It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

knights of columbus/columba

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
leveller said the ira were started because of the british troops this is pure fiction the troops got sent there to protect the catholics! Also you said the church does not support them why then have there been 2 catholic priests convicted of being members one with guns and the other with bombs?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
i not engaged with the catholics on this calling them anything or saying i hate them, but im beginning to hate you!

Spoken like a true "freemason".
Cheers Dave.

By the way. Don't tell lies and try to put words in my mouth. I know why the IRA started and I know why the British Army was sent to Ireland. I never even broached the subject though.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
thats because i am a freemason, do u still think otherwise? calling someone a liar in the first place is un masonic! Why would i claim to be something im not

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Why would i claim to be something im not

Well Dave, you claim not to hate Catholics either, but you've branded all of those in the US as supporters of terrorism.

So I don't know. You tell me.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
leveller i dont tell lies! dont tell me anything ok! the army was sent to defend the catholics having had friends who served there im sure with u being 100 percent correct all the time with your facts, and your links being the only correct ones whilst everbody elses is wrong, you will call them liars as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
look back leveller and see where the word all is inorporated in the sentence do u want my glasses?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

leveller said the ira were started because of the british troops this is pure fiction the troops got sent there to protect the catholics! Also you said the church does not support them why then have there been 2 catholic priests convicted of being members one with guns and the other with bombs?

Dave, Dave, Dave.
I know the British Army was sent in to defend Catholics. When did I ever say otherwise as you claim? Is your statement above therefore not a lie?

As for your Catholic statement?

THE CTHOLICS OF AMERICA SUPPORT IRISH CATHOLIC TERRORISM AND HAVE AIDED THEM FOR YEARS

It doesn't say some Catholics, Dave. It doesn't even say the majority. It says "THE" Catholics. Now maybe I'm not as bright as you Dave. But to me, the use of the word "THE" indicates that you are talking about all Catholics. It's like anything else. When you say "THE Football League", you aren't tallking about one or two teams are you? Same as when somebody says "THE Freemasons", they aren't just talking about a couple of Freemasons are they?

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
sorry leveller, i meant to say pbrez instead of u, apologies

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez
About 2 years ago I was at a conference and meet a Royal Marine. We became friends and went out one night. He told be the most disturbing story about Northern Ireland. He was stationed there in the seventies. He told me that most of the riots in Northern Ireland where started by the British troops. He said that they started them to either enhance their training or because they where bored.

I have to state that I doubt the guy's credibility. If he was talking about his own Commandos instigating trouble, it's not very plausible. The Marines were stationed in Londonderry, which was a pretty hostile place already. It was hard enough to keep a lid on the place as it was, without trying to stir up more hostility.

If he was talking about elsewhere in NI, then he was referring to Army troops. The Marines are Navy and have never seen eye to eye with the Army and it's quite possible that he was carrying on the age old tradition of slagging off the Army.

I've also got a lot of family and friends who have served in Northern Ireland and even those who I would term as being the hardest in outlook weren't interested in causing trouble. All they were worried about was getting home alive. True, Northern Ireland was looked upon as a good training ground by the Armed Forces, but in reality, the Army and Marines didn't have to go out and start violence as it was already there waiting for them.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by pbrez
About 2 years ago I was at a conference and meet a Royal Marine. We became friends and went out one night. He told be the most disturbing story about Northern Ireland. He was stationed there in the seventies. He told me that most of the riots in Northern Ireland where started by the British troops. He said that they started them to either enhance their training or because they where bored.

I have to state that I doubt the guy's credibility. If he was talking about his own Commandos instigating trouble, it's not very plausible. The Marines were stationed in Londonderry, which was a pretty hostile place already. It was hard enough to keep a lid on the place as it was, without trying to stir up more hostility.

If he was talking about elsewhere in NI, then he was referring to Army troops. The Marines are Navy and have never seen eye to eye with the Army and it's quite possible that he was carrying on the age old tradition of slagging off the Army.

I've also got a lot of family and friends who have served in Northern Ireland and even those who I would term as being the hardest in outlook weren't interested in causing trouble. All they were worried about was getting home alive. True, Northern Ireland was looked upon as a good training ground by the Armed Forces, but in reality, the Army and Marines didn't have to go out and start violence as it was already there waiting for them.

When I meet him he was a Colour Sergeant and he seemed to have the credentials. He did tell me that story but I don’t think it happened everywhere. That is just an example of someone saying something then people believing him. Truly I didn’t believe him but for someone to say something like that was disturbing even if he didn’t do it.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by pbrez]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I searched the internet and found this site www.nireland.com... it exposes the secret world of the Orangemen.

