It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

knights of columbus/columba

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Yup. We do have the Mark Degree and we do get a penny.
Some of our Provinces have their own specific penny.

I couldn't remember. I have a Mark ritual from England but haven't looked at it in a while. As I posted earlier, the Mark Degree is controlled in *most* U.S. jurisdictions by the Royal Arch Chapter and generally the Chapter Name & Number appears on the penny. Some areas have individual Mark Lodges (similar to those in England) Indiana has at least one such Lodge.

Fraternally,

-John

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Over here, it's an independent degree although it was probably historically part of the 2nd. I believe that it was even conferred as part of the 2nd back in ages gone.
It's normally the first step for a mason after he's raised. Either that or Chapter. It's therefore a very popular degree.
One of our guys recently emigrated to the US. He's carrying on his masonry but has had to take his clearance from the Mark as he reckons that it's pretty hard to get into a MMM Lodge over there as it's invitation only where he is.

I have to admit, that Mark is probably my favourite degree. It's known as "The Friendly Degree" over here and is one of the best to undertake visits in. It's also a requirement here to be a MMM before you can go on to the degree of Royal Ark Mariner.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Dave,
I never thought I'd see the day when the KofC is attacked instead of the Masons. I also never thought I'd see the day when a mason goes out of his way to attack another fraternal organization. Your virulent attack leaves me puzzled.
How did you come to so hate the Catholic Church? Even if you are not a mason, which you may not be, your negative feelings go beyond an alleged oath. I have never known a Mason to speak so badly about any group

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow, you guys have been great in refuting the bogus K of C/Jesuit oath. I'm glad you don't believe that bunk, except for this orange guy. It doesn't look like anything that has been said in the defense that this bogus oath is a fake is going to change orange's mind. His mind is set, and he stubbornly refuses to accept the evidence against his argument.

As what was said earlier, the K of C do not make oaths, but we do make promises, and nothing is mentioned in any of the CEREMONIALS about protestants or masons.

I am a 4th degree Knight of Columbus. I have taken all the promises, and NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in any promise I've made says anything about protestants or masons.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

I am a 4th degree Knight of Columbus. I have taken all the promises, and NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in any promise I've made says anything about protestants or masons.

One of my best friends is a 4� KofC, and he's one of the finest men I know.
There is no way that he would ever take an oath to hurt anyone.

Freemasonry is about bringing people together, not drawing artificial lines to separate them. As Dr. Newton once said, "Freemasons build bridges, not walls." Freemasonry has no ill will against any religion, including Roman Catholicism, providing only that such religions recognize that men have the right to disagree. We believe that people are superior to institutions, and that the only purpose of institutions is to serve mankind: not vice versa.

That being said, Freemasonry welcomes good Roman Catholic men, as well as all other good men who honor the Almighty, and invites all in proclaiming and celebrating true brotherhood.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

One of my best friends is a 4� KofC, and he's one of the finest men I know.
There is no way that he would ever take an oath to hurt anyone.

I just received an interesting e-mail from one of my best friends (a 4th Degree K of C, and District Deputy Grand Knight) He said:

"BTW, the 4th degree is exemplified in public (that is, guests, wives,
etc are invited and witness the entire thing)."

I've never heard that before. It would be interesting to attend and witness the 4th Degree.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

I just received an interesting e-mail from one of my best friends (a 4th Degree K of C, and District Deputy Grand Knight) He said:

"BTW, the 4th degree is exemplified in public (that is, guests, wives,
etc are invited and witness the entire thing)."

I've never heard that before. It would be interesting to attend and witness the 4th Degree.

The 4th Degree Ceremony in our Province is not conducted in public. Wives and girlfreinds have a seperate entertainment in another building during the exemplification. There is a dinner after the ceremony and after the entertainment for the women that everyone attends.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
i didnt think england conferred the mark as i knew they had no pennies(coins) senrak i will e mail u privately as i need to take it easy on the site now if im not to get banned . Banned for speaking my mind.

Here's a thought - Try speaking (or typing, as it were) with less caustic overtones and it would go a long way towards keeping the banhammer away. People don't get warned/banned for "speaking their minds", it is personal insults and instigative attitudes that do it.

I still don't believe you are a Mason, I don't think anyone else here does, either. I just can't see any kind of good Mason carrying on the way you have been here. If you are a Mason (let me say again that I don't believe you are), you bring no credit to the Craft by your words.

As for the topic of this thread, how many times are you going to have to be told you are wrong before you will just accept it and move on? I mean you can be ignorant to the truth if you want, but I (like most people) would want to know if I was saying something that wasn't true, so that I could not be accurately described as "Spreader of Venomous Lies". To each his own, I guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
the knights of columba is a sectarian organization they will not admit non catholics. Up until a few decades back they were rascist as well not admitting coloured people but admitting them into the knights of peter claver instead Fact. This organization is at work in britain in the labour goverment as well bringing in catholic policies, stating there want for religious apartheid in schools ie state funded catholic schools is the work of a tolerant church dividing kids at the age of five i dont think so

kat atat

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What does "kat atat" mean?

I googled it but could only find one page that contained the word.

"ello Danny it's me David so your name is clubberboy good name so is uboot good Fu*k all taigs KAT,ATAT"

clubberboy.uboot.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
KAT ATAT = Kill all Taigs (Catholics), All Taigs are Targets

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the knigts and jesuit order refer to protestants as heretics as does the bill in the vatican which chief counsellor denied, he must be calling his church liars as it is in black and white. heres a quote from this link
The most powerful influence in the counter reformation was the Order of the Jesuits, established in 1534 by Spaniard, Ignatious Loyola. This was a monastic order characterized by the union of strict discipline, the most intense loyalty to the church and the order, the deepest religious devotion, and strong proselyting behavior.

