. In the beginning (why they ordered the pizza), Elliot's brother and his friends are playing D&D (though called it Monsters and Mazes I think)....

This Dead Ale Wives' Club bit is much closer to the real thing, LOL.

edit on 27-7-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I'll look ET up. I guess I missed that part. Thanks for telling me.
The video is funny. I'm glad that none of the game sessions have been like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yep, Elliot has to go get the pizza in order for his brother to let him play....

www.youtube.com...

Never caught it before, but the boys are saying what they want on their pizza, even though it's clear they have already ordered it, and has been on its way......

And man, some of this acting...looking at you Tommy Howell, is horrible....
edit on 29-7-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I've seen that movie several times and for the life of me I can't see how I could have missed that scene. Thanks.

(post by zakaria222 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'll look ET up. I guess I missed that part.

top topics

join