It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam the Solution to the West's Deep Internal Malaise?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: Drest

Religion is from the Dark Ages. Let's leave it there.

It really is.

Religion is tribalism and that is the cause of global internal malaise. You can't get rid of it, just hope people walk away from it when they find internal peace not subject to someone else tribal agenda and understanding on how they have been played for so long.

Freedom from religion is freedom from fear, it is a great place for your mind to be in and I wish that peace of mind for people. They won't hate each other so much or themselves...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My point of view:

Trading Bush like cronies out for House of Saud cronies? Muhammad was a warmonger and the things Isis do today are the same that he did in his life. Wahabbies are following the Quran. Wahabbies are not following the Sufi way.

If you are talking about some kind of new Islam that is deeply Sufi influenced to the point that you start to forget Muhammad ideas and values then you might be on to something.

I do agree that usury and materialism is insane but that do not mean we are agreeing on other things. Islam is a power pyramid scheme where the people are controlled by the elite and priests to do their will enslaved by lack of spiritual and logical awareness.

Self control exists in many spiritual views. The power pyramid of enslavement is in both Christian faith and Islam. Why choose a path that do not get me closer to the source but makes me a slave to other humans who have no spiritual clue?

Why follow narcissistic wannabees like Paul and Muhammad when you can go to the source directly?
edit on 26-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: NthOther

If Saudi Arabia is the answer Id hate to think what the question is that being said if I conclude my philosophy is superior to all others then I write off a significant proportion of humanity as clueless,I prefer the Bruce Lee approach adopt what is useful reject what is of no use.There are some things Islamic worthy of consideration for example their banking system is far better than ours.

From my point of view:

I agree. The system with Fiat money and Debt banking is pure parasitism/enslavement to the top of the power pyramid. There is no symbiosis at all in it. Objectively immoral.

So Islam did get this one right.
. I wish there was a community that got it all right and could create the harmonious beautiful place that humanity have the potential for but have always failed to manifest. A place where all souls are there brothers and sisters keepers.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 26-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think everyone should be free to explore their own version of faith.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Quite eloquently written and interesting to read. You clearly don't care for Western life so I presume you honour your principles and live in an islamic country. as its obviously more to your critique?

If you are thinking of trying to convert others to your beliefs, personally I wouldn't touch islam with a barge pole and would point out to you how many people are limping out of islamic countries to come and live in the west - they clearly don't share your views or they would't be coming from such ideallic countries would they?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I will bow to no god, especially the non existent.

If a god actually existed, don't you think that at least once in the last 2,000 years he would have been present.

No miracles, no saviors, no wrath of god, nothing.

2,000 years of nothing.

As soon as humans have reliable lasting historical recordings, nothing.

There is not and never was a god, if there were, this wouldn't be the case.

It is most likely as the sumarians thought, aliens created a race of slaves, got what they wanted here and left.

This is the obvious most likely scenario, given the info we have.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: chewi

when someone slams Christians and compares them Muslims. That is being a Muslim apologist

Even if one hates all religions and all religious people

My point is no one appears to be capable of defending or even discussing Muslim actions without slamming Christians which is defacto apologist for the acts of middle school east muslins

Becouse they are the same with different name. Are you a Christian trying to defend what you are doing or are you a muslim defending what you are doing. I am neither and no apologist. pick on someone else to compere notes on religion. They both disgust me. Have you been reading my posts or just the one. Do you not get it. I am talking about muslims because that is the title. I was asked about Christians and gave my opinion. read it all instead of cherry picking an argument to defend Christians, muslims or any other scumbag controlling religion.
religion doesn't scare me. people do.
ignorant people with a little bit of knowledge and half the picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

In all recorded history there has not been a single positive theocracy,not even a Buddhist one.

There can't be, at the core of this ideology is a lie.

There is no god, period, living like there is, is a lie, subconsciously this gets regected, because all know it is false at a base level.

There is we, and them.

They might be more advanced, but god's, they are not.