Now again the point to this message is that anyone can make up something about anyone. Do I believe this site; of course not it was made by someone who suffers from paranoia. It just goes to show do not believe everything you read. Now Orangeman if want to continue your lies (which is a sin) please do. I make my peace with you (like a Christian would).

[edit on 15-1-2005 by pbrez]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
calling me a liar a pbrez, well for your information its a sin to bugger kids then move priests to a different parish! but you keep going to a rc church. you dont have to make peace i have no axe to grind btw did you see the knights of columbus oath and hibernian oath on your link? they have the same ones as i posted then you go and post them thanks mate.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm truly surprised you are still posting here, Orangeman. Still trying to bash the Catholic Church.
The Church is no innocent. But, they do good, in their own way. (Born and raised, disillusioned Catholic here.)
Nothing you attempt to prove will bring the Church one step closer to its demise. It will remaiin longer in existance after you no longer can post here.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
listen fairy yeah the church does good i agree, but im not posting about it doing good im posting on its flaws are you going to add something constructive to the post? or are you as a catholic or oh sorry disilussioned catholic going to attack me instead of the church. Im not bashing btw im just posting truths what they have done through the ages so over to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

hi im just new on the site ive been reading about the knights, the knights are really a secret society with secrets, *SNIP*
they are a anti-protestant organization i have read there wicked oathe about killing protestants and ripping protestants from their wombs and smashing their skulls of walls and also refering to protestants and jews as heretics one of their degrees is inside congress in america which was obtained by a ex member this organization cannot be classed similar to masons as anyone of any standing can join masons while only catholics and until recently white catholics are allowed to join the knights the coloured people *SNIP*

Well, first of all, what happened to the topic of your thread. It seems to have gone off on some tangent?

or are you as a catholic or oh sorry disilussioned catholic going to attack me instead of the church. Im not bashing btw im just posting truths what they have done through the ages so over to you.

Truths????
Where????
This is not an attack on you. I don't understand your huge dislike of the Chruch. And, you call yourself a Christian???

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
right fairy do christians bugger children? do men of god abuse children do their superiors cover it up and ship them off elsewhere without paying the price? does a christian church through the ages kill people in the name of christianity? you seem more content to atack me for bashing than confront the truths about what is really going on we all await your next post to see if you will bash me or confront the evils that are going on.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
well fairy can i start with boston how many cover ups, should i as a christian sit and do nothing ? is it christian to confront wrong doing or not i think to confront evils is christian if im wrong let me know. Y ou seem to think that me being christian i shouldnt say anything about coverups, child abuse or any wrongdoings but you seem to have the wrong conception of christian. What have i posted that is not christian attacking a blasphemous church post your answers to above top secret soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

right fairy do christians bugger children? do men of god abuse children do their superiors cover it up and ship them off elsewhere without paying the price?

Take a look at this Dave.

www.csmonitor.com...

I abhor the abuse scandals within the churches, but you can't fling mud at one side when the other is just as bad or even worse.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Y ou seem to think that me being christian i shouldnt say anything about coverups, child abuse or any wrongdoings but you seem to have the wrong conception of christian.

I have no problem with folks speaking up about abuse whereever and whenever it occurs. But, you are not merely speaking up, you are practically raving about it. What good is it doing? In that arespect, you are preaching to the choir in that few here condone abusing children.

The priests/scout leaders/ministers who abuse children make the institutions they belong to look very bad. But, it is not the institutuion that is sinning. It is the individual.
I grant you, the cover-ups were the wrong thing to do. In this day and age, hoping something will not become public is the wrongggggg approadh to take. I'm sure the Church was just behaving the way it has in the past when some of its priest, etc. did wrong. But, you have to admit, cover-ups worked in the Catholic Church for 2000 years. Who would have thought it wouldn't work this time. From what I hav eread, the Church didn't even admit that women posseed soulds until the 1300 or 1400s

You see, I agree with you that the abuse is wrong and the coverup is wrong. But, it is also wrong to blame the millions of faithful who honor God through the Church. What have the faithful done wrong? If any should be appalled and ranting, it is those who call themselves practicing Catholics. (That would exclude me, orangie.)

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

calling me a liar a pbrez, well for your information its a sin to bugger kids then move priests to a different parish! but you keep going to a rc church. you dont have to make peace i have no axe to grind btw did you see the knights of columbus oath and hibernian oath on your link? they have the same ones as i posted then you go and post them thanks mate.

One more time Dave that oath is fake. You can see I am in the knights of columbus and I never made an "oath" that says anything like that. I never made any oaths at all. Also you have an axe to grind because you keep posting several lies about the orginization I belong to.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join