It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump doesn't intend to win?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: soekvg
I personally thought Trump was doing this for shock value and nothing more. No intention to win, just an intention to see what reactions he can get out of America.

He could be more of a lightning rod sort of thing. Or an ice breaker, get things loosened up in the extreme so that they can be talked about in an atmosphere where political correctness isn't stifling everything. Not to mention how boring all the usual posturing and ass kissing is.

edit on 28-7-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Maybe the TPTB has vetted most of the candidates and picked Bush and Clinton but they are worried that they'll mess up so they need someone to distract from the stupid stuff that they might be doing right now. They go to Donald Trump and tell him how great he is,tell him how much he is needed, that no one would be able run the country as good as him. Told him that his finances won't be affected negatively and how much he could gain. Maybe he doesn't know that he is being used.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I will bite. Just what segment of democratic voters would Trump have a chance of capturing? Also why would people vote for Trump when he has no history of holding an elected office?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Foreplay of the real race?

People in the Republican Party are aggrivated with him. If at very least he should be head of a pep rally for the party. I mean he is shaking things up.

It's just hard to tell if he is a serious person. In 2012 he pulled a stunt for media attention saying he was running. I figured it was same thing this time but people took him serious. Maybe he had a plan I don't know.

I don't want to see him defeated and best but he really has to show more or else he will just be another person who started to run too early. It has happened many times in election history. Lots of attention will go one one or two people early but when it matters the real players come out and start spending campaign money.

If I was to tell anyone going against him anything if say dont play by his rules in the debates. Don't let him get you upset. It shows weakness and cast doubt in the viewers.

Also id recommend exploring his so called strength. It also has gotten in trouble id tap into that and get him going to see the true nature of him.

Lastly id tell any serious player to go against him using politics and education. Street savvy businessman is one thing but political and educated is another. Or is it?

And if tell him just the opposite for say Clinton. Can she be tough like he is etc etc

Hillary and Him would be a death match. Ego versus non. Male versus female. Very liberal versus very conservative. I would hate to see such election. Kind of like both. Reminds me of a parental divorce and you as Americans have to decide which parent you are gonna live with for the next four years.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I was thinking about Donald Trump this morning trying to figure out his agenda and then it struck me like a bolt of lightning.

It's a SHAKEDOWN...He has his hand-out.

He's blustering airbag, but he is not stupid when it comes to math. He knows damn well he will never carry enough of the vote to win a general election.

He can, however pander to the segment of the conservative base that is disillusioned and angry with their choices and pull enough of the GOP vote to torpedo Jeb Bush's chances.

This occurred to me when Trump recently threatened to "go independent" aka Ross Perot if the GOP didn't treat him better.

This is a threat. His intent is to slice off a percentage of voters that would otherwise vote for Jeb...as opposed to just garnering publicity in the GOP debates and then exiting.

It is a shakedown...money and math...watch for the pay-off..

It will have to cover the costs of his campaigning and show an egregious profit.

It will likely come in the form a real-estate deal unusually favorable to Trump with one of Jebs companies...Jeb Bush and Trump have and continue to make their money in Real Estate. Jeb has sat on boards and worked repeatedly in the Development and Real Estate industry.

When Bush left office in 2008

First, Bush renewed the real estate broker's license he first got in 1982. He registered with a firm founded by Jose I. Juncadella, one of South Florida's top commercial brokers. Before Bush became governor, they worked together at Codina's real estate firm.

Next, he founded a consulting company, Jeb Bush & Associates. It doesn't seem to have a Web site, and Bush declines to discuss what it does or identify its clients.

Bush set up a small office in a Miami skyscraper a block from Biscayne Bay. He shares a suite with lawyer and developer M. Ronald Krongold, a golfing friend for 25 years who helped run Bush's successful 1998 campaign.

www.tampabay.com...

Ronald Krongold is a big time developer/real estate Mogul in Miami and Trump is heavily investing in Miami right now.

Just sayin...watch for the pay-off.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The problem with the theory is that any gain (for Trump) from Hillary being President can't possibly eclipse the amount of money he's putting towards this effort.

I agree Trump is about business, but this is intricately tied to politics, and as POTUS, pretty much the ultimate wheeler dealer position there is. After his term, he'd be immensely more powerful in the business world, and I think that is his goal.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
this debate is set up by FOX, paid for by FOX, with FOX rules...simply rule Trump out....geez FOX, grow a set of balls, willya

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

I will bite. Just what segment of democratic voters would Trump have a chance of capturing? Also why would people vote for Trump when he has no history of holding an elected office?

The HUGE gap of democrats who HATE hillary Clinton, in the millions

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: xpert11

The HUGE gap of democrats who HATE hillary Clinton, in the millions

Round objects. Given the choice of Hillary Clinton versus Trump, they'll choose Hillary every time. And laugh a lot.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

At least half of democrats are nowhere deep progressives just folks looking for free stuff.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock "Free stuff"??? Not this tired old myth again, surely? What next, no taxes?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I think you are absolutely right

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
As I believe, Trump is not here to win the election, he is here to hand it to the Democrats. I like the additional information that you provided regarding the Real Estate!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It will be immensely more profitable having a president owe Trump a favor than with would fro Trump to be POTUS as he would have to step down from his empire to do so.

Trump is all about the deal and the bottom line.

…I am enjoying his media slap down though….

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join