Its principle aim was to fight the Protestant movement with methods both open and secret. The Knights of Columbus and Jesuit oaths say unless you are Catholic you are a heretic. According to that oath you don’t even deserve to breath God’s air - whomever dispatches you has done God a service. During the Tribulation period this thinking will rise again. momentin.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

the knigts and jesuit order refer to protestants as heretics as does the bill in the vatican which chief counsellor denied, he must be calling his church liars as it is in black and white. heres a quote from this link
The most powerful influence in the counter reformation was the Order of the Jesuits, established in 1534 by Spaniard, Ignatious Loyola. This was a monastic order characterized by the union of strict discipline, the most intense loyalty to the church and the order, the deepest religious devotion, and strong proselyting behavior.

Its principle aim was to fight the Protestant movement with methods both open and secret. The Knights of Columbus and Jesuit oaths say unless you are Catholic you are a heretic. According to that oath you don’t even deserve to breath God’s air - whomever dispatches you has done God a service. During the Tribulation period this thinking will rise again. momentin.com...

One last time I do not think you are a heretic. You believe and praise Jesus in the way you feel right.

Here is an interesting link. lark.phoblacht.net... Your group is compared to the KKK. In America that is not a good reputation and also it was rumored that the KKK is responsible for entering the Bogus Oath into the library of congress.

Now my point of all of this is this; we can dig around the internet and find bad things that Catholics did or bad things Protestants did, or we can make peace, you decide.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

the knigts and jesuit order refer to protestants as heretics as does the bill in the vatican which chief counsellor denied, he must be calling his church liars as it is in black and white.

Ok, if you want black and white, let's look at black and white. What is the Roman Catholic Church's official position on Protestants?

"One cannot charge with the sin of separation those who at present are born into these communities (Protestant churches) and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers...All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church." (Catechism of the Catholic Church, Article 818).

Here, we see that the Roman Church considers Protestants to be fellow Christians, not heretics. Personally, I don't care if anyone calls me a heretic or not, but as we see above, this is no longer done by the Catholic Church. The rivalry between the Catholic Church and the Reformed Churches are a thing of the distant past; the Enlightenment burst the bubble of both movements in their struggle for power.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
p brez, that link you posted is the catholic TERRORIST GROUP THE IRA MOUTHPIECE PROPOGANDA, I USED TERRORIST WEBSITES IN AN EARLIER ARGUMENT AND GOT SLATED WELL SEEING THE CTHOLICS OF AMERICA SUPPORT IRISH CATHOLIC TERRORISM AND HAVE AIDED THEM FOR YEARS

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

p brez, that link you posted is the catholic TERRORIST GROUP THE IRA MOUTHPIECE PROPOGANDA, I USED TERRORIST WEBSITES IN AN EARLIER ARGUMENT AND GOT SLATED WELL SEEING THE CTHOLICS OF AMERICA SUPPORT IRISH CATHOLIC TERRORISM AND HAVE AIDED THEM FOR YEARS

I agree that the webiste posted is just as disgusting as any that you have used in your attacks, Dave. But that's hardly justification that can be used in your defence, is it?

Catholics of America support Irish Catholic terrorism.

With that one sweping statement you have managed to pigeonhole every Catholic in the US as a supporter of terrorism. Not only is this ignorant, deceitful and malicious, but it's also totally wrong. Sure, there were some groups that supported Republican terrorism (NORAID springs to mind), but in general, most people couldn't care less about funding the dirty little war that you people got yourselves embroiled in.
And to tell the truth, if I were you, I would be less worried about groups like NORAID, and more worried about people like yourself. The people who can't let go of their hatred for other religions. The people who will use any excuse and any lie to lay blame. The same people who have fuelled the Troubles for decades.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I will stand firm on one thing I do not support or defend the IRA. I just thought it was an interesting story that you should have seen. Like I said the point of the post waas to show that anyone can say anything and people believe them. You made posts from the cuttingedge that is totaly false. I found this story that is false and you freak out.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
leveller i have no hatred for anyone ill say it again i cannot check in depth the coverups of rome without being called this or that, people like me have started wars, no my friend people like your english ancestors have started more wars than tongue can tell raping and pillaging countries! As stated i come from a mixed religion family and im interested in the wrong doings of rome never once have i not engaged with the catholics on this calling them anything or saying i hate them, but im beginning to hate you!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I don't care if anyone calls me a heretic or not, but as we see above, this is no longer done by the Catholic Church.

Masonic Light I would never call you or any other faith a heretic.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think I know where Orangeman’s concerns about Catholics come from. He mentioned before about the IRA and I will agree they are terrorist. One thing everyone should know is just because they are Catholics, the Catholic Church or Catholics in general do not support them. Now Dave has mentioned American Catholics supporting the IRA and that is not true. I read an article back in the eighties that stated that some Irish Americans where sending money back to the Ireland that some believe where supporting the IRA. From what I know Northern Ireland is a hell hole. About 2 years ago I was at a conference and meet a Royal Marine. We became friends and went out one night. He told be the most disturbing story about Northern Ireland. He was stationed there in the seventies. He told me that most of the riots in Northern Ireland where started by the British troops. He said that they started them to either enhance their training or because they where bored.

Now like I said before I do not support the IRA but I can understand why they started. By the way In the Name of the Father was a great movie.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join