Life takes what it wants, if a god actually existed this would not be the case .

Because this mindset requires pain suffering and destruction.

For all of life to even be possible, these 3 things must exist.

If a god were real, he would be a pos completely happy watching others suffer for his own enjoyment.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
it's very simple:

the very rich use the media to convince people all over the world, that people in certain locales have problems that no other place on the planet suffers with. it's a false narrative. this was used against the muslims in the middle east and is currently being used against americans and christians (with the occassional spattering of attacks on jews and buddhists).

whilst hitler was killing millions of jews, christians, pagans and so on, elsewhere (in russia) stalin was killing millions of christians, muslims, jews, pagans, atheists and etc, to the tune of millions more than hitler (he was much worse than hitler and it was covered up. gotta ask yourself WHY?!). notice that was and still isn't, factored into the picture of what is wrong and right with the planet. the whole problem is chalked up to one world view or another and then that theme is repeated endlessly in various forms of propaganda from the school textbook to the tv, radio, music, movies, and beyond. yet none seem to have the whole picture.

so rather than saying the west is this that and the other thing (Cause we all know about the skeletons in the closets of foreign nations, muslim, christian, jewish, pagan, communist, or not), i'd be willing to bet the whole thing is a FAKE narrative.

it's fake . all of it. fake fake false and balderdash
edit on 26-7-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

warning, condensed version of ancient history incoming:

i think it more likely that prior occupants of the earth, who had risen to high technology and had full body regeneration, evacuated the planet before a cataclysm, then returned after the cataclysm, refurbished the earth and made clones of themselves to rebuild the basic infrastructures for mining, farming and other civilization building requirements.

so rather than saying ET came here and created us as slaves, i'm going with, the prior occupants came back here after a cataclysm that left the earth "tohu and bohu" and in order to return the earth to a functional civilization, made copies of themselves and made those copies, into workers. the geneticist who made the copies, gave us the ability to clone ourselves (procreation) so there would always be a ready supply of workers, and that's when things got ugly cause the guy who owned the place and who was in charge, didn't really like the idea of procreating workers with full body regen. he preferred the cloning method so the population growth could be monitored. he thought of the clones like herds of cattle. so he demanded that the procreative clones have their dna modified so that they had limited life span.

theoretically, of course.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drest

Islam, utterly uncompromising, unbending, unyielding. A stalwart, powerful religion that refuses to bend to global currents. Defiant. The religion that spits in the face of globalist hegemony. The religion that inspires people to live and die by it's tenets, regardless of inconvenience, danger, and death.

But the most important aspect of Islam, the quality that could liberate us all, is it's disdain for selfish desire. Islam is a brotherhood, a community, and it prizes Discipline and Self-Control above all other qualities. Discipline is submission to Allah, it is an acknowledgement and an attestation of faith.

I don't think Islam is the solution to America's problems. I like how you were honest about your faith here. Very straightforward post. People should read what I quoted from you to understand just what Islam means and why it could be a bad idea. Of course, that depends on their perspective.

However, I do think that the advances atheism are making will leave a power vacuum that will allow Islam to spread more easily than if Christianity was still going as mainstream as it was. I think there are many who will follow your message.
edit on 26pmSun, 26 Jul 2015 14:15:37 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You must be kidding, I'd rather have it sick as it is, than letting someone come with shariahs and stuff....

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

it looks like the precession of the ages thing.
when the age of taurus ended, all the bull worshippers were blamed for everything and slaughtered.
when the age of aries ended, all the shepherds (jews and egyptians) were blamed for everything and slaughtered.
now the age of pisces is ending, and they want to slaughter and replace the fish (christian) people.
it has to be the WORST reason ever, to kill people, but it appears that is exactly what is happening in the elite circles.
they use the precession of the equinoxes to reboot the planet's population by creating a dominant religion, at the beginning of the age, and then blaming it for all their (elites) own decisions.
we MUST (according to the elite guys that control all this crap) go into the age of aquarius and whatever religion that supposedly supports will be the big kahuna and will decree the deaths of all the fish people. they probably promised their patsies that they will be the new dominant religion that does the deed.

it's a sick and twisted form of population control.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

In all recorded history there has not been a single positive theocracy,not even a Buddhist one.

