It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth of Things

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I believe you are the one nor getting it personally. History has its roots in words that mean "story" and "wiseman".

Wiseman is where I'm getting "his" from, it is the wisemans (his) story. HISTORY is to mean, etymologically, "his story" which is to literally "see" at its etymological root.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe you are the one nor getting it personally. History has its roots in words that mean "story" and "wiseman".

Wiseman is where I'm getting "his" from, it is the wisemans (his) story. HISTORY is to mean, etymologically, "his story" which is to literally "see" at its etymological root.

Let me put it like this, in spanish the word is Historia but "His-Storia" means nothing. Probably the same in many other languages. In english it's just a cute little coincidence.

You are reading too much into it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

To "look" at something is to focus on its movement, to think about what it is doing. It doesn't matter what that something is, whether a bird flying through a natural scene or a TV screen whose picture moves, it doesn't matter. As long as you are focused on any one thing, no matter your environment, you are not seeing the whole picture or image in its fullness, you are only focused on one aspect of it.

Can you ride a bicycle if you solely focus on moving the pedals? No, you must also control your balance, steer, watch your surroundings, etc. To focus on one thing, to only move the pedals, is to not see the bigger picture, it is not to ride a bike. The whole action of riding a bike consists of many parts just as the image is consisted of many parts, to focus on one thing is to fall off the bike.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The shepherd is also the butcher,a truth for you to keep in mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Yet the word history itself mean "his story", a wiseman's story, not a wisewomans story, but a mans, HIS.

Let's forget the word play here with the English version, let's focus on the roots of the word. Yes, history being spelled as "his story" could very well be a coincidence, but its etymological roots are not.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yes we are. In this moment, we are all that….nothing but light, illuminating the here and now. Thanks for expressing this so well.
tetra

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Sure, we all die. There's no avoiding that, we'll all be "butchered" at some point, some in more pleasant ways than others, but the fact still remains that life remains beautiful if you look at it in the right light.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That was my point so, why single out TV and the Internet? Why wasn't everyone enlightened before the invention of those two things?

Also, what do you get for seeing the now? What's the big advantage? You seem to still be here reading your computer screen and pressing keys.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
How does that work for blind people? Of course you might say that to 'see' means to understand but at the same time you use the word image and all of your examples use the analogy of sight.
Can we use other senses then as an analogy or metaphor? I think we can but will leave that up to you.
I would suggest that it is not the image that is important or relevant but the viewer of said image...or even the thinker of thoughts regarding this.
It would seem that from what you believe it is you that it is the illusion and for true 'seeing' to occur you will have to disappear. It is not the image that is the illusion but you.
I would also suggest that you and the now, although irrevocably bound, are mutually exclusive.
edit on 26-7-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I singled them out for the sake of pointing out the establishments tools to keep us focused on everything but what is happening presently. There's no problem in using these things on a first hand basis, they can be beneficial in several ways, but on a 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th hand basis, the system that creates those things is there solely in order to maliciously distract us. Nature is there to distract us sure, but it is not in a malicious way.

Technology is not needed in order to reach enlightenment, people have been distracted for a very long time, long before technology. Those in power adjust with the times. Before it was jobs, taxes, politics, war, religion, etc., now it includes all of that plus technology. There have been MANY enlightened beings throughout history and religion is a poor reflection (intentionally so) of their teachings.
edit on 7/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Let's forget the word play here with the English version, let's focus on the roots of the word.

The wordplay is all you have. Without that, in english, you have nothing.

Yes, history being spelled as "his story" could very well be a coincidence, but its etymological roots are not.

The roots are not "his story" either. It's ιστορική. I don't know greek but I do now that it is supposed to be histor so it couldn't be "his story" might be "his store". Maybe it's where Jesus did his shopping.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Technology is not needed in order to reach enlightenment and you implying that there have only been enlightened beings since technology came to the forefront is intellectually dishonest and completely untrue.

I never said that.

Thee have been MANY enlightened beings throughout history and religion is a poor reflection (intentionally so) of their teachings.

But there have been many more unelightened people despite there being no TV or Internet. That is what I said.

edit on 26-7-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

The etymology is what I have, the word play was only a possible coincidence that I decided to highlight, it has no bearing on the meaning of the word and its root. Pretend I never said "his story", does that change the fact that the three lowest roots along that words lineage mean "to see" "inquire" "wiseman" and "story"? Who is seeing and inquiring on the story? The wiseman, because it is his story. Like I said, forget the coincidence of "his story" and "history", that has no bearing on the discussion at this point.

Look up the etymology yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Look up the etymology yourself.

Already did. How do you think I came up with the root being "histor".

The thing is that without the word play there is nothing to it. It's just a word. You are reading to much into it and it really doesn't have anything to do with your OP except in a contrived manner.
edit on 26-7-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I corrected that part of my post, sorry, I read your post wrong.

