It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam the Solution to the West's Deep Internal Malaise?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

It's just too easy to paint a picture of western evil.

If it's so easy, what does that tell us about Western society?

That it's evil, maybe?

And if that's the case, why are people still so adamant about defending it?

What some call "radicalization" others call, simply, "waking up".

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

If Saudi Arabia is the answer Id hate to think what the question is that being said if I conclude my philosophy is superior to all others then I write off a significant proportion of humanity as clueless,I prefer the Bruce Lee approach adopt what is useful reject what is of no use.There are some things Islamic worthy of consideration for example their banking system is far better than ours.
edit on 26-7-2015 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not unmoving, I actually enjoyed reading it and in ideology it sounds great. In reality however, I could never convert to Islam as long as their is Jihad. I just don't feel it bro.

That reminds me of a line from the movie Fury.

"Ideals are peaceful, history is violent."

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yes....I'll follow the paragraph in sura 29-31 where it states that none of these writings shall replace the original writings of Moses......
in the Koran, right there for all to see
or read elsewhere as the rocks and trees themselves shout out..........
there's a jew hiding behind me....come chop his head off........

etadd: you got 2 flags....baby!!
edit on 26-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I was referring to the actions of our governments. Not our society. Don't put words in my mouth please.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I was referring to the actions of our governments. Not our society. Don't put words in my mouth please.

The government only has the power granted it by the people (society), no?

Or are you saying that our governments have usurped popular sovereignty?

...which would, in my book, reinforce the whole "evil" idea.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So well written... If a little confrontational.

But wasted, or unmoving on the audience that awaits you.

Shame about the proselytising accusation...
Seems you did a bit of that too.

Salam.

Not proselytizing per se. One of my intentions was to counter the (rather tired) sentiments concerning religion and it's relation to the NWO/Globalists etc. It's often said here that religion is just a tool of control, in service to some totalitarian agenda.

I beg to differ. Some religious structures do serve those interests, but not all. I believe a sufficiently potent faith may be just the thing we need to free ourselves. History has proven time and again that uncompromising, zealous devotion can achieve the impossible. The history of Islam itself is a fine example. Out of an obscure, arid little region in the Middle East arose a Caliphate spanning from Iberia to India. No one would have thought it possible, but it happened. The entire thing beginning with a single Prophet.

The possibilities are endless.

So the question I pose to ATS is simple: would you rather just sit here and moan about the state of things, or would you get involved with something that can effect real change?

But I already know the answer. You all will just stay here, safe in your comfort zone. Right where they want you.

Wa’alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Drest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Drest

I'm trying to digest this. I will not knock you down. To be honest you almost lost me at "Masturbation". But I read on. I have nothing against Islam. True followers are very peaceful. But you have get out and meet them. Westerners are quite nice and peaceful as well. But you have get out and meet them.

Not all Westerners are game playing, soda drinking, junk food eating.... some of us do it in moderation .Just like not all Muslims are sword carrying, head lopping extremist.

I understand to have faith on either sides of the very small world. It takes discipline. Discipline takes and makes characters.

But I must admit... I have faith. I just don't subscribe to any religion that intentionally pours their views without asking me first. So that said. I don't go to church. But I live every day trying my best to help others in need. I Always put others before me...

OH! Hi Charliespeirs!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hey BigBurgh my friend.

Just found this everyone...

www.rt.com...

This is what I was talking about ISIS falling on their own sword.

Bittersweet.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm sure citizens of Islamic nations have their own problems.

The Islamic solution that you describe can also be seen in anyone who hands over control of their life to a higher power. The source of the problem doesn't go away, they just stop trying to fix things. Not sure that counts as a solution.
edit on 26-7-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Thanks. Clicking link now.

Oh boy. Jealousy is a bad drug.....

A couple quotes from your link.

“If they feel he is no longer of any use to them,” a source told the Mirror, IS would drop him “like a stone or worse.”

“So it is possible he will end up suffering the same fate as his victims,”

I'd feel bad for him. But he is evil that went viral.
RUN JOHNY ... RRRRRRUNNN!
edit on 26-7-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2015 by Bigburgh because: spacing out quotes.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Is Islam the Solution to the West's Deep Internal Malaise?

No.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I remember reading about a feminist who converted to Islam because the costume protects the woman from the male gaze. It's a perfect fit for the the trending Puritanism that is the current culture.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well written but you haven't sold me.

The only reason I need to not join is that I can do all of what you mentioned I should do, without " officially" being religious.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I may of appointed an imaginary friend as my personal Lord and master at 5 years of age but by 50 I've learnt that if there is a God his only redeeming feature would be a sick sense of humour.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drest

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So well written... If a little confrontational.

But wasted, or unmoving on the audience that awaits you.

Shame about the proselytising accusation...
Seems you did a bit of that too.

Salam.

I believe a sufficiently potent faith may be just the thing we need to free ourselves. History has proven time and again that uncompromising, zealous devotion can achieve the impossible.

The possibilities are endless.

So the question I pose to ATS is simple: would you rather just sit here and moan about the state of things, or would you get involved with something that can effect real change?

Christianity is that faith. No it is not what you think, for it is under the radar but exists in every country of the world and is united. It is nothing like what most adherents to Islam would think it is. And it is nothing like Christendom.

Jesus, the prophet which Islam excepts, and who is a great prophet in Christianity said this:

"A time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem...a time is coming and has now come when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth." John 4:21-23

The Father is Yekhwah

You see, true worshipers do not need a "Holy Place" in which to worship, because the truth must be told and thus we must spread out.

What some are doing in certain places is contrary to the teachings of the Quran.

The Cow 85:

After this it is ye, the same people, who slay among yourselves, and banish a party of you from their homes; assist (Their enemies) against them, in guilt and rancour; and if they come to you as captives, ye ransom them, though it was not lawful for you to banish them. Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? but what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life?- and on the Day of Judgment they shall be consigned to the most grievous penalty. For Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.

So I see a caliphate that is treacherous among it's own people, and others, and goes against the very book that it claims to represent.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Maybe everything is predetermined and everyone you just slated have no control over the event's in their lives. Maybe there is a good reason for all of the event's currently in progress.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

If there is predestination then what of free will does it thus become an illusion,Islam means 'to submit' or surrender my free will,interestingly the gnostic gospels state that if man loses free will then the true creator will forclose.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Isn't there a Jokes forum

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Is there a separate thread where we can discuss this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join