Whoa, whoa, wait up there. Not One?
What about the Greek Orthodox theocracy of the late Byzantine Empire? While we might not think of the Byzantine Empire as having been a theocracy, it was, for all practical purposes. The Emperor's served mostly at the pleasure of the Patriarch and did not long survive if they crossed the Patriarch or moved against his wishes.

And, the Byzantine Empire is resplendent with many positive achievements in Art, Law, Architecture, music and literature. And that's not to mention the Byzantine Empire's work as standing as the preserver of much of what has come to be known as "Western" Civilization. While its true the fortunes of the Empire waxed and waned, that had to do as much with the operation of external forces beyond its control as anything else. In fact that it survived as long as it did is something of a miracle of ingenuity and its ability to adapt under extreme circumstances. Its military achievements alone are staggering considering the forces arrayed against it. And of course, it contributed mightily to the trade and commerce of Western Europe for nearly 1000 years!

Just for your consideration that is.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

the ancient egyptians outshone, or at least, appear to have outshone, every civilization that came after. you realize they lasted 4000 years? four thousand.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

the ancient egyptians outshone, or at least, appear to have outshone, every civilization that came after. you realize they lasted 4000 years? four thousand.

Yeah, but they had Stargates.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: undo

Yeah, but they had Stargates.

useful appliances eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Drest

Here on ATS, I'm sure that many of you know this malaise I speak of.

No. People may cry about aspects of the West that they don't like (because they can), but I would rather live in a Western democracy than some theologically driven, medieval state with Islam - or any religion - dictating what we can and cannot do!

Islam is no answer. In fact, Islam holds countries back and keeps people ignorant and repressed. You just need to look at the Arab world as proof.

Show me a Muslim nation that takes women's rights seriously, and I'll happily rethink my whole post.

Any Muslim person who thinks the West is not for them is free to emigrate to Saudi, or Pakistan. Not many do when they sit and have a think about it, eh!

Yeah, I can in fact. Libya, before Ghaddafi was illegally ousted by Western "humanitarians", had women's rights nearly up to a western standard.

To everyone saying Islam holds people back and has only been a force of regression in the world: I suggest you pick up a book before spouting your bile all over the Internet. That's such a huge problem today- people form opinions like they are deciding what they want to eat at McDonalds. Knee-jerk, whimsical opinion-choosing that holds us back from a good discussion.

While Europe was in the "Dark Ages" (that term is a misnomer BTW, not accepted by modern scholars), the Arab world was breaking ground in mathematics, physiology, medicine, engineering and astronomy. We have guys like Averroes translating the works of Aristotle, and that knowledge actually filtering back into Europe from the Arab world. Ironically, the Europeans had all but forgotten their own great philosophers and had to be reminded of them by the Arab world. A caliph called Al-Rashid built the largest library in the world in Baghdad (which was basically the center of the world), and there are countless examples of Muslim leaders patronizing the secular sciences during this period.

The simple fact is that you would not have your vaunted Western civilization without Islam. The idiocy of denigrating Islamic civilization and glorifying the West is just unbelievable, but not surprising from a mediocre website like this. You use their numbers, their math, their science. It's like insulting your uncle and saying you never needed him, praising your own skill at fishing, when it was your uncle who taught you to fish.

You all need to seriously rethink yourselves.

Go on, tell me how superior your civilization is.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

western civ is based on ancient egypt, who were the ancestors of many modern day muslims. so i think what you mean to say is, western civ is not giving credit to modern muslims whilst partaking in the wisdom of the muslims ancestors. this cannot be helped as we are all being herded toward a rebooting of the planet via that completely insane "precession of the equinoxes" paradigm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join