I agree that there have been more unenlightened people than enlightened ones. Technology isn't the only tool TPTB have used to distract us in the past though. Sports, politics, religion, war, taxes, jobs, etc. All there to oppress us and distract us from the truth. Technology is just one of the newer iterations of their game.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

You are assuming that they need to distract us. I have seen people living in the sticks and they are no closer to any universal truth than those exposed to orchestrated distractions.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I understand and appreciate the state of awareness of "now", and being completely immersed in the experiencial present.

On the other hand, like anything else, it has effects and consequences in this material world that can be more or less beneficial, depending upon circumstances of that particular momentary present.

This is a state of powerlessness in material and physical terms - it is a complete rendering of all power/responsibility in events and interactions between the self and other, or internal and external world. It can be healing, comforting, create detachment from past and future thought and emotion.

It can be an effective sanctuary in times of worry, stress, discontent or suffering.I have found it can even make extreme physical pain tolerable - the immersion in each present "now" removes the experience of pain from being a sustained in time.

It also leaves the responsibility/power of this exterior objective world to others around, as they focus on past and future, their behaviors and choices determine the direction of events... that you will be submitted to.
It means denial of self, and with all the other selves around you not in the same state, they shall be exerting their individual will towards their own desires and needs, not yours.

Except if those around in your "now" happen to be in relationship of empathy and trust with you, who agree to respect your boundries and needs in your state of retreat.

This is why my husband and I came to an agreement to have such a relationship, in which we each alternate being powerful and powerless, to give each other times of peace and selflessness, and other times of stimulating active self expression and responsibility.

You know, horses in a field will take turns standing guard against predators while the other lies down to rest. It is a surprisingly well adapted behaviorism.....

Trying to retreat to this state/ experience on a permanent basis is what makes abuse and slavery possible. It is being an enabler, encouraging such sorts of behaviors/relationships to exist. Refusing to step into power and leaving all responsibility to others makes it easy to judge them as "bad" when they make mistakes with that burden, or when they fall prey to the downfalls of that role- of increasing selfishness, decreasing awareness of other and empathy, possesiveness, jealousy, greed, corruption.....

But it remains a joint creation, which you played a part in, in denying responsibility and power.

Plus, trying to sustain it on a permanent basis makes the opposite drive (self expression) to still affirm itself, but in covert ways - like the overt denial of ego accompanied by a covert denial and condemnation of all who are different from self.

In the OP, the demand for certain sorts of responses and attempt to avoid other ones, is not being "in the moment" with acceptation of all that is, without thought of future consequence or past memory.... it is focusing exactly on those thoughts, and attempting to assert power over future.

There are times when delving into the release of power and responsibility is beneficial, appropriate, and good for you, other times when it is not, and acknowledging the appropriateness of asserting personal power and expression is perfectly adjusted to the "now".

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

ιστορία is another word for history in Greek. See anything similar to your word ιστορική? The first five letters are the same, meaning they share a root word between themselves. The only reason the extension is different on the two words is context. Each word was used in a certain context. Your version of the word history means in the sense of legal history, my word means "a" history in general. One very broad, the other very specific.

What does the root ιστορ mean? Hist, which means to call to silence in English. Jesus was "silent before his shearers" at his trial. What is silence? The motionlessness of the image itself.

How about ιστο? It means tissue, your flesh is tissue. Take the silence (image) away and you have only flesh or tissue.

And what about when you take both the tissue (ιστο) and the call for silence (ιστορ) away? You get ισ, which means "currency". Currency is what's left when you take the flesh and image away. Be afraid of the one who can destroy both body and soul, a.k.a. tissue and the call for silence. Currency kills both body and soul, it is the BEAST of the antichrist (TPTB).

You may see this as nothing but coincidence but the formation of our languages has been a very methodical task and there is no coincidence in etymology.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Two known examples off the top of my head are the Japanese soldier that held his position years after the end of WWII and the other is Clive Wearing, who itisnowagain posted a video of in an old thread.

The soldier never came to realize that war is pointless and that he would be better off just laying down his weapons and walking away.

Clive Wearing suffers from retrograde and anterograde amnesia. He "wakes up" every 20 seconds. He has kept a diary with page after page of entries like:
8:31 AM: Now I am really, completely awake.
9:06 AM: Now I am perfectly, overwhelmingly awake.
9:34 AM: Now I am superlatively, actually awake.

I don't know if he has ever written about seeing god's kindom or anything like that. That guy has a huge headstart on just about anyone when it comes to living in the NOW but, still it seems like he can't get to the place you describe.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

But it doesn't mean that there is any importance to it. You are adding that to bolster your conviction in whatever it is you are trying to convince yourself of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join