It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in The Image of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Let us make human beings in our image, after our likeness.
God created mankind in his image;
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

The Golden Ratio is often reffered to as the fingerprint of God.
Everything in the universe has this fingerprint right down to the quantum level.
Golden Ratio Discovered in Quantum World

Galaxies, Humans, Animals, Even the mandlebrot set representation of the universe.

In mathematics, two quantities are in the golden ratio if their ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities.

The golden ratio also is called the golden mean or golden section (Latin: sectio aurea). Other names include extreme and mean ratio, medial section, divine proportion, divine section (Latin: sectio divina), golden proportion, golden cut, and golden number.

The Flower of life is said to be responsible for the manifestation of physical reality and the seed of life, tree of life, and Flower of life have the Fingerprint of God. Even the manifestation of imagination is in the golden ratio, as the saying goes before god could form a circle he first had to imagine the three dimensions.

Interestingly enough, the flower of life is similar to the human body.
it seems to be in the same sacred geometry as the golden ratio.

The Golden Ratio is even in the Mandelbrot set, which i have read is a representation of our universe.
in the first image we can see phi in the Mandelbrot set, in the second image we see the golden ratio in the number of "Spokes" on the Mandelbrot set.

So, With everything in the Universe somehow in the Golden Ratio, Wouldn't God also be in the Golden ratio?
what does it truly mean to be made in the Image of God? What if everything was in the Image of God?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

www.abovetopsecret.com...
originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
since the width of our palm on arms length covers 1/36th of a full turn, and the width of our palm typically equals the height of our forehead and the width between your eyes, and it takes 36 of these measures on arm's length to cover a full circle; add the numbers from 1 through 36 and you get 666. First six Roman numerals: I + V + X + L + C + D = DCLXVI = 666

So if 36 palms were touching each other at the edges, would it complete a full circle?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The image IS what you see, the golden ratio. Everything abides by it, what you see right now is the golden ratio in the form of a very complex and visual world. This is the image, we are the Golden Ratio itself in the form of its image. The image is what you see, an image of light that lights the world around you. Look in the mirror, you are being made in God's image. Not the reflection on the mirror, the one seeing the reflection. The reflection is what is within the image, the one seeing it is the invisible God.

I believe my thread The Truth of Things is VERY relevant to this topic. Funny how we posted it at almost the same time.

Delete the link if it's inappropriate or against T&C.
edit on 7/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

"add the numbers from 1 through 36 and you get 666."

No, that's not true.

Edit: it is true Charlie and you fail even with a calculator!!!
edit on 26-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No, that's not true.

It doesn't sound right when you hear it, weird eh

www.sciforums.com...
DCLXVI = 666

Just to point out that the no. 666 is actually DCLXVI in roman numerals, and that D,C,L,X,V and I, in turn, are the first six symbols in the roman numerical system in reverse order (i.e. I, V, X, L, C and D backwards). It's like us writing 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0, and then someone coming along to add them all up to get 45!

SO, my question for the OP is:

Are we the image of God or are we the image of the Beast, or both?
edit on 7/26/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

No, that's not true.

www.sciforums.com...
DCLXVI = 666

Just to point out that the no. 666 is actually DCLXVI in roman numerals, and that D,C,L,X,V and I, in turn, are the first six symbols in the roman numerical system in reverse order (i.e. I, V, X, L, C and D backwards). It's like us writing 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0, and then someone coming along to add them all up to get 45!

We are the 6 we strive to be like 7.
why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7,8,9.
IF 7 can devour 9 then it can Devour 6.
When 7 eats 6 it becomes 13, one of the numbers in the fibonnacci sequence.
Interestling enough there is a total of 13 commandments, and jesus and his 12 apostles makes 13.

Carbon, The Building block of life, which is in humans and all known living things, has 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and six electrons.

but if so then why would jesus ever say to his apostles "Ye are Gods!" ?
is my question for you.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Image of god? How does anyone know what that is? Here is my image of my higher power and it looks nothing like any human

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
is my question for you.

