It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

knights of columbus/columba

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by orangeman dave
right fairy do christians bugger children? do men of god abuse children do their superiors cover it up and ship them off elsewhere without paying the price?

Take a look at this Dave.

www.csmonitor.com...

I abhor the abuse scandals within the churches, but you can't fling mud at one side when the other is just as bad or even worse.

Leveller good post. I am Catholic and a Knight but I will never stand by any and I mean any human who abuses children. I am glad that the guilty are brought to justice but this problem just is not in the Catholic church but it is everywhere. www.reformation.com...

No matter what we should all protect our children.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The so-called "Blood Oath" of the Knights of Columbus is a spurrious invention. The Knights of Columbus take no blood oaths of any kind. The Bogus Oath in question was tracked down to a Baptist minister, circa 1920's (?) and filed in the Library of Congress - back in the day, anyone could file just about anything there.

The rituals and ceremonies of the KC were submitted to various State and National Congress for review, which affirms no blood oath. Further, the KC's have long since had a $10,000.00 bounty paid to anyone who can prove such an oath exists. In addition, the KCs have been known to (successfully) prosecute persons who publicly perpetuate the notion of the Blood Oath.

My own personal opinion of the 4th Degree ceremony, without giving details...anticlimactic, ho-hum, much-ado-about-nothing.

Zhenyghi
4th Degree Knight of Columbus
Member, Order of Alhambra
Knight of the Holy Sepulchre

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here's a question -

I was helping interview a candidate for Masonic membership the other night and we were telling him that masonry doesn't concern itself with membership in other groups, churches, etc. I was telling him the standard statement of "We don't care what church you belong to, or organization you belong to" etc.

I even mentioned that despite the whole Catholic Edict thing we still have lots of members who are Catholic.

One of the guys on the committee, though, said that the only trouble the guy would have is if he is a member of the Knights of Columbus. This was the first time I had heard this.

He said that masonry doesn't care if you are K of C, but that K of C would make you quit if they found out you were a mason.

This surprised me because I had never heard it before. Frankly I was a little put off that he appeared to be speaking for the K of C, but I don't know what the context was.

Does this sound true?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

He said that masonry doesn't care if you are K of C, but that K of C would make you quit if they found out you were a mason.

This surprised me because I had never heard it before. Frankly I was a little put off that he appeared to be speaking for the K of C, but I don't know what the context was.

Does this sound true?

Well, since by their rules the Knights of Columbus is open to 18 year old practical Catholic men and a practical Catholic is defined for these purposes as one who "lives up to the precepts of the Church." and one of the precepts is "Thou shall not be a Mason" ....

... Then I would say - heck yeah its true, i.e if you were in the KoC and were naive (or dumb) enough to waive around your Masonic Membership Card they would give you the "them or us" ultimatum.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Landru]

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Landru]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join