Nitrogen: Atomic number 7, 1/7th of the Universe, 77% of the Earth's atmosphere. Odorless and transparent.

Nitrogen is a chemical element with symbol N and atomic number 7. It is the lightest pnictogen and at room temperature, it is a transparent, odorless diatomic gas. Nitrogen is a common element in the universe, estimated at about seventh in total abundance in the Milky Way and the Solar System. On Earth, the element forms about 78% of Earth's atmosphere and as such is the most abundant uncombined element. The element nitrogen was discovered as a separable component of air, by Scottish physician Daniel Rutherford, in 1772.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

is my question for you.

Because we have the potential for Godship. Which can only
mean God is procreating thru us, his creation to do so.

And there you have our purpose.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Anyone can complicate a given subject, but true genius is in simplifying to its basic form...

"Love moves from image to frontier." -Americanist

image. Mathematics . the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.

Also called frontier. Mathematics . the collection of all points of a given set having the property that every neighborhood of each point contains points in the set and in the complement of the set.

3 - System of 33 - Truth (Universal Structure)

Rule of Threes

Infinity - The Sum of All Things Zero (Zero Sum)

I put Universal Theory together in 2007 then transferred everything over to facebook.

fb/Americanists (On Our Faces: A Map of the World)
edit on 26-7-2015 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

No, that's not true.

www.sciforums.com...
DCLXVI = 666

Just to point out that the no. 666 is actually DCLXVI in roman numerals, and that D,C,L,X,V and I,

Awesome about the Roman numerals in reverse=666

And yes we are the image of the beast and of God. As we are the temple of God and the beast sets up an image of himself in the holy of holies which since we are the temple is inside of us this means we are setting up an image of our outer nature as the image of God. This is the veiled face of death. We create God in our image which is our fleshly image. That is until we are unveiled. "And we all with unveiled faces are reflecting the glory of the lord as in a mirror" we are no longer looking in the mirror at the veil of flesh but at the true image of God. "Are being transformed (this is the word transfigured) into the exact same image from glory to glory.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

is my question for you.

Because we have the potential for Godship. Which can only
mean God is procreating thru us, his creation to do so.

And there you have our purpose.

i have heard it said that "you are a thought and thought creates thought."

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Interestling enough there is a total of 13 commandments, and jesus and his 12 apostles makes 13.

Carbon, The Building block of life, which is in humans and all known living things, has 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and six electrons.
is my question for you.

This is just a string of meaningless non sequiturs.Real math and real truth has real meaning and purpose.

edit on 26-7-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

is my question for you.

This is just a string of meaningless non sequiturs.Real math and real truth has real meaning and purpose.

Thats just a saying i made up and the carbon thing i saw online. its not really supposed to mean anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I'm probably to blame for all of that nonsense. I shouldn't have brought up what I did because it was almost OT.. but ..

Where does the flower of life and the golden ratio come into correlation? I mean you could copy and paste the flower of life over the circle encompassing the man in the Da Vinci drawing but, even then, you'd have to enlarge it or make it smaller to fit just right. That's the most my simple self has actually figured out about this wonderful thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I believe the statement “Let us make mortal man in our own image.” is referring to our spirit/soul. No matter what religion you believe in if you believe in the afterlife you must realize that our existence will primarily be in spirit form. As it is said, God is Spirit, so our true form would be spirit if we were made in God's image.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

is my question for you.

Thats just a saying i made up and the carbon thing i saw online. its not really supposed to mean anything.

Thanks Belcastro,

My point was math is objective and reasonable.It isn't subjective theories of the esoteric.The fact is phi-Phi and the Fibonacci sequence are very significant in the creation of all matter however to extrapolate and propagate religious beliefs about them marginalizes their importance.In one sense it is very simple and infinitely complex however "spiritulizing" numbers is not reasonable.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
God gives the child, and sees through their eyes for a time, all the wonder and magic of His creation. And leaves just enough memory of that time to bring that person back to him when they face trials. The unimaginable lies ahead in His Kingdom, Magnificent beyond all measure....

new topics

top topics

join